+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An idea to fix the issues with chloromancer that the players wont mind

Shield of Telara

Default An idea to fix the issues with chloromancer that the players wont mind

Its apparant that the proposed changes have nothing to do with pve or basic pvp, but it has everything to do with limiting the amount of damage that bards, justicars and chloromancers can heal in raids and large groups.

* Lifegiving Veil: Now affects up to 5 targets.
    * Radiant Spores: Now has a base chance to proc of 10%.
    * Phytogenesis: Now increases the chance for Radiant Spores to proc by 2-6%.

Now what I would propose for radiant spores would be to change it to a group buff instead of a debuff. That way we can have our cake and eat it to and trion can balance the raid healing.

Rift Disciple

"Its apparant that the proposed changes have nothing to do with pve or basic pvp, but it has everything to do with limiting the amount of damage that bards, justicars and chloromancers can heal in raids and large groups.

* Lifegiving Veil: Now affects up to 5 targets.
    * Radiant Spores: Now has a base chance to proc of 10%.
    * Phytogenesis: Now increases the chance for Radiant Spores to proc by 2-6%.

Now what I would propose for radiant spores would be to change it to a group buff instead of a debuff. That way we can have our cake and eat it to and trion can balance the raid healing."

My opinion on proposed changes:
    1-To Lifegiving Veil now effecting 5 targets: Don't really care. That won't effect dungeons and in PvP it will slow down the healing but not stop it. Chloro's only have 1 tool to single target heal and it is Bloom. If you reduce the number of targets then you should probably also have the ability give priority to players who have lost more health.

2- To Radiant Spores now proc'ing at 10% and having Phytogenesis only get it up to 16%: This is a juvenile approach at reducing how much healing is done off of Radiant Spores. If the problem is how much they heal then simply reduce the percentage of damage that they heal off of. Still having it at 100% will still allow players to spike their own healing off of radiant spores and it makes the ability even more about luck than skill. Mathematically, the approach suggested only works for longer duration fights. Here's an alternative, reduce healing to 16% of damage done, but allow it to proc 100% of the time. If that still heals too much then reduce the healing to 12% or 10% or so on and so forth.

Here's some complicated math made simple for the layman.
    Expected Percentage of Healing x Expected Percentage of Damage = Expected Healing From Damage
    E[P] x E[D] = E[H]

What your suggesting:
    E[0.16] x E[d] = 0.16d

What I'm suggesting:
    E[p] x E[0.16] = 0.16p

d and p are both 1 because d represents the percentage of damage off of a given ability and p represents the percent chance of proc'ing the heal. So, what I"m suggesting is equivalent to what you are proposing to implement. The only difference is that my way doesn't gimp the ability. It moves it from an ability about chance and moves it to an ability about skill.

In response to the idea of the poster, you have an interesting idea, but I would rather have radiant spores remain a cleans-able debuff that is put on an enemy than buff you put on your allies. Debuffs are more easily cleansed and thus make radiant spores something that can be more easily countered.

I have come to the conclusion that Mage will never be right. We are a lackluster class that is constantly nerfed. Any thing good about the mage is quickly killed and removed. I dont like playing this game on HARD mode,and I also dont like the 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2 "I'm So Uber" warrior Easy mode either. Im getting really tired of this.

+ Reply to Thread