+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Devs: Radiant Spores Nerf Alternative

Telaran

Default Devs: Radiant Spores Nerf Alternative

Ok so radiant spores got walluped by the nerf bat hard as you all know. The % chance thing is really horrible on this. At 30% it was worth casting. 15% meh.... Seriously I would rather give up healing on the spell than the chance to proc. Say 80% damage done is returned as healing or heck I would even go 60% but the proc chance maxed at 16% is just too steep and a bit too random for my tastes. I hope the devs will reconsider the route they chose and they apparently have been listening to at least some of our ranting. So anyway, if you like the idea, lets shoot a flare they can see so they can consider it. Got another idea? Shoot.

Plane Touched

Here's an idea. How about we don't give a class that has infinite mana a spell that generates more healing in a single GCD than any of the heals the other healing classes can do in multiple GCD while spending a large amount of their non regenerative mana bar?

It's a convoluted way to say, the nerf is actually more like a fix. I mean sure, it's probably not worth casting when soloing anymore. So are a lot of spells to be honest. It was nerfed because how disgusting the amount of healing it generated in raids was. Both PvE and PvP. A single cast of spores(with 3/3Phyto obviously) could generate around 10-12k of health per second for 15seconds in raids, especially pve raids with lots of AEs(almost every fight in greenscale), for a single GCD. You can't honestly argue that this was balanced in any way. It'll still be worth the GCD, and much more, everytime in raid situations.

Telaran

I would rather them make it more consistant then more sporadic.

Something like 100% proc for a small heal over 4 seconds and points in phytogensis will let it stack up to 2/3/4 times and make it Area effect like current. This gives chloro a more reliable effects by removing the randomness in proc's and based on if the hit that did proc it was worth it at all and something to fill in gaps between long cast time and travel time heals. The thing with procs is they are not reliable i was doing testing on my stormcaller setup earlier today I went 9 straight lighting strikes without a crit for a spell that between specing stormcaller and elemental and a 15% crit rate should be procing about 45% of time just image casting this with a 16% percent change to proc and it going off on a small tick of vines or not even procing at all making the 1.5 second gcd and mana cost be a complete waste. In the duration of the buff your looking at 1 maybe 2 procs if your lucky because of the 1.5 sec gcd.

Rift Chaser

Not worth casting? Seriously?!?

Its a zero skill point, instant cast with zero downtime. The only reason not to cast it is laziness. People were treating RS like it was a direct AoE HoT. What's the biggest complaint?

The it won't proc often enough to keep either the mage or the tank alive. Seems pretty obvious to me that says people were relying on it far too much instead of... oh, I don't know... maybe HEALING? And Im levelling a SC/chloro/com right now. I've seen it proc like mad in pug rifts and keep me near topped off enough in solo that I haven't bothered to investbmore than 4 points in chloro yet.

Shadowlander

Radiant Spores nerf sucks, but it should not be combined with the huge nerf to our AoE healing.

In itself I dont mind us doing less group healing, but our healing MO has been tons of uncontrollable healing to the group, and lots of controllable healing to one person (whom we cant change on the fly).

If you want to change our group healing mechanics fine, at least remove the recast time on Synthesis, and/or give us another damage/heal spell that is useful to keep up the other targets in our group/raid.

Reuse time on synthesis is stupid...

Ascendant

damage of all chloro skills has been upped by 30%, I doubt that the reduced radiant spores will be a big issue.
    btw vines healing amount has been doubled, I still lol to that.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    damage of all chloro skills has been upped by 30%, I doubt that the reduced radiant spores will be a big issue.
    btw vines healing amount has been doubled, I still lol to that.
    Thats pretty awesome if true.

Soulwalker

Proc chanse on healing spells are generaly bad imho. Making the proc chanse as low as 16% makes it next to unusable. It lasts 16 seconds, and with GCD=1.5 sec you get about 10 chanses to proc a healing. So a bad streak means you don't proc it at all which in my book makes it useless.

Even on average you get 1.5 procs / cast, and as a healer I can heal for about the same amont of HP using Ruin which is also castable every 15 seconds, but much more reliable, and I can choose a time where healing is needed.

Oh well at least I will get 3 more soul points to spend on something else than phytogenesis, and it free up a hot bar spot.

I would also have preferred if the proc chanse had stayed but the amount healed had been reduced.

Champion

stop thinking of it in terms of using it on 1 target with only 1 person casting it.

in things like invasions i could use 1 GCD skill for next to no power, use stream of reclamation and literally heal a whole raid. you dont think thats over the top?

in a group of 5 mobs if you aoe them youll still be at about 100% heal chance per gcd

Telaran

yeah Ruzio, that's great if your figures are accurate. good news indeed.
    Pyros, I don't really have a problem with the" balancing" of spores so much as I do the way they chose to get there. 15% meh is a comment on the unreliability of the spell. As a cleric, I'm sure you understand the strain you feel as a healer sometimes. I've been healing for six years in a stretch and it's nice to have heals you can count on, so that was my concern there. At least at 30% I felt like spores had my back. Keep in mind unlike your heals, a chloro has to damage to heal and that means resists occasionally. Like I said, scale back the healing, keep the trigger % and its all good. Is it still worth casting, Kuroshio? Of course since its instant. I just don't like the way they did it and I was hoping we could come up with an idea that was equally as balanced, just more reliable.
    BTW, interesting idea Fluhi. Even that would be better than the randomness we are in store for currently.

Rift Disciple

This is an idea I've been repeating almost everywhere I've gone on the forums and in game feedback.

My preference is to make radiant spores heal 100% of the time, but reduce the amount it heals. This would make it very easy for the devs to control how much it heals. With the proc rate, the ability becomes far too random and luck based.

If the devs want for radiant spores to heal 16% of the damage done on a target with radiant spores (on average a target spamming the same ability will proc 16% of the time and heal for 100% of the damage thus they "heal" off of radiant spores for 16%) then just have it proc 100% of the time and heal for 16% of the damage done. If this ends up being too much then just reduce the amount to 12%, 10%, or what ever.

Just another side idea. If the intension is to reduce the healing from radiant spores to an impractical or negligible amount then why even have it in the game. I guess you could make it ignore the global cooldown.
    Last edited by jayfer; 03-24-2011 at 10:04 AM.

All mages are getting a damage buff. That'll make Chloro's that much better at healing. Might completely offset the nerfs.

Peeps should just wait and see how 1.1 plays out before making complaints.

All AOE heals getting nerfed to 5 targets down from 10

Says to me, we want 2 healers in a 10man + rather than one doing it all.

My question is, who gets healed?

5 members of your particular party group?

5 random members?

5 members with lowest current health?

Edit: Correction Bards Motif of Regeneration will hit 10 Players.
    Last edited by Demonne; 03-24-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Telaran

The change to Radiant Spores is unfortunate, but rather necessary.

There were many times when grouped that I didn't even have to cast anything except Radiant Spores if there was a support healer in the group such as a bard or justicar. It really was over the top in those scenarios.

With the increase in base mage damage and the increase in healing for withering vines (+increased dmg = +heal on first tick) it should offset any healing loss caused by radiant spores. However, the chloromancer will have to pay attention a little more and be more active. Instead of just casting it once and then just watching TV while the bard/cleric heals along with radiant kept the group alive.
    Last edited by Zarlaan; 03-24-2011 at 10:58 AM.

Telaran

Don't miss the point guys. The issue is the trigger % not a random complaint from the nerf. Keep the nerf, that's fine. I only want the trigger chance improved and would be fine with reduced heal amount per trigger. We are still out the 3 pts to improve it but for a 14% net reduction. I don't see anything wrong with proposing a trade that will achieve what the nerf intended but still deliver the pleasing aspect of actually having the spell go off in a supportive fashion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast