+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necro\Chloro Better single target heals...build inside--->

Default Necro\Chloro Better single target heals...build inside--->

I was trying to get a little more single target heals for when the tank gets hit by a truck...Would this work in T1's?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...m0k.EduuqiczRR

You get the 2 extra necro heals, feign death(for possible rez'ing after a bad pull), pet, graverot, necrosis( for extra not casted damage), reclaim power for mana, + the 44 point ability in the chloro tree...just a thought

Rezzistance -Seastone/Defiant Mage
    Rezzist - Seastone/Defiant Rogue
    MeatyCurtains - Seastone/Guardian Rogue

I haven't had a chance to check out your build (on an iPad), but I was thinking of trying something like this myself. Mainly for rifts/outdoor content, but hmm.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Quote Originally Posted by Thulium View Post
    I haven't had a chance to check out your build (on an iPad), but I was thinking of trying something like this myself. Mainly for rifts/outdoor content, but hmm.
    I'll give it a shot when i get home today, and ill try and post some results...maybe even numbers...

Soulwalker

I gave it some testing the other night.

It was underwhelming because the necro heals are actually quite weak.

So you trade time that you would be casting your normal life-based chloro rotation, for some necro heals that dont heal too much.

You are better off casting nature's touch and vile spores than hard casting necro heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Peegs View Post
    I gave it some testing the other night.

It was underwhelming because the necro heals are actually quite weak.

So you trade time that you would be casting your normal life-based chloro rotation, for some necro heals that dont heal too much.

You are better off casting nature's touch and vile spores than hard casting necro heals.
    so for a single target heal:

nature's touch and vile spores>blood binding and life shift ?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kanabull View Post
    I was trying to get a little more single target heals for when the tank gets hit by a truck...Would this work in T1's?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...m0k.EduuqiczRR

You get the 2 extra necro heals, feign death(for possible rez'ing after a bad pull), pet, graverot, necrosis( for extra not casted damage), reclaim power for mana, + the 44 point ability in the chloro tree...just a thought

I actually did something similar to this last night in an expert t1 (FC to be exact). The cleric we had just wasn't putting out enough heals. So when they suggested they might need an offheal I said I have a chloro spec. I failed to mention that this was my "pwn elites solo" spec...not a dedicated main-healing chloro spec. In one of the boss fights the cleric died with the boss at about 70%, I battle rezzed but an unlucky AoE hit her. Needless to say she went down faster then my gf does. I thought we were dead but I put out plenty of heals to keep the tank alive. The cleric saw this and switched to DPS. We finished the dungeon, and I was shocked.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...k0s.EdIuobczRo

(note I took Master Chirurgeon because I need Sprinkles to live but in this situation Symbiote would probably be a better choice. Also I didn't use the necro heals.)
    Last edited by Ashur420; 03-23-2011 at 01:24 PM.

Shadowlander

yes, my chloro rotation is basic, Ruin, Radiant Spores, Nature's Touch, Vile Spores, Vile Spores, Nature's Touch, Vile Spores, Vile Spores...repeat.

Rift Disciple

5% intel increase, 5% life damage increase, 19% from entropic veil, 10% from Dark Power, 10% from Warlock Armor, +5% crit. = 25% healing increase + 10% from entropic veil + 5% increased intel, +5% increased crit.

I pull 260 - 350 DPS in this spec alone. HPS varies, but usually around 700.

Chloro / warlock.

Soulwalker

Yes, dont underestimate what Synthesis does for your tank. Nature's touch and Vile Spores/Ruin heal like beasts on the Synth target.

Quote Originally Posted by Peegs View Post
    Yes, dont underestimate what Synthesis does for your tank. Nature's touch and Vile Spores/Ruin heal like beasts on the Synth target.
    How does a 2 sec casted spells help when the tank gets hit for over half his health? I've been running Chloro/Lock and i've already had numerous encounters that drop the tank to 35% and i'm in the middle of casting Nature's touch\ Vile Spores and have to break casting to throw out bloom or one of the other heals. Maybe its just situational...but when the tank dies, we all die.

Rift Disciple

"How does a 2 sec casted spells help when the tank gets hit for over half his health? I've been running Chloro/Lock and i've already had numerous encounters that drop the tank to 35% and i'm in the middle of casting Nature's touch\ Vile Spores and have to break casting to throw out bloom or one of the other heals. Maybe its just situational...but when the tank dies, we all die."

Nice build. I've been using something similar to it for boss fights for T1 and T2 experts for the last 2 weeks. My advise for the build: drop 12 points from the Chloro tree. The heal debuff will do you no good in a boss fight and the 44 point ability is not as good as the following options for a tertiary soul:
    1- 12 points in warlock gets instant cast nature's touches 10% of the time. Spells also generate more charge. The improved DoT damage is equivalent to 40 intelligence.
    2- 11 points in Pyro gets you a flicker which breaks boss transmogrifies, fears, stuns, and a dozen other cc abilities used by bosses which prevent you from healing. Fireball is not worth casting and the root has limited applications for adds. You also get burning intellect which will increase your healing and dps.
    3- 12 points in Dom gets you 10% more intelligence which means more heals, dps, higher crit rating, and more mana. It also gives you a shield you can put on the tank to do damage to mobs that attack it (extra heals proc off of radiant spores from charged shield damage which means your tank will heal 80 damage every second. Its almost a perma-hot its so good). You also get a detaunt in the form of memory wipe and a cleanse that removes everything that can be removed with just one global cooldown (deny).
    4- 10 points in elemental summoner (sounds absurd right? but take one second to think about it) gives you an extra 5% chance to crit and 10% reduced damage. Bosses sometimes hit healers with random or scripted attacks and taking 10% less damage regardless what type of damage it is can save the healer.

Those are the only options I consider worth mentioning, but I'm sure a case could be made for putting 12 points in stormcaller, and archon.

With regard to the last post. "How do you deal with a tank dropping to 35% with a single hit?" Before I say anything, make sure he has enough toughness to actually be tanking the tier of dungeon you are doing. Here is what I:
    1- I keep radiant spores up. Having the tank heal himself off of damage that he does to the boss is always helpful. Reavers are really good at this because of all the Dots they can put up. If you are using a Dom soul then charged shield is also good here. Charged shield won't save a tank, but every little bit helps.
    2- If you have 10 points in the warlock soul then 10% of the casts you get should give you an insta Nature's Touch. Its helpful. I saw a comment about synthesis in the thread somewhere. ALWAYS HAVE SYNTHESIS ON YOUR TANK. It triples the healing from life givnig veil and it make Nature's Touch heal twice (it has its own heal that gets tacked on after the damage heals through Lifegiving Veil) so it will often take a tank from 1/3 to full on its own.
    3- Vile Spores, Ruin, and Nature's Touch are projectiles. Meaning, you cast them but they don't heal anything until they reach their target. Keep yourself at a comfortable range from your tank so that you won't get hit by AoE's and the projectile traveling distance isnt' too bad.
    4- The second heal off of Nature's Touch that is only for your synthesis target only heals if you are within 20 meters of the tank. So, always stay within 20 meters of your tank or he will get about 1/3 less healing.
    5- Withering Vines is about as useful as an anus on your forehead and Stream of Reclamation is useful as a second anus right next to the other anus on your forehead. So, don't waste the global cooldowns.
    6- Don't forget to use Nature's Cleansing. Some boss fights become trivialized once you realize you can cleanse a bosses debufs (the second boss of iron tombs [not the spider] is stupid easy if you cleanse the debuff he puts on the tank).
    7- Poly adds where you are able. The first boss of FC who summons adds can be turned into squirrels. Might as well "heal" though reducing damage done to the tank by preventing the damage from ever being done right?
    8- Never follow a Nature's Touch with a Ruin. You will over heal the ruin out of existence. Only use ruin with vile spores.
    9- Equip healing greaters. Greater healing essences proc off of Flourish and Bloom as intended, but it is buggy at best off of Lifegiving Veil. In my experience I've just been able to get it to proc off of player who have the rift stalker soul and pets and I don't know why. It never procs on warriors for me unless I cast Bloom or Flourish on them.
    10- If you have the pyro soul equiped, always flicker out of stuns. You can actually flicke out of the werewolf boss's fear/stun in expert darkening deeps. You might as well heal while you are able. I've also had limited success blinking out of the poly in... realm of the fae I think it is.
    11- Beware of bosses that become immune to damage. The werewolf boss in darkening deeps and the bonelord in Iron Tombs has phases where they become immune to damage. You cannot heal using any ability that heals through lifegiving veil while a boss is immune to damage. Only bloom, flourish, and necro heals work while a boss is immune to damage. I think this is trions way of forcing us to bring clerics. i say "no, fight the power".
    12- Save Flourish for after a boss uses their big AoE damage that probably hits the whole group. That sabateur boss in FC can kill you or another cloth/leather player with her AoE's after she blows the charges (I'm not talking about the damage from the barrels. I think she does like a shrapnel charge that hits the whole group. I've gotten dynamite dodger and still been hit by this so it must be something seperate). So, generally save flourish for that moment unless the boss doesn't have that kind of moment or the tank is about to die.
    13- Always have situational awareness. Placing yourself is always important. Not only do you have to worry about AoE's, your range to the mob for your projectile heals, but you also have to worry about cc. Getting a little bit of extra info is often the difference between you healing the tank or trying to find a good place quickly to feign death. The werewolf boss is darkening deeps for instance fears everyone. if you sit on the edge of the light between the dark and the light then from my experience you won't run around feared (you just stand in place). When dealing with Matron Verosa standing off to the side a bit gives you enough time to pop Living Shell before Lesh flies over to interrupt and smash you in the face (he won't kill you, but he'll remind you that you're wearing cloth).

I hope this helps. In two weeks most of this will probably not even still be true anyways with how often and how quickly they change the mage souls.
    Last edited by jayfer; 03-24-2011 at 12:49 PM.

Ascendant

How does a 2 sec casted spells help when the tank gets hit for over half his health? I've been running Chloro/Lock and i've already had numerous encounters that drop the tank to 35% and i'm in the middle of casting Nature's touch\ Vile Spores and have to break casting to throw out bloom or one of the other heals. Maybe its just situational...but when the tank dies, we all die.
    Well, there's your issue. You should never break a casted spell. Had you just finished your Nature's Touch, you would've healed the tank for far more than you did. No boss has a fast enough attack speed to finish off a tank.

@jayfer

Thx for your post, alot of great information in that. I'll take what you said to heart and make some changes. What do you personally run with? Chloro\Necro\???

Ascendant

Chloro/Necro is honestly more of a PvP healing spec. Chloro in PvP is pretty much unable to heal anyone but their synthesis target worth a damn beyond radiant spores which most locks have anyway. PvE vile spores will always be better even if it doesn't heal the synth AS much as life shift can, it heals the rest of the team/yourself and benefits from entropic veil. Honestly though, I'm pretty sure the first tick of the dot + vile spores is > life shift.

+ Reply to Thread