+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage pet damage seems a bit..broken

Rift Disciple

Default Mage pet damage seems a bit..broken

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the damage a pet will do seems to change drastically? On my level 26 elementalist using the greater air elemental, it was doing on average around 80+ (NON CRIT) on its single target attacks and a bit lower for its aoe (as it should) while running DSM. But when I fight some other mobs, its damage falls greatly. Like around 30 and 40 damage each hit. And for those who think i am just fighting something higher level than I am, I was killing the rams in stonefield as a level 26. They are like 23.

On my necromancer who is 28, I've run DSM with my Skeletal zealot (the upgraded melee you need to spec into in the branches of the soul tree) and have seen average numbers reach the 100s. Other times while fighting a lower level non elite it crits for 33... Thats right, CRITS for 33. Those fights it cant get beyond 33 damage per hit no matter how long I let it fight.

Any idea why this is happening?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Urara View Post
    Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the damage a pet will do seems to change drastically? On my level 26 elementalist using the greater air elemental, it was doing on average around 80+ (NON CRIT) on its single target attacks and a bit lower for its aoe (as it should) while running DSM. But when I fight some other mobs, its damage falls greatly. Like around 30 and 40 damage each hit. And for those who think i am just fighting something higher level than I am, I was killing the rams in stonefield as a level 26. They are like 23.

On my necromancer who is 28, I've run DSM with my Skeletal zealot (the upgraded melee you need to spec into in the branches of the soul tree) and have seen average numbers reach the 100s. Other times while fighting a lower level non elite it crits for 33... Thats right, CRITS for 33. Those fights it cant get beyond 33 damage per hit no matter how long I let it fight.

Any idea why this is happening?
    Necro pet and elemental pet depend on debuffs to do good damage.

Shadowlander

You get +50% pet damage from your main elementalist nuke, and another gives +30% crit chance to your pet.

Most likely why your seeing such a discrepancy.

Most if not all the Necro pet abilities are buffed significantly by the presence of several of the Necro dots/debuffs.

And by significantly, I mean things like guaranteed crit, lower cool down, many % higher damage, etc.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Rift Disciple

These numbers are with fully buffed... buffs. Had necrosis, 5 stacks of Deathly calling up and looming demise, had the 50% buff and the 30% crit buff on elementalist.
    Last edited by Urara; 03-23-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Can't say why it's lower, but elemental pet dmg (haven't used necro at all) is crap with or without the debuffs. I ran a parse for my pet at 50 on a normal mob training dummy for 3 min (no debuffs) and it was ~72 dps. So I wouldn't expect much out of em, unless they get a buff. I know it doesn't help your problem, but just somethin I wouldn't worry much about.
    Last edited by Poot; 03-23-2011 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Spelling errors

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo11 View Post
    We enter a dungeon as a group:
    - Sam wears 8 tons of platemail and takes the lead.
    - Chris has his medical kit, and decides to help keep Sam alive.
    - Rachel has her flamethrower, and will toast anyone that attacks.
    - Steve is stealthy, so he hides in the corner and pokes the enemies with a stick.

o_O. Sorry Steve, but someone fell off the useless tree and hit every branch on the way down .

I've seen this too. Especially on planars

I expected my shambling corpse + split personality + zealot 14 mob group to completely destroy a rift... instead, they did very little damage... like 80% reduced.

I think this has to do with how planar mobs and normal mobs interact. The Planar mobs I think have some kinda resistance to "normal" mobs and that carries over to pets.

If so, this is a bug and needs to be fixed.

Rift Disciple

has anyone posted the damage from the different necro pets?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrall Mors View Post

I expected my shambling corpse + split personality + zealot 14 mob group to completely destroy a rift... instead, they did very little damage... like 80% reduced.

I think this has to do with how planar mobs and normal mobs interact. The Planar mobs I think have some kinda resistance to "normal" mobs and that carries over to pets.

You make a very good point. I had not relized untill you said this that all my pets lower damage was on Planar mobs

Rift Disciple

I have just tested on my ranger, pet damage is much lower on planar mobs as well. Seems all pets are having this issue.

Ascendant

all mobs have hugely reduced damage and resistencies against planars, Ive seen non-elite invasions from rift opened inside the stillmoor castle rip all the elite mobs they encounter (lower level non elite invasion against higher level elite mobs) like wet paper.
    that even our pets get this reduction is really annoying and should looked at.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    all mobs have hugely reduced damage and resistencies against planars, Ive seen non-elite invasions from rift opened inside the stillmoor castle rip all the elite mobs they encounter (lower level non elite invasion against higher level elite mobs) like wet paper.
    that even our pets get this reduction is really annoying and should looked at.
    When I was questing in stonefeild last week, had the quest to kill centius the titan. Of course there was an invasion going on and I happened to catch a funny sight. 2 non elite mobs were fighting Centius and they kicked his butt. I laughed at that seeing a mighty titan fall to a weak mob. But now that I know our pets also suffer from this damage reduction... not so funny anymore.

I hope this gets fixed

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrall Mors View Post

Now that you mention this, I've noticed this as well. I need to test this further in game.

Rift Disciple

Tested this on other characters, Ranger, Druid, Warrior Beastmaster. all the pets seem to be affected by this damage reduction. This is a big loss of damage for the pet class souls.

+ Reply to Thread