+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rune shield disabled while paragon armor talent has been bugged forever

Default rune shield disabled while paragon armor talent has been bugged forever

How nice of Trion's clear favoritism.

Any mage talent that is in favor of mage has to be either disabled or hot fixed!

Warrior can just enjoy their broken talents forever.

Lovely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by bubulu View Post
    How nice of Trion's clear favoritism.

Any mage talent that is in favor of mage has to be either disabled or hot fixed!

Warrior can just enjoy their broken talents forever.

Lovely.
    .................. ^
    Last edited by Ashur420; 03-23-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Warriors are gonna get theirs soon enough. And I'm going to thoroughly enjoy the QQ from them when they do.

Soulwalker

Agree disturbes me greatly. Just makes the company as a whole look bad. They had a good launch, it's a well polished game. I'll give them credit for that.

But all the so called hotfixes has been direckted mostly towards mages. While some warrior bugs even upsets the PvE balance of the game. Starting to seem like the lead designer is a very bad player and he happens to play the warrior class and cant see the problems.

Balance issues between classes has been the major reason for me to stop playing MMO's for some time now. 10 years ago it was not that big of a problem, but hey things move forward and the more time pass, the higher my demands get.
    I'll take a look on thier balance patch try it out and then decide if not playing on my old NES 8-bit wouldent give me more entertainment. Havent playd ff6 or any of the Mega Man games for quite some time...... actually gonna play mega man 2 for a bit right now^^

Telaran

Wait what happened? They turned off rune shield?

Shadowlander

Im kind of happy they disabled the rune shield.
    I'm mage myself on rank 4 playing pyro and stromcaller...
    ...the fact it that on pyro you have -30% dmg taken in fround effect, ok that's cool
    now you get some charge and put up rune shield -25% dmg, ok that's yet only -55%
    then you hit rank 5, ok put 5 point in shield talent boom rune shield abosorbs 50% of the dmg.
    Ok so -80% dmg taken 100% time if you keep shield up which is easy.
    Then you have also -15% crits and -15% phy dmg from archmage talent tree...
    ....sooo after little mats you have -95% phy dmg taken and -80% magical dmg taken.
    I'd call it umm op?

Champion of Telara

It does say a lot about their priorities.

Nerf/Bug fix Mages every chance they get (but always to make Mages weaker), and at the same time leave the Warrior armor bypass bugg in the game.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 03-23-2011 at 03:23 PM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Shadowlander

Well seems your refering to pvp?
    If you ask any top pvpers they will say mage is definately imba aoers.
    You should try maybe doing pvp builds instead of pve.
    Just by specking 44 pyro/rest archmage gives you a lot -% dmg and pyro ground 30% stun, so you chain aoe and stun enemies every 3 sec for 2 sec, so up to 8 ppl are 2 sec stunned 1 sec free.
    If you observer dmg after warfronts check out what classes are the top dmg ones, i bet they are mages, might be warriors too, but the warrior champion pvp build is definately weaker than pyro for example.

Telaran

The point they are making is, someone finds a problem with mage and that second they ability is just shut off, not nerfed or replaced. But since the begining of beta bugs have existed that make warriors WTFpwn peoples faces, and they just sit there constantly getting used by people. Who in effect are taking advantage of an exploit.

So it isnt that people think runeshield should remain as is, the problem is people are wondering why this got acted on so fast without letting mages live some glory days before a logical thought out nerf, while warrior just rest on the laurels of a broken class.

Not to mention, now people are being forced to respec and spend there money until something is figured out by trion, or they are just sitting on wasted points.

plain and simple..turning off rune shield is just insulting..it has nothing to do with balance..in order to spec that skill you have to sacrifice so many points elsewhere the sacrifice better be worth it.

If they even think of nerfing that skill Ill give up . The fact that it's being turned off makes me wonder about trying to get any more prestige tbh but at this point..there's not a lot more to do in the game.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Rift Disciple

Wait, what happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by prysk View Post
    Anyway, we was so horny for this game...

Rift Disciple

Thats really bogus and im a warrior too.. poor mages : ( no sarcasm... im actually thinking of rolling mage

+ Reply to Thread