+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leveling Necro/Warlock - Corpse explosion worth it?

Soulwalker

Default Leveling Necro/Warlock - Corpse explosion worth it?

So I just hit 35, I've been leveling necro/lock, this is my current build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zvw_.xx0hz.xtczVtk0s

I noticed that corpse explosion was within reach now if I made some sacrifices in the warlock tree (IE: lose 20% DoT damage which is pretty significant), is the spell good enough to warrant rushing it at this level, or should I just wait a few more levels and get it then? The damage seems very high and it seems like it would be effective with multi pulling.

Rift Disciple

Seemed OK in dungeons but ended up specing out of it, can't say I ever did any number crunching with it though.

Actually I am curious to it's total damage. Might be worth it when your instant pet cast is ready.

Plane Touched

I dont play nec/lock, I do love corpse explosion tho. Does a good amount of dmg. Its very situational tho. Great in WFs where the opposition clusters alot.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Fooba View Post
    Seemed OK in dungeons but ended up specing out of it, can't say I ever did any number crunching with it though.
    I think your talking about detonate bones, which imo is amazing. on melee targets in pvp if they for some reason decide to target my pet first, and kill it.. they take a ton of dmg, get stunned and will have another pet right on top of them if i have exhume up.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tamanous View Post
    Actually I am curious to it's total damage. Might be worth it when your instant pet cast is ready.
    Was that referring to detonate bones? Does that work when you re-summon?

Plane Touched

Detonate bones deals 10% of your pets total hp, so getting the 50% increased pet health is amazing for this.

Rift Disciple

Corpse explosion was surprising how much damage it did during multi target kills. Especially when everyone is focusing on one target.

The reason I am spec'ing into it is for the Root skills. I just need to add more points into the tree to get the stacking healing debuff - I think it's called Death's Grasp?

+ Reply to Thread