+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha Notes Posted - good mage changes

Default Alpha Notes Posted - good mage changes

http://pastebin.com/wr5HfYyB

* Mages: Reduced pushback on all non-healing Mage spells.
    * Mages: Increased the base damage on all damaging Mage abilities.

There are soul changes too..
    This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the Blizzard pill - the story ends, you wake up in WoW and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the Trion pill - you stay in RIFT and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

History of RMT Sites

Plane Touched

Quite possibly one of the bigger changes and will no doubt be skipped over-

PvP combat: Abilities now only check for caster facing their target at the start of a cast - they will still land if a target moves behind you while the casting is in progress.

Shadowlander

I do appreciate some of the soul changes that I play pyro/lock/necro I'm with most of the forums and currently raging over the cholro changes that took place. I used to actually like main healing in 5 mans and showing people that I could heal but I guess that isn't gonna happen anymore or is going to be getting much much harder with the nerfs to lifegiving veil, and spores, but thank you so much for buffing WV cause everyone was raging over that on the forums...on a positive non-sarcastic note maybe it will make it more worth the cast time but I still think it should be instance with no gcd but just imo.

Wonderful, all I need is more DPS to pull aggro off my pet even faster

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by BigD225 View Post
    I do appreciate some of the soul changes that I play pyro/lock/necro I'm with most of the forums and currently raging over the cholro changes that took place. I used to actually like main healing in 5 mans and showing people that I could heal but I guess that isn't gonna happen anymore or is going to be getting much much harder with the nerfs to lifegiving veil, and spores, but thank you so much for buffing WV cause everyone was raging over that on the forums...on a positive non-sarcastic note maybe it will make it more worth the cast time but I still think it should be instance with no gcd but just imo.
    LGV isn't gettin nerfed for 5 mans...plus, base dmg increase should improve LGV, at least for the 5 ppl who get healed(probably going to have to tell ppl no pets)...the facing thing is awesome on spell casts...pyro's get some loving...sab's finally get the beating they deserve...

Rift Master

Agree with Jonymac... the below is one of the biggest things yet.

* PvP combat: Abilities now only check for caster facing their target at the start of a cast - they will still land if a target moves behind you while the casting is in progress.

I have wanted something like that for a long time. On my warrior i could cancel the cast of a mage easily and all day. That was not right. This is good.

Mages: Increased the base damage on all damaging Mage abilities.

Wohoo!!! About Time! Better late than never!

Telaran

I find the change to break free interesting. Having that up more often should help mitigate stunlocks a bit

Rift Chaser

Bit much to include in hotfixes, no?

Bad part is after they do all that, balance is going to be completely fuggered and people will have to relearn rotations / mana utilization / pvp. And the whining will go through the roof for callings receiving big nerfs

* Titan's Strike: Damage has been lowered and the stun has been reduced to 1-3 seconds, down from 1-5 seconds.
    * Reduced the range of all Bombs and Charges to 15 meters, down from 20 meters.
    * Reduced the range of Detonate to 15 meters, down from 20 meters.
    * Long Range Bombing: Now increases the range you can hurl Bombs by 1-5 meters, down from 2-10 meters.
    * Remote Clipping: Now increases the range of your Charges and Detonates by 1-5 meters, down from 2-10 meters.
    * The outcome and damage of each charge is now calculated individually. When you detonate 5 Blast Charges, you will see 5 damage numbers, each with its own chance to critically hit, rather than one large number.
    * Improved Blast Charge: Fixed a bug where the armor penetration provided was higher than 25-50%.
    ...If these notes are for real

Quote Originally Posted by Drabin View Post
    * Mages: Increased the base damage on all damaging Mage abilities.

There are soul changes too..
    Also cloth items will have more armor.

And please don't get overexcited with the increase of base damage.
    Mage damaging abilities consist of 4 parts (miss chance, crit chance, base damage and derived spell power bonus). The more you gear up, the bigger portion is eaten by spell power coefficient and the smaller potion is base damage.
    Basically extra base damage will be more noticeable while leveling and a lot less at level 50.
    Which is worse? Ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?

Telaran

One thing I don't get is the apparent buffs to pyromancer. Really? Pyro, buffed? And elementalist left almost alone? Am I reading this stuff wrong (very possible)?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Fail View Post
    One thing I don't get is the apparent buffs to pyromancer. Really? Pyro, buffed? And elementalist left almost alone? Am I reading this stuff wrong (very possible)?
    Unfortunately, you aren't reading this wrong.

Pyro needed a nerf in PvP if anything. Stunlock via AoE/DoT stacking is dumb. The damage, dare I say, was alright. PvE buff would be fine to put it on par with other callings.

Honestly, I'm busy enjoying salty Warrior and Saboteur tears before I actually get serious. All that's left to nerf is mana drains and we can take it from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    This thread screams, " I'm glad healing is getting nerfed..now please dont quit healing us."

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroshio View Post
    Bit much to include in hotfixes, no?

Bad part is after they do all that, balance is going to be completely fuggered and people will have to relearn rotations / mana utilization / pvp. And the whining will go through the roof for callings receiving big nerfs

...If these notes are for real
    Time to reroll Champ is all.

Telaran

Thats very good to see for mages. Lets feast on the champ reaver sabo river of tears hehe

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dada7 View Post
    Time to reroll Champ is all.
    Reroll to Champ or from Champ? If those notes are for real and IF those changes hit live, some will be significant game changers. Both for mages and how other callings interact with mages. Offering free respecs for some of the callings make it bloody obvious Trion knows people will be dropping some skills like they've got the plague.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast