+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage Buffs inc

Default Mage Buffs inc

Mage buffs inc

Quote:

"As promised Mages will be seeing a general bump in both survability and DPS, as well as a few additional tweaks that will be helpful in PVP. That being said please don’t expect to see a massive boost, Mages definitely needed some love, but at the same time some of that comes from tuning down other calling builds that were too good."

Sabs and dps warriors getting toned down.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...s-vs-Hot-fixes

More breaking news after these commercials from our sponsors.
    Last edited by ImAwake; 03-23-2011 at 12:39 AM.

Rift Disciple

"Good news everyone!"
    - Professor Farnsworth

Soulwalker

I wanted to point it out when i read the thread about the chloro nerf. Perhaps the mage bumb includes a good response for the reduced groupheal.

Long overdue...

My guild is swapping out mages for warriors and rogues for dps in Raids. Furthermore, all 6 mages in my guild were / are rerolling other classes because they were so disgusted with their class. Several also are considering leaving the game. We DID loose several PRIOR to launch because the mage got nerfed in alpha/beta.

Pretty sad when a warrior out-classes a Mage in DPS.

Let's see what this balance pass accomplishes. If it does not bring mage up to par with other classes, I'm going to be rerolling. That won't make me very happy. In addition, I most likely won't renew my sub after my 3 months is up.

Plane Walker

They will buff chloro mancer's LGV from 10 man to 5 man, as well as RS, it gets 16% of chance to proc fully specced! Rejoice!

Quote Originally Posted by Zabalah View Post
    Long overdue...

My guild is swapping out mages for warriors and rogues for dps in Raids. Furthermore, all 6 mages in my guild were / are rerolling other classes because they were so disgusted with their class. Several also are considering leaving the game. We DID loose several PRIOR to launch because the mage got nerfed in alpha/beta.

Pretty sad when a warrior out-classes a Mage in DPS.

Let's see what this balance pass accomplishes. If it does not bring mage up to par with other classes, I'm going to be rerolling. That won't make me very happy. In addition, I most likely won't renew my sub after my 3 months is up.
    I think the point Trion is going with is that other classes need to be brought down, not so much that mages need to be brought up. I tend to agree. I think besides a few tweaks, mages are fine and don't need huge buffs. The problem at this point isn't that mages are bad by themselves, it's that warriors are so good that mages look trivial. Their damage is too high in both PvE and PvP compared to the other callings, so toning them down is in itself a mage buff.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by noche View Post
    They will buff chloro mancer's LGV from 10 man to 5 man, as well as RS, it gets 16% of chance to proc fully specced! Rejoice!
    You have no idea yet how much the chloro's DPS (and thus LGV heals) will go up. Chloros are pretty good healers now. The DPS increase would unquestionably make them overpowered without a nerf of some sort. The question is how the buff and nerf balance out.

Without a chloro nerf of some sort, the entire mage calling buff would have to be lessened. Very few people would suggest that current chloros have no place in a group. Many have suggested that about much of the rest of the calling. How can Trion buff the rest of the calling sufficiently without making chloros the obvious game-wide choice for healing?
    Last edited by Sarg; 03-23-2011 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImAwake View Post
    I think the point Trion is going with is that other classes need to be brought down, not so much that mages need to be brought up. I tend to agree. I think besides a few tweaks, mages are fine and don't need huge buffs. The problem at this point isn't that mages are bad by themselves, it's that warriors are so good that mages look trivial. Their damage is too high in both PvE and PvP compared to the other callings, so toning them down is in itself a mage buff.
    I agree with your statement. If we get our place back in raids, and we are regarded as a contributing class, that will renew my enthusiasm. But right now, its an effort to log on and play my Mage, especially when my Raid Leader asks me to sit out yet one more raid and rolls in a warrior.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zabalah View Post
    I agree with your statement. If we get our place back in raids, and we are regarded as a contributing class, that will renew my enthusiasm. But right now, its an effort to log on and play my Mage, especially when my Raid Leader asks me to sit out yet one more raid and rolls in a warrior.
    I don't buy it. Every time they say they are going to buff us, they nerf us. What buffs will we get this time?

-- They will totally WTFBBQ!!!1111!!!Pwn!!! the warlock soul making it only buff its own damage.

---- Such changes may or may not include:

* Nerfing Shadow Life to not heal you, only give you 10-25% health, only last for 10 seconds, or have double the cool down. Devs get 10 points each for each of those changes they make.

* Moving Opportunity to a T5/6 area and making it a 1/2/3/4/5% chance for an instant cast.

* Changing Potency from 1/2/3/4/5% critical chance to +5/10/15/20/25 Spell Power (no, those are NOT %s)

* Warlock Armor changed from +2% spell damage to +1 evil looking bat flying around you per level.

-- They will remove or halve the damage of Soul Purge.

-- They will remove Ground of Strength or change it so it does something stupid like give you extra armor, end, and int while you stand in it.

+ Reply to Thread