+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has anyone tried Chloro/Pyro/Lock? [pve solo]

Default Has anyone tried Chloro/Pyro/Lock? [pve solo]

I'm home for Spring Break and am just trying out different little mage specs. I'm on an eternal search for a great spec that isn't necro/lock (already have 2 roles with different variances of combination) and that doesn't use any pets, and so I came up with this build.

14/18/13 Chloro/Pyro/Lock
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zRIv.x0Ih.ec0cz0c.xe

I'm only 34 so I figured I'd stop putting points in it. After 34, I'd continue to put the points into either Pyro or Lock. Pyro starts to become a little too RNG for my tastes after "Improved Flame Bolt." I could spend points into possible insta-Cinder casts, or taking the CD away from FB, but I honestly think ultimate throughput in the Lock tree would give me better results.

I'm also pretty fail at noticing procs without addons. Yea, I suck.

So I'd start the fight with Radiant Spores and Vile Spores, with Lifegiving Veil on, then use Life Leech, Dark Touch, Flame Bolt, and Fireball spam until FB is off CD or else any dots need to be re-enabled.

The survivability isn't significant enough to solo elites (although I haven't tried). The point of it is just a fun little break from Necro =] while burning **** down.

Has anyone tried this combo? Tips appreciated <3

Chloro/Lock/Ele Ele/Arch/Chloro Necro/Lock/Dom SC/Ele/Chloro

I suppose anything is viable pve solo. It surely isn't optimized for best performance, but I applaud your efforts to make something out of pyro. I too am a bit tired of the necro/lock (& later lock/chloro) faceroll. I want to throw fireballs!

As to the procs: I moved the reactive window to center screen & enlarged it so the procs will always be front & center. Then I made a macro that combine my reactives (most dps 1st & so on). So when I see the procs, I hit the macro x the # of procs, fairly easy.

I'm not very good outside of necro/lock or lock/chloro, so it'd be nice to find another doable spec.

...off to search more threads. GL

Thanks for the helpful post Enlarging the proc area would certainly help, huh. I'll give it a try! <3 thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorelei View Post
    I'm home for Spring Break and am just trying out different little mage specs. I'm on an eternal search for a great spec that isn't necro/lock (already have 2 roles with different variances of combination) and that doesn't use any pets, and so I came up with this build.

14/18/13 Chloro/Pyro/Lock
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zRIv.x0Ih.ec0cz0c.xe

I'm only 34 so I figured I'd stop putting points in it. After 34, I'd continue to put the points into either Pyro or Lock. Pyro starts to become a little too RNG for my tastes after "Improved Flame Bolt." I could spend points into possible insta-Cinder casts, or taking the CD away from FB, but I honestly think ultimate throughput in the Lock tree would give me better results.

I'm also pretty fail at noticing procs without addons. Yea, I suck.

So I'd start the fight with Radiant Spores and Vile Spores, with Lifegiving Veil on, then use Life Leech, Dark Touch, Flame Bolt, and Fireball spam until FB is off CD or else any dots need to be re-enabled.

The survivability isn't significant enough to solo elites (although I haven't tried). The point of it is just a fun little break from Necro =] while burning **** down.

Has anyone tried this combo? Tips appreciated <3
    There is no escaping Necro for fast, good leveling sadly.

Chloro is really garbage for soloing fast. The DPS is low and generally the healing is not needed. If you really want to have fun and try something new, go Elemental/Stormcaller.

It'll be fun. Sadly, in half a level you'll be back to Lock/Necro just because it is so symmetrical, fast, and easy to use.

Ascendant

i leveled as pyro till around 30, then the mob hp got too high so i took too much damage(they do no damage when they dont reach you), so i added chloro with bloom and spores(and viel, 5% of 1500 crits is still decent heals right?) also the elemental pet maxed at 30 unless you specced higher, which i didnt, all my points were pyro and archon.

then i just said screw it and went chloro/lock and pulled whatever was in range with dark touch, dropped radiant spores, and spammed devouring shadows for mad exp. mortality when things get bad, instant bloom and flourish if they get even worse. neddras when the situation got even more desparate.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    i leveled as pyro till around 30, then the mob hp got too high so i took too much damage(they do no damage when they dont reach you), so i added chloro with bloom and spores(and viel, 5% of 1500 crits is still decent heals right?) also the elemental pet maxed at 30 unless you specced higher, which i didnt, all my points were pyro and archon.

then i just said screw it and went chloro/lock and pulled whatever was in range with dark touch, dropped radiant spores, and spammed devouring shadows for mad exp. mortality when things get bad, instant bloom and flourish if they get even worse. neddras when the situation got even more desparate.
    Yea I've got a Chlorolock aoe spec as well. It's a lot of fun =]

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rondel View Post
    There is no escaping Necro for fast, good leveling sadly.

Chloro is really garbage for soloing fast. The DPS is low and generally the healing is not needed. If you really want to have fun and try something new, go Elemental/Stormcaller.

It'll be fun. Sadly, in half a level you'll be back to Lock/Necro just because it is so symmetrical, fast, and easy to use.
    1 to 50 and I never trained the necro, pyro or dom souls...

Pve solo I ran warlock/chloro 16 chloro rest in warlock all the way to 50.

Now that I'm 50 I run 44 pyro 16 chloro 6 warlock for pvp and grinding mobs for mats and off heal dps in dungeons....

Pure dps for both pvp and pve I run SC/warlock.....

To the OPs question.. Try it yourself and see if it fits your play style.
    Last edited by Ssinjin; 03-23-2011 at 10:45 AM.

+ Reply to Thread