+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BP fixed on Alpha Shard.

Rift Master

Default BP fixed on Alpha Shard.

'Reduces the Mage's melee and casting speed by 10%, and increases the melee and casting speed of group and raid members within 20 meters by 10%. Deals 51 to 55 Fire damage to the enemy when the Mage casts a debuff on them. Lasts 5 minutes. Damage is not triggered by Polymorph, Confuse, Root or Fear abilities. Damage cannot occur more than once every 1.5 seconds.'

I lol'd.

On the bright side, Mage damage may have been increase very slightly.

All I can say is that, if Warrior Talents have been fixed and the Alpha is not currently having implemented the balance patch and we're set for more buffs, we're headed towards a nerf in the future.
    Last edited by Arianna; 03-23-2011 at 06:02 PM.

Telaran

Breastplate? Breastpump? British petroleum? Ah never mind

so BP is still the same, except it does not trigger on CC anymore (which is good when it doesnt)?

GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, DH 4/4, GP 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11, 5/8 ID (HM, no-reflect Rusila). Recruitment is open. We are especially interested in a highly skilled mage!
    http://shoreline-guild.com

nvm didnt read correctly, its also changed how often it can occur

GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, DH 4/4, GP 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11, 5/8 ID (HM, no-reflect Rusila). Recruitment is open. We are especially interested in a highly skilled mage!
    http://shoreline-guild.com

Now what if I have Burning Purpose up, cast Pillaging Stone directly followed with Lingering Dust? Technically both spells should proc BP, but they are casted within 1.5 sec. If this scenario causes BP to deal damage only once, it's HUGE oversight. And it isn't just for Lingering Dust. This applies to any Pillaging Stone + instant debuff.
    Which is worse? Ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by mage souls View Post
    Now what if I have Burning Purpose up, cast Pillaging Stone directly followed with Lingering Dust? Technically both spells should proc BP, but they are casted within 1.5 sec. If this scenario causes BP to deal damage only once, it's HUGE oversight. And it isn't just for Lingering Dust. This applies to any Pillaging Stone + instant debuff.
    Uh.

Since you are debuffing twice within a 1.5s window, it is only going to proc once, which seems to be working intended? Unless I'm missing something here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    This thread screams, " I'm glad healing is getting nerfed..now please dont quit healing us."

Quote Originally Posted by Furienify View Post
    Uh.

Since you are debuffing twice within a 1.5s window, it is only going to proc once, which seems to be working intended? Unless I'm missing something here.
    What I was trying to point out is that now on live shards you get 2 procs of Burning Purpose. With the change from Alpha, it will deal damage only once. So even if you play Archon as intented on Alpha you suffer collateral damage from the change.

I'm just trying to politely say that this is also a nerf to Archons. Not huge one, but certainly unnecessary.

In other words:
    The BP change has been made to prevent Archons abuse Plague Bolt and Grave Rot. I'm perfectly fine with that. But the solution should be that good to have no drawbacks or collateral damages. This one punishes Archons even if they play as they are supposed to.
    Last edited by mage souls; 03-23-2011 at 07:14 PM.
    Which is worse? Ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?

Shield of Telara

* Burning Purpose: The damage proc can now only occur a maximum of once every 1.5 seconds. Fixed an issue so that the damage proc is only affected by buffs active on the caster at the time it is triggered. Updated description on this ability to reflect current functionality.
    Buff stacking has been fixed as well, so yeah Archon just got gutted DPS wise. My Grave Rot is crying a river of tears right now.

Needed but still sad, very very sad.
    Last edited by sakkath; 03-23-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Yeah, I got salty nothin' going on.

It was a support soul, BP still fulfills its role without being broken. I doubt it was meant to be a 5-man DPS king.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    This thread screams, " I'm glad healing is getting nerfed..now please dont quit healing us."

Shield of Telara

It wasn't the 5man DPS king, warriors (beastmasters in particular) were and probably still are after this patch.

It was definitely overpowered compared to other mage souls dps wise though.

+ Reply to Thread