+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My new favorite mage build for pvp

General of Telara

Default My new favorite mage build for pvp

Been doing tons of WFs especially Codex which seems to pop all the time so I figured its better to have badass AoE to keep those dirty defiants off of flags. Been using this build:http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1zvy0.xx.VGztbzsszR.x

With how fast I build charge I can pop Ride the wind and get away from pretty much everyone. Flash Freeze and Wind chill also work nicely for escape. Also stacking Hailstorm with a Lightning Storm followed by Lightning Field=very dead defiants. Been topping both damage and killing blows in almost every WF I do as long as those idiots stay stacked up, which they usually do. I know people swear by Pyro but I just found it boring.
    Last edited by thomasmgp; 03-23-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasmgp View Post
    Been doing tons of WFs especially Codex which seems to pop all the time so I figured its better to have badass AoE to keep those dirty defiants off of flags. Been using this build:http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1zvy0.xx.VGztbzsszR.x

With how fast I build charge I can pop Ride the wind and get away from pretty much everyone. Flash Freeze and Wind chill also work nicely for escape. Also stacking Hailstorm with a Lightning Storm followed by Lightning Field=very dead defiants. Been topping both damage and killing blows in almost every WF I do as long as those idiots stay stacked up, which they usually do. I know people swear by Pyro but I just found it boring.
    I'm not gonna lie, pyro is easier than this. This does sound fun though, but I hate relying on slows and kiting, but sc does have a ton of slows and aoe at that, plus knockback slows, so this could be really viable. I mean, obviously it is for you, but for someone picking it up, feels like there could be a learning curve. I'm pretty focused on pve for now, but I may try this out down the road for some fun.

Rift Disciple

"Chase" abilities have such short cooldowns that I have pretty much given up on kiting.

Shadowlander

Always nice to see someone loving stormcaller.

Your next points should go straight into Arctic Chill, a 75% slow for 10 seconds is amazing, especially with those instant icicles you're getting.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1986 View Post
    I'm not gonna lie, pyro is easier than this. This does sound fun though, but I hate relying on slows and kiting, but sc does have a ton of slows and aoe at that, plus knockback slows, so this could be really viable. I mean, obviously it is for you, but for someone picking it up, feels like there could be a learning curve. I'm pretty focused on pve for now, but I may try this out down the road for some fun.
    I dont kite lol. I just find the big group of Defiants and open p with AoE death. Its funny I can kill 4-5 in a single go sometimes.

stormcaller is my favorite soul in the entire game, despite its oddness, what with the lightning and cold skills all bundled up in the same tree with not much direction--and who uses the cold skills other than situationally anyways? SC isn't the powerhouse that is pyro, or lock or nec but it's a lot more fun (imo).

+ Reply to Thread