+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Corpse Explosion nerf

Telaran

Default Corpse Explosion nerf

I looked a bit but didn't find anything, but FYI they increased the cooldown on CE from 10sec...to 45 sec.

Are you complaining about PvP use of this ? Because if you are thinking of PvE uses, it is SO situational that the "nerf" is barely noticeable.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Meegs View Post
    Are you complaining about PvP use of this ? Because if you are thinking of PvE uses, it is SO situational that the "nerf" is barely noticeable.
    I enjoyed using it for PvE so for me it is more than barely noticeable. I looked for some hotfix notes on the launcher or in the forums, so unless I missed it, my point here is letting everyone know of an undocumented change. The damage is too weak in pvp anyway for being under 200 damage and someone has to die for it to do anything, and they have to be within 10 meters. Only mobs are usually a use for the skill.

-Roshambo

Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fidelis View Post
    I enjoyed using it for PvE so for me it is more than barely noticeable. I looked for some hotfix notes on the launcher or in the forums, so unless I missed it, my point here is letting everyone know of an undocumented change. The damage is too weak in pvp anyway for being under 200 damage and someone has to die for it to do anything, and they have to be within 10 meters. Only mobs are usually a use for the skill.

-Roshambo
    Hmm as a Necromancer lover can you give me an example of an situation that is useful in PvE other than in dungeons that have an AOE pull that makes the dps loss of your Rogue pet worth it?

I am just asking because I am always trying to learn, and if you know of a use for it that I do not , I would love to try it out.

Telaran

Strange they would do tihs as this skill is largly unused by most necros being that a 2 secon stun and 10% is not that good and you have to put 3 points in to even have it work 100% of the time and your pet that does 50% of your damage has to die.

...makes the dps loss of your Rogue pet worth it?
    This Corpse Explosion? It reads like a debuff that makes the target explode if it dies while cursed. Is this really outdated?

edit: unless the zam builder is terribly wrong I think people are confusing Detonate Bones (auto-explode on any pet death) and Corpse Explosion.
    Last edited by exLupo; 03-24-2011 at 11:56 AM.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
    This Corpse Explosion? It reads like a debuff that makes the target explode if it dies while cursed. Is this really outdated?

edit: unless the zam builder is terribly wrong I think people are confusing Detonate Bones (auto-explode on any pet death) and Corpse Explosion.
    It's the same damage as before, just CD is now 45 seconds instead of 10. Not in the notes (that I've seen) or patcher, and was 10 seconds last night as I was using it, logged in today and tried to use it more than once in a battle then noticed the new tooltip.

-Roshambo

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Vodac View Post
    Strange they would do tihs as this skill is largly unused by most necros being that a 2 secon stun and 10% is not that good and you have to put 3 points in to even have it work 100% of the time and your pet that does 50% of your damage has to die.
    You're thinking of the pet-explode skill when he dies, I'm talking about the corpse explosion skill necromancers are granted at 38 investment points.

-Roshambo

It's the same damage as before, just CD is now 45 seconds instead of 10. Not in the notes (that I've seen) or patcher, and was 10 seconds last night as I was using it, logged in today and tried to use it more than once in a battle then noticed the new tooltip.

-Roshambo
    It's bugged the slightly lower level version has 10 second cooldown

the last version you get all of a sudden jumps to 45 second cool down.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Telaran

Hmm as a Necromancer lover can you give me an example of an situation that is useful in PvE other than in dungeons that have an AOE pull that makes the dps loss of your Rogue pet worth it?

I am just asking because I am always trying to learn, and if you know of a use for it that I do not , I would love to try it out.
    Doing lowbie rifts and instances helping guildies I used it all the time. Doing those (old) IP dailies killing bats I'd gather up 9 and kill them all, it doesnt pull aggro when you use it (assuming the pet did something at least, it will pull mobs to you).

With feign death I'd usually be ballsy enough to try out CE a lot as I got tired of one by one. Invasions it helped tons, I'd go for the weak mobs and right before the first weak mob died I'd drop CE on it then grave rot, timing Bone shatter right now all the mobs have DC stacks and some decent hate on me, but with the knight's AE taunt (allowed by DC stacks on each of them) he'd taunt them right back, rinse and repeat each mob until its just that invasion guy rolling around.

It was situational, not a pvp issue whatsoever (unless you're world pvp'ing tons of lowbies, but then the pyro AE would do that much faster after just 2 pulses in damage, we're talking about ~190ish damage.

The nice thing about it was the 10sec timer started when you used it, so a mob at 50% that you knew you could take down, drop that on him, as he's about 20% soul purge and switch pet to another mob thats about to come at you with his teeth, you might take a swing or two, but BOOM that one would blow up, the timer is fresh again, that 2nd mob is now about dead, CE BOOM. Just keep dropping grave rot and spread your pet around and it was fun AE, not just pulsing channeled AE pyro gets.

Shrug, maybe someone had some bad exploit with it, but increasing the recast timer from 10 to 45, and leaving the damage the same, is pretty weak.

-Roshambo

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    It's bugged the slightly lower level version has 10 second cooldown

the last version you get all of a sudden jumps to 45 second cool down.
    I'm 50 so it changed my skill. I hope it's a bug that gets fixed back, and not the other way around to where they all go to 45 seconds. Honestly I didn't feel like it was anything more than fun, on even con monsters, we're talking about about 10-25% of their life, which grave rotting would do in its cast-lifetime anyways, it was just fun, and the damage is so low I mean not even 200 damage, the pyro AE doesn't have a recast timer and would do that in two pulses, easy.

-Roshambo

Plane Touched

I'm 50 so it changed my skill. I hope it's a bug that gets fixed back, and not the other way around to where they all go to 45 seconds. Honestly I didn't feel like it was anything more than fun, on even con monsters, we're talking about about 10-25% of their life, which grave rotting would do in its cast-lifetime anyways, it was just fun, and the damage is so low I mean not even 200 damage, the pyro AE doesn't have a recast timer and would do that in two pulses, easy.

-Roshambo
    iv crit for over 800 with it. I'm only 40 however. it's still 10s for me. I'll remember not to upgrade it until it's fixed.

+ Reply to Thread