+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mage changes (+)

Shadowlander

Default Mage changes (+)

Increased the amount of Armor on Cloth items.

Mages: Increased the base damage on all damaging Mage abilities.

Burning Shield - New Ability: Consumes the mage's Ground spell to shield them in flames, absorbing damage. Lasts up to 30 seconds. While Burning Shield is active, the next Ground spell is instant-cast. Obtained at 6 points.

I wonder what the values are for dmg increase and armor and that skill.
    But this may cause a lot WTF on pvp, I was kind of waiting nerf on mages, not boost.

I know most ppl think mages are underpowered, but we are overpowered, find ur builds, don't pve in pvp.

Going on at rank 4 and i hardly can remember when was last time i wasnt top 1 on dmg and dmg taken, with 1-2 deaths max.

Rune shield was -25% dmg, with talent -50% plus pyro ground -30%
    it was way op, hope they decrease the absorbed dmg, and won't make that new skill to absorb more than 20% of incomming dmg.

I know you will flame here mage is underpowered, but go check you skills and builds, the class is imba.

Shadowlander

people want more than a extremely limited amount of viable builds, hence the need for change.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Increased the amount of Armor on Cloth items.

Mages: Increased the base damage on all damaging Mage abilities.

Burning Shield - New Ability: Consumes the mage's Ground spell to shield them in flames, absorbing damage. Lasts up to 30 seconds. While Burning Shield is active, the next Ground spell is instant-cast. Obtained at 6 points.

I wonder what the values are for dmg increase and armor and that skill.
    But this may cause a lot WTF on pvp, I was kind of waiting nerf on mages, not boost.

I know most ppl think mages are underpowered, but we are overpowered, find ur builds, don't pve in pvp.

Going on at rank 4 and i hardly can remember when was last time i wasnt top 1 on dmg and dmg taken, with 1-2 deaths max.

Rune shield was -25% dmg, with talent -50% plus pyro ground -30%
    it was way op, hope they decrease the absorbed dmg, and won't make that new skill to absorb more than 20% of incomming dmg.

I know you will flame here mage is underpowered, but go check you skills and builds, the class is imba.
    Only the Pyro was effective for PVP.

All the other mage specs are so-so, at best.

And mages are supposed to be top DPS.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Yeah but the thing is, even with all this reduced damage **** other callings could easy beat our damage out-put. Pyro was the only soul which worked pretty well for pvp but the thing is, you either have to pray that people don't target you first cos our only "Burst" damage is from 2 things : Lucky Procs and Getting 100 charge to pop Fulminate.

lololololol pyromancer is even more op now.. shouldn't they nerf him?!?! uhauah
    Fremen
    dumbtard pyro bishotting you

Quote Originally Posted by Onideath View Post
    Yeah but the thing is, even with all this reduced damage **** other callings could easy beat our damage out-put. Pyro was the only soul which worked pretty well for pvp but the thing is, you either have to pray that people don't target you first cos our only "Burst" damage is from 2 things : Lucky Procs and Getting 100 charge to pop Fulminate.
    Heat Wave = ridiculous "burst" damage =P
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post

Technically mages are supposed to be support, not top DPS. Which they currently do extremely well in as it is.
    Nautix - 50 Mathosian Mage
    Amsira - 50 Mathosian Warrior
    Razvaltina - 42 Dwarf Rogue

The Guardians
    Online Gaming Community
    Sunrest RP-PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Smashingzwan View Post
    Heat Wave = ridiculous "burst" damage =P
    This is right... Could easily drop 2-3 people with Heat Wave + Fireball + Cinder Burst procs + Fulminate & ignite by the time Heat Wave worse off.

The Guardians
    Online Gaming Community
    Sunrest RP-PvP

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zike View Post
    Technically mages are supposed to be support, not top DPS. Which they currently do extremely well in as it is.
    Mages are the ones that can summon fireballs, vreate a storm of fire, summon ice spears from above and summon undead. Support? Healer? Yes they can be that but what mages excel in and SHOULD excel in has always been damage.Mages are a force of destruction. Leave the healing to the clerics. Support? Just cast curses.

Soulwalker

heh, pyromages are OP only in case that he stay out of battle and nobody focus on them.
    intel X58-UD3R intel i7-920@4,1GHz nvidia Asus GTX 470 kingstone 6GB DDR3 kingstone 64GB SSD Western Digital 320GB storage Seasonic 750W Antec Three hundred 22" LG WTTQ Windows 7 64bit Seat ibiza GTi 2.0 LG Optimus one OC@732MHz-Megatron V1

Quote Originally Posted by Zike View Post
    Technically mages are supposed to be support, not top DPS.
    That is now worth discussing as Archon and Chloro have been nerfed.
    And how much will a slight increase in cloth utility boost our situation when almost our souls are now almost useless ?

Well, Pyro was the one a bit OP and now is even more OP... that says a lot...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post

Completely disagree, try stormcaller in blackgarden for example.

Why would mages be designed to be THE TOP DPS, which it is, on single target warrior and sabo might get a bit more dps, but mage is still on the top there with sabo and warrior builds too.

Quote Originally Posted by Onideath View Post
    I don't even use fulminate in pvp, didn't after i got rank 2 and was able to get rune shield, which does the thing that you can take A lot dmg.

If you want numbers in average black garden match i have 150k dmg done and 100k taken, premade vs premade

I'm afraid that after implementing this patch pyromancers will be too OP. Their damage must be increased but they must be squishy. Or they can be tough and immobile in GoS, but this patch can make em too OP (they are a bit OP even now).

I hope that if it will be so, developers will not throw mages back to floor but give GoS 30-50% damage decrease to mage. More toughtness (almost invulnerable) but no damage.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Completely disagree, try stormcaller in blackgarden for example.
    +1 SC is good here ^^
    Last edited by Hobboth; 03-24-2011 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMegaCookie View Post
    Mages are the ones that can summon fireballs, vreate a storm of fire, summon ice spears from above and summon undead. Support? Healer? Yes they can be that but what mages excel in and SHOULD excel in has always been damage.Mages are a force of destruction. Leave the healing to the clerics. Support? Just cast curses.
    Learn to adapt, mage does not mean supreme reign in dps, it means that it is a magic wielder. It could be a battle mage (mele even) or a caster (ranged) it could be a healer (chloro) or a dps (pyro) it could be utility magic (dominator).

However from what I see no comments anywhere from trion that mages are considered DPS only or top DPS. Trion has built each mage role to be a DPS support and yes they do well at it.

The Guardians
    Online Gaming Community
    Sunrest RP-PvP

Rift Disciple

Every mmo i have played the mage has been designed to be a glass cannon. If a melee class get's in range of you, you might as well bend over.

Most of the QQ comes from lucky cinderblast/fluminate crits.

Sabs can easily put out that kind of damage every 5 seconds guaranteed.

I can cast 10+ fireballs and not see a pyro armor proc.
    Last edited by lite; 03-24-2011 at 06:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast