+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dominator discussion

Aeo
    Soulwalker

Default Dominator discussion

I love play as dominator in PVP (warfront). but I still have some doubt of how several ability works...
    first I think we need a FAQ about some effect, like
    1. Does silence only work for cleric and mage ? how about speechless, dose it mean warrior and rogue can't use ability, too?
    2. How does "confuse" status work?
    3. What kind of ability is in the category of coward control ability therefore benefit from "efficient control"?
    4. Reflective presence currently can cast on the enemy...therefore most of time we use this great ability to protect our enemy and their bros..... it is annoying... make a macro to let the button will cast myself might be helpful, any idea?
    5. Chastise have a stack whenever target perform an action, is this action including moving or normal attack?

I like the feeling when u can handle several enemy while in group PVP, welcome for more discussion of this fun soul ^^
    Last edited by Aeo; 03-23-2011 at 09:14 PM.

Aeo
    Soulwalker

Default Dominator Macro

As a Dominator/Warlock/pyromancer, I set Macro like this

cast @mouseover Accelerated Decay
    cast @mouseover Void Shroud
    cast @mouseover Dark Touch

this is for quick tapping to the enemy u saw and gain charges

mark 1 @mouseover
    #show Transmogrify
    cast @mark 1 Transmogrify
    cast @mouseover Transmogrify
    cast Transmogrify
    if in a raid group, and u r a leader or a raid assist, this macro can mark the enemy u wanna Transmogrify .

I choose Warlock as second soul for recontruct ,Draining bolt for survivability, and sacrifice life:mana for mana usage other than mana wrech. pyromancer currently with 0 point (lvl 35), just for instant nuke and fireball benefit from swift control and controlled opportunity. any comment or suggesion?
    Last edited by Aeo; 03-23-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Aeo
    Soulwalker

Default Reflective presence macro

I found a macro works for Reflective Presence
    #show Reflective Presence
    Target ####
    cast Reflective Presence
    Target @lasttarget

where #### is ur own name

Where can I find more 'help' on macros? What each command does.. what it's limitations are... etc..

Thanks

Aeo
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dictate View Post
    Where can I find more 'help' on macros? What each command does.. what it's limitations are... etc..

Thanks
    Actually, there is no help of Macro,till now, I can't find most information from this post

#show : let the icon looks the same as the ability
    Target : help u change target, I found that @lasttarget works here, to change back to ur last target

Indeed, I really hope there is a official Macro manual there XD

Champion

1. I'd have to assume yes, but... not sure really.
    Priests Lamant, says it will silence when the person 'casts' a benificial spell. so, in that, it could mean only spells not 'abilities'... You could try to find someone with the bard soul, to 'test' both priests lamant, and arresting prescence on them to see if silence actualy works. It be GREAT if it did, but theres the possiblity it doesnt... Afterall, they don't use there mouth to swing there axe. ;)

2. Confuse is like Transmorgify, with no points in it. Cast time, and breaks on ANY damage. I find this to be the ****tiest of all our CC's,, short duration, you can barely tell it works (take off charged shield, helps make it actualy work) Lasts 8 seconds, or until charge is gone, re-applies after damage. (Need someone to test if the 5 point OW points, that buff dmg on cast of OW buffs damage each time you 're-apply' OW by being in range..

3. All of them, I believe. Trans, OW, The AoE version of OW. The only one that I'm not sure about is the 'stun' but I don't think anyone goes that deep into DOM.

4. Yea, this is something that makes no god damned sense to me. Bloom on chloro, Auto-casts on yourself if you target an enemey, wtf doesn't our spell reflects? (both single target and Raid wide)
    Guess the macros the only thing to get around it.

5. I'd assume this works the same was as accelerated Decay. I don't know if it procs on just 'actions' or if moving does to., we (or I, as i'll try to test these out later with some help) will have to test it out with accerlerated decay, or chastice if high enough to actually see about this....

I'm realy hoping, DOM doesn't become merely a 'pvp' class, Otherwise the fact that we can actually 'squirrrelize' a mob into infinity seems to trivilze with only being able to do so 'once' (within a certain time frame) in pvp. Haven't raid encounters that actually require someone who just doesn't have a 1.5-2s cast Transmorgify, but AoE Confuse to, would make the class more than just a 'pvp spec worth only a handful of points)

+ Reply to Thread