+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dominator Soul abilities with 10-16m radius

Prophet of Telara

Default Dominator Soul abilities with 10-16m radius

With some of the recent hot fix changes to AE healing in regard to targets effected and the range of motif of regeneration. I'm curious to whether other's on the mage forums think that the Dominator soul is getting a performance boost?

The main abilities I'd like to bring to everyone's attention in regard to this are; Grasping Void, Reflective presence, Mass Exhaustion and Draining Presence. While reflective Presence is a buff to allies in small groups, the other abilities seemed less effective when everyone wasn't clumped.

Most of these abilities have a small radius and can be devastating to rogue souls who can't rely on their own instant catch up heals while taking AE damage either from the Dom/Necro or another player when under the effects of Dom suppression.

I think this soul will have a more powerful skillset for dealing with Bards/Chloro after the hotfix. Given that both souls will likely instruct their team mates to group up for their heals and to a larger degree max 5 being effected means these Dominator abilities have a increased chance at being useful as counters.
    Thoughts?

Maybe I read it wrong, but I thought they were reducing the number of targets affected, not the range?

no, these changes are not going live in their current form

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...s-vs-Hot-fixes

mages are getting buffed... yes, really....

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Naaul View Post
    Maybe I read it wrong, but I thought they were reducing the number of targets affected, not the range?
    Motif of regeneration was to be moved to 24 points instead of 12 and become a personal buff on the rogue which effects max 5 targets. This should translate to smaller teams in pvp warfronts and dominators having a bigger impact on those teams.

@Redcruxs, is the hotfix not going to live now? Sorry I'm a bit tired of late and finding the trolls/crying hard to navigate useful information. Can you link to a purple post with evidence of this?

there is a link in my post above, purple post

the hotfix patchnotes were improperly copy/pasted from the alpha patchnotes

the dev's have stated that those changes were just something that they were playing around with... NOT GOING LIVE

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    there is a link in my post above, purple post

the hotfix patchnotes were improperly copy/pasted from the alpha patchnotes

the dev's have stated that those changes were just something that they were playing around with... NOT GOING LIVE
    Sorry, I failed to see that in the link you provided. Well I suppose that un-hinges any 5 man v's 5 man I had hoped would be the result of the hotfix. Needless to say, Dominator has many strengths. Even if only for the 50% damage buff.

+ Reply to Thread