+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Preferred Chloro patch notes:

Champion

Default Preferred Chloro patch notes:

With the amount of different souls (and soul combinations) in the game it doesn't surprise me when I feel like the patch notes were missing some much needed changes, so here are some suggestions for my most-played spec, Chloromancer. There are some nerfs in here, and some buffs, so please try to base your feedback on all of the changes as a whole.

* Radiant Spores: Now has a 100% chance to heal allies for 10% of the damage they deal.

* Phytogenesis: Redesigned, now gives Nature's Touch and Nature's Fury a 33/66/100% chance to apply Radiant Spores to the target.

* Withering Vine: Heal effect removed.

* Lifegiving Veil: Now affects up to 5 targets, and will always prioritize players over pets. Life based damage over time effects (including Stream of Reclamation) now heal allies for the damage done every tick, and for a non-reduced amount.

* Nature's Corrosion: Your Vile Spores and Ruin abilities now also deal 10/20/30% of their damage over the next 3 seconds. Now correctly affected by Neddra's Influence (Warlock).

* Stream of Reclamation: Radiant Spores modifiers removed.

* Empowered Veil: Now also increases the range on Flourish.

* Vile Spores: Cast time reduced from 2.0 to 1.5 seconds (damage and spell coefficients reduced accordingly). Travel speed increased by 50%.

* Nature's Fury: Cast time reduced from 2.5 to 2.0 seconds (damage and spell coefficients reduced accordingly). Travel speed increased by 50%. Now only procs Lifegiving Veil on the first target damaged, and for a non-reduced amount.

* Nature's Touch: Cast time reduced from 2.5 to 2.0 seconds (damage and spell coefficients reduced accordingly). Travel speed increased by 50%. Bonus healing effect ranged increased from 20 to 35 meters.

* Bloom: Now a base ability with 6 points in the Chloromancer soul. Tree skill replaced with Improved Bloom: Reduces the cooldown of Bloom by 1 second.

* Healing Slipstream: Bloom and Flourish are now both instant cast by default. Healing Slipstream now increases the healing done by Bloom and Flourish by 3/6%.

* Circle of Life: Redesigned, your damaging spells that do not critically hit increase your spell critical hit chance by 1/2/3/4/5% per cast. Stackable. Lasts 10 seconds. This effect is cleared on a successful critical heal or damaging spell.

* Call of Spring: Now also affects Lifegiving Veil. Healing bonus changed to 1/2/3/4/5%.

* Living Shell: Duration reduced from 30 to 20 seconds. Absorb effect increased by 25%. Mana returned is no longer reduced by damage absorbed, unless the absorb effect completely wears off.

* Unleashed Abandon: Redesigned, now causes your Wild Abandon to increase the healing the target receives by 10/20/30%.

* Empathic Bond: Redesigned, now redirects 20% of the damage done to your Synthesis target to yourself. Damage transferred is non-lethal and cannot exceed 50% of the mage's maximum health. Lasts 15 seconds.

* Enduring Tether: Redesigned, now causes Soul Tether to revive the ally with 65/100% of their health and mana.

* Wild Growth: Now cast at target location, instead of around the mage's current location.

* Essence Surge: Threat reduced by 25%. Now only reduces the mage's damage dealt by 25%, and for 10 seconds.

Have plenty of suggestions for other souls as well, if devs are interested just PM me. ;P
    Last edited by Veev; 03-24-2011 at 06:03 AM.

Champion

Also forgot, would be nice to have the Nature's Fury bounce ranged limited to something like 5m vertically and 10m horizontally.

Ascendant

well, after reading your list one could also ask for "I win - big, red button, make you win the game. the game ends."
    chloro is nearly perfect as it is.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Champion

I'm not sure you realize how many nerfs were actually in there then. Radiant Spores from 30% to 10% but more consistent and reliable. Lifegiving Veil still reduced to 5 targets. Nature's Corrosion from 100% dmg to 30% dmg. Mana regen on shell reduced. The average healing/damage per second of the 3 main nukes would remain untouched, they'd just be faster so healing is less spikey and able to be more reactive. Nothing else super imbalanced, just makes some very bad talents worth considering.
    Last edited by Veev; 03-24-2011 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veev View Post
    * Phytogenesis: Redesigned, now gives Nature's Touch and Nature's Fury a 33/66/100% chance to apply Radiant Spores to the target.
    Useless.

Phytogenesis should be an AE Radiant Spore ability. I.e., AoE like firestorm that deals a smaller amount of life damage and affects those in the targeted area with a 60% Radiant Spore which lasts the same length of time as the single target Radiant Spore.

Also, we could use an AE ranged life dot that would affect our synthesized target because corrosive is a useless spell.
    Last edited by Comunique; 03-24-2011 at 08:38 PM.

Champion

Hardly useless, maybe from a PvP or AoE grinding standpoint...

In 5 mans Radiant Spores often isn't even worth the global cooldown, and in raids reducing the GCD needed every 15 sec or so would help tremendously.

Soulwalker

* Lifegiving Veil: Now affects up to 5 targets, and will always prioritize players over pets. Life based damage over time effects (including Stream of Reclamation) now heal allies for the damage done every tick, and for a non-reduced amount.
    Very good change, thats how it should be. changes withering vines from a completly useless skill to a hot.
    +the dot reduction for VS and Ruin

Dont think the cast time reduction is a good thing, the chloromancer isn't a reactive healer. You spam your rotation, hoping the tank stays alive till the next heal comes. for reaktive heals you got bloom/flourish/ES

Call of Spring: Now also affects Lifegiving Veil. Healing bonus changed to 1/2/3/4/5%
    Thats really few, not sure if it is worth the points.
    Maybe 0.05/0.10/0.15/0.20/0.25 more damage and healing effects per point in the chloro tree (note lgv will benefit twice) (at lv 51 that would be 25% for lgv, 12.5 bloom flourish es, 12.5 +dmg.)

*the range augmentations on Flourish and natures touch should ofc be 35.

*for your radiant spores i'am kinda meh... like them how they are now. even changed to 16.

*Unleashed Abandon: Redesigned, now also has a 33/66/100% chance to remove all debuffs and negative effects and making the target immune to them
    (stays more in line to the one before)

Like your tread, there were many original changes

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by S0nnyboy View Post
    *Unleashed Abandon: Redesigned, now also has a 33/66/100% chance to remove all debuffs and negative effects and making the target immune to them
    (stays more in line to the one before)
    Game doesn't really need another Residual Absorption IMO, but thanks for the feedback ^^

Anyone else feel free to leave feedback to help increase visibility if you agree with any of the suggested changes.

Shadowlander

Good show. Passive spores could be interesting, but I think I'd rather keep the current AoE spores. I love the changes to LGV / withering vines / dots, it needs to be working like that yesterday. Cast times are fine as they are, but I wouldn't turn down some faster projectiles. Enduring Tether and Healing Slipstream are nice.

Unleashed Abandon could add a speed boost to the target or something, Call of Spring should be a healing bonus per point talent as said above. Except just a generic healing/regen bonus so it can be potentially useful to a couple other souls without relying on life damage or worrying about chloro DPS.

I'm not a fan of taking away all that mana regeneration, but we really do have near-infinite mana now so I'd be willing to take a hit (and there's always life tap). Empathic Bond change could be a nice tradeoff but I'd like to see it in action before judging. Finally...

* Circle of Life: Redesigned, your damaging spells that do not critically hit increase your spell critical hit chance by 1/2/3/4/5% per cast. Stackable. Lasts 10 seconds. This effect is cleared on a successful critical heal or damaging spell.
    This isn't a chloromancer ability, this is patch notes for Building Storm. Circle of Life could be similar, but it would only convert damage spells -> heal crit chance. Makes for a better spike-healing game.
    Last edited by Haette; 03-26-2011 at 01:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread