+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to Necro/Lock/? spec help

Soulwalker

Default New to Necro/Lock/? spec help

hey everyone,

I am level 40 and have leveled with pyro so the necro/lock build i am lost here. I need some advice on all these pet choices and what would be a typical order for spell casting.

also what should i choose for 3rd soul?

Thanks in advance!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Blackforces9 View Post
    hey everyone,

I am level 40 and have leveled with pyro so the necro/lock build i am lost here. I need some advice on all these pet choices and what would be a typical order for spell casting.

also what should i choose for 3rd soul?

Thanks in advance!
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...zVVx.xxckVtkhs

That's not far off from the cookie cutter build. I use chloromancer as the 3rd soul for radiant spores. You could trim one point from warlock and a few from necro and put 5 points into the first tier of elemental summoner for 5% crit chance (some nice low hanging fruit there). Especially once they nerf RS.

You'll be using the zealot. If you look at his abilities, it's obvious you'll want to keep looming demise and necrosis up on your target. Your best spell is soul purge. My rotation looks something like:

Radiant spores - doesn't pull aggro BUT DOES send your pet in if it's on defensive
    necrosis
    looming demise
    dark touch
    grave rot (ground target)
    void bolt
    void bolt
    soul purge

It's usually dead at that point if you're soloing. If I get more than one mob I'll replace dark touch with essence link and I'll carefully decide if I want to cast grave rot or not.... it will aggro everything but the main target to you.... but I'm actually a better tank than my zealot so.... and I might throw in life leach on a few mobs. Soul purge is the key though.... great damage, heals both you and your pet (consumes charge).

Also... make sure that feign death is on your hot bar. An extremely useful skill for when you've screwed up.... which I tend to do all too often.

Hope that helps.
    A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time. When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied, The one I feed the most.

Soulwalker

Default Soul line

one other question i had... does it matter what soul line is in the middle vs left and right ect....

Thanks again

Isn't Skeletal Stalwart the Tank ? I know Zealot cant hold aggro at all .

Quote Originally Posted by Blackforces9 View Post
    one other question i had... does it matter what soul line is in the middle vs left and right ect....

Thanks again
    Nope.

@The Last Sin:

You're right, but at the OP's bracket, the zealot puts out fantastic damage and it's just far more efficient to eat NPC's damage and tank it with Essence Link/Soul Purge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    This thread screams, " I'm glad healing is getting nerfed..now please dont quit healing us."

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Sin View Post
    Isn't Skeletal Stalwart the Tank ? I know Zealot cant hold aggro at all .
    mostly with necro chloro you dont need the tank pet, you get him out only for elites. The zealot can do tremendous damage (for a pet) when specced right and putting the good curses on the mob.

+ Reply to Thread