+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Small Changes"? What about 50% Radiant Spores nerf?

Champion of Telara

Default "Small Changes"? What about 50% Radiant Spores nerf?

The nerf is a 50% reduction in its proc rate. For solo Mages, that is a big loss in survivability. For group healers, it may no longer be worth casting.

You talk about smalll incremental changes, then reduce a spell by 50% ? If you think it is overpowered, reduce it by 20% and see what happens. Don't emasculate the spell in the dirst pass.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

where is this change posted? didn't see it in patch notes......

Champion of Telara

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...381&viewfull=1

"Radiant Spores: Now has a base chance to proc of 10%." (presently 15%)

"Phytogenesis: Now increases the chance for Radiant Spores to proc by 2-6%." (presently 5-15%)

So, fully specced, spores procs 30% of the time right now. After the patch, fully specced, it will proc 16% of the time.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 03-24-2011 at 03:31 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Rift Disciple

Sad but not critical, because we also get an overall damage buff. Now the question is: how much is that damage buff exactly?

Rank 5

Telaran

I'm more concerned with the 5 target cap and the effect it has on raiding as well as what happens in a 5man when people have pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Nishu View Post
    I'm more concerned with the 5 target cap and the effect it has on raiding as well as what happens in a 5man when people have pets.
    oooooh good call

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...381&viewfull=1

"Radiant Spores: Now has a base chance to proc of 10%." (presently 15%)

"Phytogenesis: Now increases the chance for Radiant Spores to proc by 2-6%." (presently 5-15%)

So, fully specced, spores procs 30% of the time right now. After the patch, fully specced, it will proc 16% of the time.
    yeah that kind of screws my necro/chloro anti-elite build.....but not a game changer

Soulwalker

What I'm most irritated is that this nerf doesn't earn a free respec given it directly effects the talent build of the soul.

My hope is simply that this one stays on the alpha server and never makes it into the game.
    How they can even consider cutting down the basic healing mechanic for chloromancer is beyond me. How did they come up with that in the first place. Bumping up overall damage is great of course, but they should give life based dmg an extra bump since we can't actually use any other skills to effectively get our peeps healed.

And I didn't even consider other players' pets. Damnit! Just how ridiculous would that be if you heal in a warfront for 100k and 80k went into healing of skelettons and boars, but your people drop like flies :/

+ Reply to Thread