+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The difference between the bard and CM nerf

Telaran

Default The difference between the bard and CM nerf

Here is the main difference I have a problem with, that the devs need to see. It appears what they were looking to stop here was splashing into a healing soul and becoming awesome at healing. I saw tons of rogues in WFs that werent bards but in downtime of fights stacked on the motifs. Or bards that would CC people and let regen tick on them then finish there kill.

Same with mage, spend 10-16 points in CM for tons of self healing while you durka people down and never die.

But with bard, if you stick with bard, you get the same old regen, but cant have another classes 44 root. With CM not only are people who splash into it getting nerfed, people who go full tilt CM get nerfed as well.

Trion needs to keep the change inline, and make it so that somewhere above 21 talent points you can get radiant spore proc rate back up to what it was, and make it so people who only dabble in CM have a low proc rate.

Rift Disciple

The other major issue is that Bards were/are supposed to be "support" souls, not "healing" souls. They bring tons of awesome buffs, like archons, but in addition, also bring ridiculous aoe healing that isnt even capped on targets right now, and simply heals the entire raid.

Chloromancers, on the other hand, are specifically a healing soul, and were hardcapped on targets. But in addition, we are also getting radiant spores nerfed, which nerfs our single target healing in addition to aoe healing, which isnt the case for the other classes, who are simply getting their aoe nerfed.

Telaran

Yeah, Cadence X2 /Coda of Resto are the bards bread and butter, motif of regen is a nice added touch.

What your saying is, they messed with CM bread and butter, and that in turn will be a huge nerf to us in generally, not just AOE healing.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kellindell View Post
    Yeah, Cadence X2 /Coda of Resto are the bards bread and butter, motif of regen is a nice added touch.

What your saying is, they messed with CM bread and butter, and that in turn will be a huge nerf to us in generally, not just AOE healing.
    Ya my major complaint is the spores nerf. I can understand the LGV nerf since every aoe seems to be getting limited to 5 targets, but nerfing spores nerfs our single target healing. More importantly, spores was the only real source of healing in between nukes. Charging up a 2.5 sec cast of Nature's Touch and not having the tank getting any heals in between really sucks. If they do plan to keep the spores nerf, I would really like to see LGV changed to fully function with dots (withering vines, stream of reclamation, nature's corrosion) to provide us with healing ticks in between casts.

Telaran

That would actually be a fantastic change. They could also place it higher in the tree so its not a stealth warlock buff.

Rift Disciple

Totally fine by me. The top end of the tree is pretty light on decent talents as it is. Also, fix Call of Spring, or change the tooltip to say "don't pick me, I'm worthless".

Rift Chaser

Sounds like some people were treating RS as a direct HoT when it obviously was never intended to be one. Else why link it to a proc on damage?

If people want Chloro to have a HoT, why keep beating around the bush and just ask for a direct single target HoT?
    Last edited by Kuroshio; 03-23-2011 at 05:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread