+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stop glazing over this...

Default Stop glazing over this...

Seriously

Withering Vines: Increased the amount healed.
    It may be that instead of popping Radiant Spores we'll need to use Withering Vines instead.

The number running I've done on Live so far says that over time it's only slightly behind Radiant for AOE heals. As we are getting a damage buff, that means that WV is getting a double buff.

But but but... it has a casting time! And you need to properly target it!
    No more spamming Spores on whatthehellever was in the area, tagging up to 8 targets with massive reactive healing.

Spores were a Fire & Forget spell that did all that annoying thinking for me. =/
    Tired of wading through vast rivers of tears? Use this awesome forum feature!

WV was in desperate need of a buff too. Couple that with RS triggering more often on fast attacking dps, we may actually see an increase in HPS, especially for the melee members of the group/raid.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Sword of Telara

WV needed a buff because as my sig says it just wasn't worth the cast time. I hope the new numbers proves to be enough to make it worth using.

RS is an awesome spell but in my opinion it is to awesome in some situations and it sucks in another situations. Yes it is a cast and forget spell but that's exactly the reason why it sucks in some cases. If your teammate who desperately needs healing isn't able to damage the RS target (stunned, feared, etc, out of range, etc) then RS doesn't do anything to save him. So from this perspective increased damage (which equals increased LV healing) and increased WV healing could be much better than pre-nerf RS.

Rift Disciple

I actually ran a parser for a few warfronts one day earlier this week. My intention was to see exactly how much healing I could actually get out of Withering Vine while making sure it was always up.

After 4 warfronts where I kept withering vine on targets that were near friendlies:
    Withering Vines healed for about 4% of my total heals
    Radiant spores healed for about 15% of my total heals
    Bloom healed for about 7% of my total heals
    Flourish healed for about 15% of my total heals
    and Lifegiving Veil healed the other 59% of my total heals (which is basically vile spores, ruin, nature's touch)

Now, Lifegiving Veil also heals for 60% of the first tick of Withering Vines so I'm willing to give 1% back to withering vines from Lifegiving veil. That brings Withering Vines up to a wopping 5% after a shifting back 1 percentage point of healing from Lifegiving Veil to Withering Vines.

Also, I was casting withering vine about every 12 seconds or so to keep it up for a good test. From what I've seen, it doesn't matter if they DOUBLE the damage and healing for withering vines. It won't be worth casting even then.

Withering Vines will still be a crap, useless spell.

It will still not be on my action bar.

The time it takes to cast will not offset any other healing you might have done instead....including Vile Spores.

Don't waste your time.

It may be worthwhile on PVE bosses if you are an off healer....but thats about it....and VS will still be better.
    Last edited by Vihar; 03-24-2011 at 11:59 AM.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

It may or may not, but unless someone's willing to log onto the test server and find out, the discussion is somewhat moot.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

+ Reply to Thread