+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So with the changes to Chloromancer. Are we really just supposed to level as necro?

Telaran

Default So with the changes to Chloromancer. Are we really just supposed to level as necro?

Title says it all i suppose. It really is a shame I was having a blast with sc/chlor/arch...

Do you guys still this this is viable? I really feel like -14% chance really is a large nerf. I know that it will be quite difficult to pull 3-4 mobs @ a time and hope the healing procs. Sigh Necro just gets soooo boring after 44 levels of it.

Almost never used it as it is, now there is absolutely no reason to talent for it or even have it on the bars

Warlock/Necro is much faster to level with anyways, so should have been doing that in the first place for optimal leveling speed, for enjoyment play what you like
    Nautix - 50 Mathosian Mage
    Amsira - 50 Mathosian Warrior
    Razvaltina - 42 Dwarf Rogue

The Guardians
    Online Gaming Community
    Sunrest RP-PvP

with its pre-nerf 30% chance, an AoE mage was basicly invulnerable as long as they were damaging the enemies...

1) stack 4-5 mobs up
    2) cast radient spores
    3) devouring shadows
    4)???
    5) god mode activated!

now we need to put at least a LITTLE though into AoEing to survive as opposed to NO though required

on the other hand, as a main healer in an instance, i wouldnt waste a GCD on it on a boss fight
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 03-24-2011 at 05:20 AM.

Telaran

Ya I did warlock Necro for level 1-43 Just recently I wanted to try something a little different... And to be honest it worked well. Sometimes you just want to see something different on your screen....

Plane Touched

are you serious about this? they reduce the amount of people healed by LGV to 5, and reduce the effectiveness of radiant spores by 50%, now all of a sudden the only viable leveling soul is necro?

rofl.

I leveled necro/lock.

So, yeah.

They reduce it to a normal value that doesnt trivialize healing jobs for clerics during raid bosses (making it way too easy) and everyone thinks the class is doomed.

dumb really.

Shadowlander

You are probably right that this will make Chloro less interesting as a solo spec. However, some other specs got some love, so they might be more worthwhile for leveling.

In particular, stormcaller looks interesting. With extra damage on cloudburst, and an extra ability that gives you a damage shield (and slows) and some minor tweaks, it might be a good alternative.
    Last edited by Peledornik; 03-24-2011 at 05:44 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mystryl View Post
    are you serious about this? they reduce the amount of people healed by LGV to 5, and reduce the effectiveness of radiant spores by 50%, now all of a sudden the only viable leveling soul is necro?

rofl.
    Have a better leveling soul that you can think of?

It's a common design theme. They want to reduce passive aoe healing. Passive aoe healing trivializes contents.

I approve this change. Right now, non-fatal aoe damage is too easy to heal through, which hampers raid content design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by bubulu View Post
    It's a common design theme. They want to reduce passive aoe healing. Passive aoe healing trivializes contents.

I approve this change. Right now, non-fatal aoe damage is too easy to heal through, which hampers raid content design.
    People don't seem to understand that a single token mage casting "one" gcd can easilly top the healing done for an encounter and padding off for clerics so much.

They think Trion is trying to stab at their 5 man group or something.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by FxyO View Post
    They reduce it to a normal value that doesnt trivialize healing jobs for clerics during raid bosses (making it way too easy) and everyone thinks the class is doomed.

dumb really.
    I have yet to play chloromancer so I can't really speak to whether this nerf was deserved or not. I think the reason most people are upset is that they just hotfixed nerfed a class that everyone, including Trion, agrees needs to be buffed somewhat. And they didn't hotfix nerf warrior dps which everyone, including Trion and many warriors, agrees needs to be nerfed. So Trion's priorities seem to be far afield from their mage playing customers.

Personally, I've been playing MMO's for a long long time and this is pretty much typical behavior. That is, the company's priorities are just not the same as the customer's. If you're really unhappy, reroll. I'm leveling a mage, cleric and warrior. If I really don't like one, I'll quit playing it.
    Last edited by Soulfury; 03-24-2011 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bubulu View Post
    It's not so much that chloros can counter "soft" AEs.
    It's that a single chloro (as a partially skilled soul at that) can do this negating thing for an entire raid.
    That's off the scale.
    Tired of wading through vast rivers of tears? Use this awesome forum feature!

Rift Chaser

I play SC / chloro / dom. Seriously, rs reliance is lazy healing. If someone wants to be a healer, don't pretend to be one by relying on a fire and forget heal.

Rs
    • doesnt aggro mobs letting you preload it
    • is instant cast
    • lasts longer than the cooldown, letting it be constantly up
    • is fully specced at 13 points, availible at zero points

And people are making it out to be the Go To Heal that defines the soul. There are far more valid concerns about LGV's implementation than this. I'd be seriously pissed if I was a tank and was relying on a chance heal from the guy that's supposed to be the healer to keep me alive. Same goes for party heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfury View Post
    I have yet to play chloromancer so I can't really speak to whether this nerf was deserved or not. I think the reason most people are upset is that they just hotfixed nerfed a class that everyone, including Trion, agrees needs to be buffed somewhat. And they didn't hotfix nerf warrior dps which everyone, including Trion and many warriors, agrees needs to be nerfed. So Trion's priorities seem to be far afield from their mage playing customers.

Personally, I've been playing MMO's for a long long time and this is pretty much typical behavior. That is, the company's priorities are just not the same as the customer's. If you're really unhappy, reroll. I'm leveling a mage, cleric and warrior. If I really don't like one, I'll quit playing it.
    Just think, I play a mage too btw. The ability scales far too well with a group setting. A simple one gcd that generates that much raid healing is absolutely absurd.

However i think a better approach may be to lower the healing received to 50% instead.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast