+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Most Mages = Whiners

Default Most Mages = Whiners

Yeah the Chloro Nerf was a blow... it hurt a bit.. so what. Adjust and move on.

It blows me away how insanely bad all the crying thats going on. I love all the "Yeah so Im quitting the game now" threads and comments when you know the second you get home your loggin in and going at it again.

I love my mage. Im rocking a Necro/Chloro/Lock build and Im having a blast in the process. No I may not be the most powerful toon in the game but so what Im not looking for pure DPS... I want some type of CC and the heals are awesome. GIve it time, LEARN your Mage. I had a rogue 4 levels higher than me try to creep up on me cloaked up... he took me down passed 50% before I realized WTH was going on... I simlply feared him off of me, healed myself. Dotted him up and ran until he drained down.. its really not that hard or bad as most of you make it out to be. The biggest thing I point at is most of you are lower level and/or have bad gear... and I mean bad gear lol... or no runes or you're not properly using your planar focus.

Its no secret Rift made it very clear that while lower leveled Mages are going to need some type of protection.. just dont get caught alone. Gear correctly, choose souls that compliment each other well, be patient and youll see the damage and healing start coming around. Get your crit percentage up and soak up those damage increasing talents. In all the Warfronts Im typically top 2-3 in damage and top 2-3 in heals every time.

Spend more time reading your soul tree, understaning your talents and learning your mage and less time QQ'ing on the forums. Stop begging Trion to make you a better Mage and go out and figure it out for yourself. Its a lot more fun that way.

And hey.. if you dont like.. the reroll a different toon. More mage gear for me!

Rift Disciple

You're a necro/chloro/lock? You mean one of the few actually decent combinations?
    Sweet, good credibility. Go look at the pyromancer or stormcaller and then tell me about soul synergy.

what nerf?

Patch notes:

Hotfix #9: [NA] 8:00am PDT 3/23/11 - [EU] 1:00am GMT 23/3/11
    Hotfix #9

GENERAL
    * Improved visibility of Rogue combo points on the overhead combat meter.

ZONES

GLOAMWOOD
    * Being polymorphed by the Hag's Curse is now far less lethal - NPCs that were kill-on-sight are now neutral.

MOONSHADE HIGHLANDS
    * Honor Them: This quest will now grant updates for the whole group at once.

SHIMMERSAND
    * The Desert Queen: Akala weekly quest now awards Plaques of Achievement on subsequent completions.
    * Final Preparations: Focuser Chest is now much more focused on working.

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
    * Another fix for Expert Dungeon lockouts not being reset at their scheduled time.

CHARMER'S CALDERA
    * Cyclorax's Shocking Blast now properly ignores line-of-sight.

GREENSCALE'S BLIGHT [Raid]
    * Fixed a bug with Sticky Slime not working consistently.

Prince Hylas
    * Slightly reduced the absorption amount of Spiritual Barrier.
    * Modified the increase of Soul Fracture damage by Avenging Wrath.

CLIENT
    * Coin Lock: Improvements to better detect logins from the same network location when using a large ISP or proxy service.

Dev Post:

"As promised Mages will be seeing a general bump in both survability and DPS, as well as a few additional tweaks that will be helpful in PVP. That being said please dont expect to see a massive boost, Mages definitely needed some love, but at the same time some of that comes from tuning down other calling builds that were too good."

Rift Disciple

There is something of a universal need among humans... the feeling of being wanted or needed. When someone else can do your job better than you can just because they picked the right class and you didn't it stings quite painfully. Why would any smart raid leader bring more than an archon from the mage class now?

Being in a raid as anything else right now means you are a detriment to your raid and nobody wants to play with that feeling looming over them.
    Last edited by maxvla; 03-23-2011 at 09:53 AM.

I think the Chloro nerf is more of a shock factor.

Noone was aware the Chloro was OP.

It makes people say "What? What about __________?"
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Ascendant

i assume the chloro nerf was for raids, because i sure as hell never felt like my 400 point aoe heal every 15s(ruin, lets face it you almost never get to cast virulent spores outside opportunity) was saving anyone from imminent death in pvp, though it padded my numbers to no end.

I think the radiant spores nerf was bigger than the five target nerf. Although I still don't think it will be game breaking.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rikkard View Post
    You're a necro/chloro/lock? You mean one of the few actually decent combinations?
    Sweet, good credibility. Go look at the pyromancer or stormcaller and then tell me about soul synergy.
    O.o

50 mage here....

SC is pretty damn OP by far the best pure pve soul for dps I don't think people understand the amount of dmg bonus stacks available in SC especially when combined with warlock. For pvp you need heals and support for SC. There are broken abilities in SC that do need to be fixed though.

Pyro are you serious? Single best pvp soul mages have....44 pyro 16 chloro 6 warlock owns in pvp and is honestly TOO good.
    Last edited by Ssinjin; 03-23-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post
    I think the Chloro nerf is more of a shock factor.

Noone was aware the Chloro was OP.

It makes people say "What? What about __________?"
    Yeah tahts a good point... they could have nerfed the Mage in the smallest way and there still would have been an uproar.

Its like relax.. the game has been out almost a month. Its not the first nor is it the last nerf for Mages... who knows maybe a buff will come later or another class may be getting nerfed as well. I trust Trion knows a lot more than all the cryers on these threads about balancing the game. So many people are crying "Mage healing is dead" well when the hotfix came out less than a day ago Its hard for me to believe most of the cryers even tried to heal as Chloro since then and instead came straight here to whine.

Besides.. If I wanted to purley be a healer I would have rolled a Cleric to begin with. IMO a Mage shouldnt be main heals anyway. Off / support heals yes... Main, no. COuld you imagine an Archmage / Chloro.. a PvP beast that can mainheal himself... lol.

So now our Chloro raid heals only heals 5 instead of 10... (I understand were not sure how those 5 are determined yet) okay... well how about now putting a 1 Mage in every group within that raid to make sure every group of 5 can take advantage of the heals.. if the heals are chosen that way. I hope so.. that would make mages in MORE of a need rather than less.

Spec right, gear right, understand your role and adapt to the changes. And please... stop with the "I guess i'm not continuing my Subscription becasue of this nerf." Those threats only make you look like a foolish little child.

Hey if these nerfs weed out all the bad players Im all game for that. If you wanted this game to be facerollingly easy then go back WoW. I'm down for a challenge. Man up.

Telaran

Look, what most are unhappy about aren't the lower levels. We've been 50 for a while now.

What annoys many people is that a calling with stupidly low PvP survivability (admitted by Trion themselves in their statement regarding upcoming class balancing) has one of its few semi-survivable specs nerfed even further in order to curtail AoE healing in PvE content. I hope you all enjoy being squirrels, because the RS nerf is going to funnel even more players away from lock/chloro/am toward heavy dominator builds.

Yes, we can all go Pyromancer, but frankly... that spec is stupidly easy to play and essentially turns you into a semi-mobile (at best, as you die the second a melee class targets you outside GoS in that spec) turret. It needs a severe overhaul to make it less situationally overpowered and more fun and generally viable.

I also understand the PvE-players worry that this might reduce Chloro efficiency so severely there will be no real reason to bring them along, but I haven't crunched enough numbers myself to have an opinion on that.

Calling all mage players whiners because they're unhappy with nerfs that fly in the face of what Trion has been promising makes you look unnecessarily condescending, as well as more than a little ill-informed given that your post suggests you aren't even at cap with your mage. Get to 50, gear up, play some open-world and warfront PvP with several different specs, then come back and tell us we're all whiners. 'Till then, I see no reason to give your opinion that much weight.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Azraelll View Post
    Yeah tahts a good point... they could have nerfed the Mage in the smallest way and there still would have been an uproar.

Its like relax.. the game has been out almost a month. Its not the first nor is it the last nerf for Mages... who knows maybe a buff will come later or another class may be getting nerfed as well. I trust Trion knows a lot more than all the cryers on these threads about balancing the game. So many people are crying "Mage healing is dead" well when the hotfix came out less than a day ago Its hard for me to believe most of the cryers even tried to heal as Chloro since then and instead came straight here to whine.

Besides.. If I wanted to purley be a healer I would have rolled a Cleric to begin with. IMO a Mage shouldnt be main heals anyway. Off / support heals yes... Main, no. COuld you imagine an Archmage / Chloro.. a PvP beast that can mainheal himself... lol.

So now our Chloro raid heals only heals 5 instead of 10... (I understand were not sure how those 5 are determined yet) okay... well how about now putting a 1 Mage in every group within that raid to make sure every group of 5 can take advantage of the heals.. if the heals are chosen that way. I hope so.. that would make mages in MORE of a need rather than less.

Spec right, gear right, understand your role and adapt to the changes. And please... stop with the "I guess i'm not continuing my Subscription becasue of this nerf." Those threats only make you look like a foolish little child.

Hey if these nerfs weed out all the bad players Im all game for that. If you wanted this game to be facerollingly easy then go back WoW. I'm down for a challenge. Man up.
    So you want 4 Chloro mages in every raid? That leaves 0 room for any other spec of mage. Grats on soul variety.

Most Mages = Whiners
    This is clearly true Azraelll and I thank you for pointing this out to us.

I've come up with a more succinct way of saying everything in your short diatribe on how all mages suck and if you could please contact a forum mod to re-title your post with "Newsflash: People who are unhappy with X, tend to complain about X" I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Champion

the only real reason ppl are upset is because they are hitting mages and bards, 2 areas no one thought were over the top bad meanwhile there are blatant imbalance issues. this however was a MISTSAKE, those changes ARENT happening yet, they will be part of a larger BALANCE patch that WIL address OP sab and warrior damage. we are also GETTING damage and survuvability buffs, we havent seen them yet.

i mean really, you guys need to calm the heck down wait for the end result.

you got people who prolly arent even 50 yet RAGING about how this will affect chloros in raids, i mean wtf lol
    Last edited by Shieldy; 03-23-2011 at 10:35 AM.

Soulwalker

Yeah the Chloro Nerf was a blow... it hurt a bit.. so what. Adjust and move on.

It blows me away how insanely bad all the crying thats going on. I love all the "Yeah so Im quitting the game now" threads and comments when you know the second you get home your loggin in and going at it again.

I love my mage. Im rocking a Necro/Chloro/Lock build and Im having a blast in the process. No I may not be the most powerful toon in the game but so what Im not looking for pure DPS... I want some type of CC and the heals are awesome. GIve it time, LEARN your Mage. I had a rogue 4 levels higher than me try to creep up on me cloaked up... he took me down passed 50% before I realized WTH was going on... I simlply feared him off of me, healed myself. Dotted him up and ran until he drained down.. its really not that hard or bad as most of you make it out to be. The biggest thing I point at is most of you are lower level and/or have bad gear... and I mean bad gear lol... or no runes or you're not properly using your planar focus.

Its no secret Rift made it very clear that while lower leveled Mages are going to need some type of protection.. just dont get caught alone. Gear correctly, choose souls that compliment each other well, be patient and youll see the damage and healing start coming around. Get your crit percentage up and soak up those damage increasing talents. In all the Warfronts Im typically top 2-3 in damage and top 2-3 in heals every time.

Spend more time reading your soul tree, understaning your talents and learning your mage and less time QQ'ing on the forums. Stop begging Trion to make you a better Mage and go out and figure it out for yourself. Its a lot more fun that way.

And hey.. if you dont like.. the reroll a different toon. More mage gear for me!
    I find this post offensive.

Being the top in damage and heals does not mean you are being effective in group PvP combat, nor does it mean you are providing your fair share of utility to the objectives. I am glad that you like the calling, but this kind of rubbing-it-in-our-faces is uncalled for and very unproductive. Please, keep your striking generalizations out of this forum.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ssinjin View Post
    O.o

50 mage here....

SC is pretty damn OP by far the best pure pve soul for dps I don't think people understand the amount of dmg bonus stacks available in SC especially when combined with warlock. For pvp you need heals and support for SC. There are broken abilities in SC that do need to be fixed though.

Pyro are you serious? Single best pvp soul mages have....44 pyro 16 chloro 6 warlock owns in pvp and is honestly TOO good.
    he said the soul synergy is bad. which is probably true if the pvp specs involve massive numbers of points in a single soul(pyro) with the other ones not mattering much....thats not synergy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast