+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66

Thread: Mages will be the next FOTM

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    194

    Default Mages will be the next FOTM

    - Cloth armor increased
    - Casting changed to easy mode (hey look I can land a fireball on the guy that just walked through me)
    - Pushback on damage spells reduced

    They are already a dominant class at 50, now they will just stomp everyone.

    Mages + Warriors ftw

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yyiri View Post
    - Cloth armor increased
    - Casting changed to easy mode (hey look I can land a fireball on the guy that just walked through me)
    - Pushback on damage spells reduced

    They are already a dominant class at 50, now they will just stomp everyone.

    Mages + Warriors ftw
    I do not even see mages in Warfronts and I MELT faces on my warrior. I understand why people hated playing that class. I think maybe Pyro was ok, but the rest were .....

  3. #3
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yyiri View Post
    - Cloth armor increased
    - Casting changed to easy mode (hey look I can land a fireball on the guy that just walked through me)
    - Pushback on damage spells reduced

    They are already a dominant class at 50, now they will just stomp everyone.

    Mages + Warriors ftw
    lol, mages are dominant? that its not the general consensus of what I have read.

    and the casting thing: mages have to stand still while everyone else can run around like a chicken with its head cut off. i would hardly call that easy mode.

    I think you are being a little over dramatic. try the changes before complaining about them.
    typed on my Archos 70 Internet Tablet

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    194

    Default

    I don't know what your PvP experience includes but Warlocks and Pyros are tearing it up on my Battlegroup on a daily basis.

  5. #5
    Ascendant GoldenTiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    *shrug*
    Posts
    3,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yyiri View Post
    I don't know what your PvP experience includes but Warlocks and Pyros are tearing it up on my Battlegroup on a daily basis.
    Are you talking level 50 gameplay? I'm a Mage and at 50 in t2 gear simply am outclassed by everyone else in dps even with equal gear-levels.
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
    Are you talking level 50 gameplay? I'm a Mage and at 50 in t2 gear simply am outclassed by everyone else in dps even with equal gear-levels.
    PvP isn't entirely about DPS - watch this and learn a thing or two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFbrFpuGdcE&hd=1

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    348

    Default

    I was hoping for Pistachio.

    Ah well, it'll take a bit for everything to even out. Warriors were so over-the-top that I certainly didn't expect them to fix everything in one go.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yyiri View Post
    - Cloth armor increased
    - Casting changed to easy mode (hey look I can land a fireball on the guy that just walked through me)
    - Pushback on damage spells reduced

    They are already a dominant class at 50, now they will just stomp everyone.

    Mages + Warriors ftw
    Mages are so underpowered in PVP it isn't even funny. They are also underpowered in PVE compared to everyone else.

  9. #9
    Plane Walker Snoozey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yyiri View Post
    PvP isn't entirely about DPS - watch this and learn a thing or two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFbrFpuGdcE&hd=1
    You are an idiot. That is a rank 6 player. He is using one of the two PvP builds they have. Also the players he killed were undergeared. He is still a skilled player though, and he even says mages have problems.

  10. #10
    Ascendant GoldenTiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    *shrug*
    Posts
    3,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yyiri View Post
    PvP isn't entirely about DPS - watch this and learn a thing or two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFbrFpuGdcE&hd=1
    We are VERY squishy in PVP, with sub-par DPS and decent utility: I don't need your edited, cut-together, stitched-up "WOW LOOK AT MEEEEEE!" video to know what I have experienced and others have from talking with them in-game.

    Bottom line is, on Live, Mages are sub-par in everything, be it PVE or PVP, due to the DPS not being enough to sustain their other niceties. The souls only need minor tweaks other than the damage boost on the test Alpha shard, if any.
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

  11. #11
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas!
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Until I added the chloromancer soul to my combo I was really squishy. Chloro nerfs + mage buffs will hopefully balance it a bit. But that could take a while to tweak right. you shouldn't have to depend on a few souls for survivability.

  12. #12
    Rift Master Melonbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
    We are VERY squishy in PVP, with sub-par DPS and decent utility: I don't need your edited, cut-together, stitched-up "WOW LOOK AT MEEEEEE!" video to know what I have experienced and others have from talking with them in-game.

    Bottom line is, on Live, Mages are sub-par in everything, be it PVE or PVP, due to the DPS not being enough to sustain their other niceties. The souls only need minor tweaks other than the damage boost on the test Alpha shard, if any.
    I've always played mages, and as a tradeoff for being weaker, and the possibility of getting two shotted at any time, is that we usually have a couple of spells that make people go, "WTF just happened there!?!?" but we don't have any of that here.
    Crosshair iv formula, AMD 1090t X6, H70 liquid cooling, XFX HD5970 Black, 4gb gskill flare, 60gb SSD, 1TB WD black, all wrapped in an AMD dragon sniper black case.......topped off with 3-22" LED's in Eyefinity.

  13. #13
    Shadowlander Sangsom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Hope so.

    /10
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

  14. #14
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    the armor boost was necessary (I have more armor on my lvl 17 warrior than my lvl 50 half-epics mage).

    the pushback thing was also necessary, anything non-instant is currently a waste of time when you're taking any damage.

    The direction-facing casting thing... don't get me wrong, as a mage I won't complain, but that takes a lot of the skill out of magery in pvp.

  15. #15
    General of Telara Sarathor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Imagination Land
    Posts
    948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    the armor boost was necessary (I have more armor on my lvl 17 warrior than my lvl 50 half-epics mage).

    the pushback thing was also necessary, anything non-instant is currently a waste of time when you're taking any damage.

    The direction-facing casting thing... don't get me wrong, as a mage I won't complain, but that takes a lot of the skill out of magery in pvp.
    I agree, but with the lack of gap increasing abilities in some soul trees make it hard to actually get distance to cast some spells without getting dizzy trying to keep up with everyone running through you.

    Another thing I don't understand is why Pyro has flicker, but they're pretty much always just going to stand and cast, even if melee is on them. Not saying it's the thing to do, but I'd much rather see a flicker like ability in the Archmage tree instead of a soul that would rarely use it.

    Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts