+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some T1/T2 builds and questions

Soulwalker

Default Some T1/T2 builds and questions

Hello @ all,

i need your feedback guys and experience about T1 & T2 instances for my souls =)

I have created 3 rollís only for T1 & T2, which I think they would fit good in my playstyle.

1. Chloro 26 / Archont 32 / Warlock 8
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0oz.xdIuoAcz0o
    I prefer Archont over Warlock, because i like to support and donít wanna be a main healer. IíM A MAGE! ;-)
    Where Iím not sure about it, is if I should take the points from Warlock and put them in Archont for a 32+ build?

2. Necro 32 / Warlock 34 / Dom 0
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...zkhs.ecMhkVVxz
    Thereís not much to say about it. I like the playstyle of this combo and it makes a lot of fun. For Opportunity I see no reason for 1 or 2 cast spells.

3. Pyro 32 / Ele 34 / Dom 0
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...cuxo.Vthz0xoAx
    Here Iím not sure, because there are maybe better buildís for getting more burst damage. Maybe 51 Pyro for Fulminate, 5 in Ele for 5% Crit and 10 in Warlock for Opportunity?
    Had someone tested it with ACT and got numbers what hits for more dps?

Sorry for bad english, but thatís not my national language?

well, idk what to tell you except that as a mage in a T1/T2 instance is expected to be able to go chloro and main heal the tank in several cases

1) your cleric is cc'd/mezz'd by the boss

2) group is taking tons of AoE damage, and the cleric has to focus on the group

3) your cleric is too busy cleansing the group/tank or debuffing the boss to heal

that being said, usually mages go dps on trash

couple groups i ran with me and another mage, the other mage couldnt go chloro when we needed him to... guess who got invited back next time? its elitest but the truth

edit: also with the new balance changes, there is no telling what it gonna be good dps after this patch
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 03-24-2011 at 04:39 AM.

Soulwalker

So wrong guild maybe, that doens't let you play what you want? No idea but that mage forum ist so negativ, no idea why... I like my mage and i like his dps. Maybe we not the dps leaders but its enough what i can tell from T1 Instances i'm always second in damage and i enjoy the class, thats most important for me =)

Soulwalker

So nobody got some tips for me? How about the Chloro/Archont tree?
    I'm really not sure if it would be better to get the 5% dmg @ Chloro
    or maybe getting the 25% crit chance after dmg for Blooming and
    the aoe one?

+ Reply to Thread