+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best PvP Change

Soulwalker

Default Best PvP Change

* PvP combat: Abilities now only check for caster facing their target at the start of a cast - they will still land if a target moves behind you while the casting is in progress.

Good for all roles who cast. Marksmen will be goofy with it though.

Rift Disciple

I never had a problem with this before, to be honest. The spell never got to the point where it would be interrupted since I was already dead.
    Haaaaaa.

No but seriously. Freaking Titan Strike / Flurry / Whatever.

Rift Disciple

as a mage i think it's a totally pointless change. no idea what drugs they are into at trion tbh.

this change doesn't address ANY real problem whatsoever.
    Last edited by Necrax; 03-24-2011 at 02:54 AM.

Problem, invented by forum whiners with crab hands (V)_i,,i_(V)
    Developers will give us damage and armor in that patch. What else do we need?
    Fix is useful but it will be too easy to play. Too much buffs i think.

true i haven't found it to be too much of a problem, but a couple of times in warfronts there was a rogue fighting me that wasn't jumping around like a chicken with his head cut off (surprise!)

what he did do though was definatly wrong... he was watching my cast bar and right before it finnished he would run through me and the cast would fail. no amount or speed of turning could stop him

The change is warranted in a game without collision detection. Being able to dance inside of a mage as a melee toon to break LOS is just ******ed.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

The only people I'd ever see having an issue with this would be Keyboard turners. I know with my chloro and my ungodly 3 second cast times in PVP(Whenever someone would be completely derp and leave me unstunned, unsilenced, unmes'd, etc), I could still face even the most inane "Inside you" dancing warriors and rogues, and still get my cast off.

Seems like a change mainly to placate the people who don't have the foggiest clue about how to use the mouse to turn.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    true i haven't found it to be too much of a problem, but a couple of times in warfronts there was a rogue fighting me that wasn't jumping around like a chicken with his head cut off (surprise!)

what he did do though was definatly wrong... he was watching my cast bar and right before it finnished he would run through me and the cast would fail. no amount or speed of turning could stop him
    Yeah, and this change is really nice. Whoever hasn't faced good melee who knows WHEN to go through, can't say that just mouse turn and problem solved.
    Last edited by noche; 03-24-2011 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by noche View Post
    Yeah, and this change is really nice. Whoever hasn't faced good melee who knows WHEN to go through, can't say that just mouse turn and problem solved.
    Exactly. As if stunlocking wasn't bad enough to deal with, a well played melee breaking los (even if only occasionally if you've fast enough reaction times) is just tiresome and lame.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

+ Reply to Thread