+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Archon is fun

Rift Chaser

Default Archon is fun

I thought Archon would be boring, but it is actually fun giving my friends some nice buffs. I never run OOM and I do decent damage. Not to mention our 4 minute buffs look awesome.

What do you all think about the Archon?

Rift Disciple

Archon is actually alot of fun, and at 50 (with Burning Purpose) does decent dps, in addition to bringing amazing group buffs. Every raid wants one, since they boost the raid's dps so much. I also love casting Tempered Armor every time, looks soooo cool.

Rift Chaser

I didn't get to cast that buff yet. Only because I have yet to get a group with Archon, just got the Soul tonight and did not have time to play in groups or raids yet. Only down side about the Archon is you have so many buttons to push. Not to mention you need to move the buff bar to a easier place to watch it. I moved it over my cast bar. =D

Rift Disciple

Ya managing the buffs does get a bit ridiculous in groups when you have to watch your own buff timers, while trying to find all your buffs in the sea of other buffs from other group members. Would be nice if there were some way to monitor just your own buffs.

Rift Disciple

Archon is pretty fun, but my main problem is how short all the buffs are. I find myself rebuffing (and potentially messing up a "prebuff" burning purpose?) too frequently. I have it all down to 4 buttons for auras, 3 for self buffs, a mouse button for that cast time sap thing and a keyboard macro to handle every other spell / toggling power drain.... plus all the situational spells. It is still quite a handful with the macro...
    Last edited by Rikkard; 03-23-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Rift Chaser

What I did thank to the help of a guild mate, was make a macro for my spells that you cast on the NPC.. Not the two instant ones ( Forgive me, I don't know the names ) and I spam that button over and over until I need to rebuff my buffs. I then use my mouse for the spells that use charge.

It really cut down on the amount of buttons I had to use.

+ Reply to Thread