+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An alternative to nerfing Radiant Spores.

Soulwalker

Default An alternative to nerfing Radiant Spores.

It just occured to me that Stream of Reclaimation gives 5% more chance for 3 seconds per second channeled for radiant spores to activate. I figure some people are using this to up the percentage of RS to 40%-45% or so. I rarely use SoR because it only heals for the first tick of damage. I figure the proposed changes to RS were maybe designed to get people to use SoR more? I'd probably not even use RS giving me even less reason to use SoR if those changes went in.

Why not just change Stream of Reclaimation to do something else as a secondary effect... like debuff against life damage or a 10 second buff for allies or a personal or group HoT of some sort. Make SoR part of my regular casting rotation by making it do something else instead of making RS look overpowered. That way its a passive nerf to RS which I think most will be fine with.

Rift Disciple

Wow, you are right sir.

I also do not use stream of reclamation. I tried it out in my mid to late teen levels and was unimpressed then and now it will be even more useless.

They should probably replace stream of reclamation with something closer to Natural Splender. An ability that deals damage and heals the nearest 5 allies to the target for x health over y seconds.

Rift Disciple

RS is being nerfed, hopefully, because it's adding too much passive healing. If that's true... nerfing stream of reclamation isn't going to matter.

If they're nerfing RS, though, I wish they would increase the proc rate and decrease the % healed. For example.... I'd much rather have 100% proc rate for 16% of the damage done than 16% proc rate for 100% of the damage done. Predictable healing >>> unpredictable healing. Also... at this low % of healing, it would be nice if it lasted longer. It lasts.... 8 seconds? That's like every 5th GCD you have to spend to keep it up 100% of the time.
    A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time. When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied, The one I feed the most.

Soulwalker

RS lasts 16 seconds if I remember correctly, and my suggestion was not to nerf SoR, it was to make it do something else other than make RS look overpowered. Keep the mechanic the same but make its secondary effect just do something else.

+ Reply to Thread