+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thought about Grave Rot

Rift Disciple

Default Thought about Grave Rot

Ive been thinking about Grave Rot (Devouring Shadows too) not feeling responsive enough for a rotation, it sort of breaks the flow. While other spells can be queued, this cant, being necessary to wait until the end of the cooldown, press the spell key and for some reason it still takes a little bit to display and to aim, feels like it takes too long.
    Wouldn't it be beneficial being able to queue it like other spells, so it can be cast and aimed during cooldown, and auto fire or mouse click to fire at end of cooldown?

Other thing is Pushback from mob hit, it seems a bit excessive. Its bad enough how lethal Exposed is for Mages (responsible for around 75% of my overall deaths :\), meaning there is no running away from a bad pull, it also becomes a bit painful casting anything that takes 2 or more seconds, so its easily leads to lose-lose situations.

My 2c.

Keep uo the good work, Trion. Rift rocks

Quote Originally Posted by X3n0m0rph View Post
    Ive been thinking about Grave Rot (Devouring Shadows too) not feeling responsive enough for a rotation, it sort of breaks the flow. While other spells can be queued, this cant, being necessary to wait until the end of the cooldown, press the spell key and for some reason it still takes a little bit to display and to aim, feels like it takes too long.
    Wouldn't it be beneficial being able to queue it like other spells, so it can be cast and aimed during cooldown, and auto fire or mouse click to fire at end of cooldown?

Other thing is Pushback from mob hit, it seems a bit excessive. Its bad enough how lethal Exposed is for Mages (responsible for around 75% of my overall deaths :\), meaning there is no running away from a bad pull, it also becomes a bit painful casting anything that takes 2 or more seconds, so its easily leads to lose-lose situations.

My 2c.

Keep uo the good work, Trion. Rift rocks
    I actually agree. You can only queue an aoe spell if you are already doing a channeled aoe spell (devouring shadows can "prep" grave rot). But its very annoying to be casting anything else and you have to spam that graverot key to get it to come up I mean I can live with it, but if a queue system is inplace it should fundamentally work on everything <_<
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

I would typically use these on aoe fights I can take about 6-7 mobs at level 50 but I do have to use either shadow life or neddra's essence. As for rotation I can only see these being used as aoe. Granted I do use grave rot during 1 mob fights to bring up my dps since I use a dot spec class.

Soulwalker

I agree, I've recently started playing Rift and I love my Necor/Lock so far, yet Grave Rot indeed feels "sticky" You can easily rotate through the others.

I would like to see it do the same.

Telaran

I agree. The spell should queue like any other spell.

Let me bring up the targeting during another cast, and have it queue up to cast where I clicked at the end.

currently while soloing is's just annoying, but in raids where dps is tight you will at the very least have your latency in idle time every time you cast grave rot. *shudders as this brings back memories of mindflay clipping*
    Last edited by Quinburger; 03-23-2011 at 01:09 PM.

I use it all the time. I also found it annoying to cast at times but I found patience is the key. DO NOT try to cast until the GC is completely done. Just time it in your head and give it a fraction of a second after it is done. This makes it much more reactive.

I tried it bound to a mouse key but this also made it less responsive. I settled on a keyboard key while my cursor is already where I wish to place it. I found in my pve rotation it is well worth using due to aoe dot and deathly calling stacks and is placed faster than a crappy plague bolt (which I try to not use at all other than opener for deathly calling.

Rift Disciple

I also noticed that, if the queue setting is set to full on Interface > Misc and and Grave Rot is queued after another ability, sometimes it will cycle the cooldown but will not activate the ability. 2 wasted seconds !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Looks like a bug?

+ Reply to Thread