+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: On Mage Feedback (The truth)

Champion

Default On Mage Feedback (The truth)

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1598/trionmages.png

(I hope Trion have a sense of humour and can laugh at themselves; everyone else is).
    Last edited by woopedazz; 03-23-2011 at 12:06 AM.

5 stars, will read again.

Grade A stuff.

Soulwalker

Excellent. =)

Soulwalker

had to laugh...

strangely also made me a bit sad seeing the fate of mages

Very good

I'm staying quietly optimistic. The Mage tweaks needed are a lot less extreme than people like to think so I think Trion are biding their time to be sure they don't swing the pendulum in the opposite direction. The last thing the Mage community needs is a massive buff only to be deemed overpowered and later nerfed. That would sting a lot more than having to wait a bit longer for the tweaks!
    Xiomaro
    High Elf Mage

Rift Disciple

yea, i find it too. Mage burst in pyro is insane BUT... yes there is BUT... its OP when i got all my cd rdy, so i can countdown, fireball, fulmi in one sec. BUT then i need 45sec to do it again, OR i need to get lucky to get cinder PROC. I dont find LUCK on PROC to be a good mechanic to allow us to burst.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Xiomaro View Post
    Very good

I'm staying quietly optimistic. The Mage tweaks needed are a lot less extreme than people like to think so I think Trion are biding their time to be sure they don't swing the pendulum in the opposite direction. The last thing the Mage community needs is a massive buff only to be deemed overpowered and later nerfed. That would sting a lot more than having to wait a bit longer for the tweaks!
    I'd suggest elemental needs a massive overhaul, archon and chloro need bug fixes. *Insert other souls here.*

I'm sure it will come; sooner rather than later

Funny, yet depressingly true... at least the Chloro nerf.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by woopedazz View Post
    I'd suggest elemental needs a massive overhaul, archon and chloro need bug fixes. *Insert other souls here.*

I'm sure it will come; sooner rather than later
    Necro and Warlock dots need to have thier dmg doubled.
    Necro needs a little more fleshing out. They need something to increase thier survivability in pvp. Perhaps a skill that would allow the pet to absorb some of the damage done to the mage and a self heal that would allow necros to tap thier pet for health.

Archon I would like to see thier buff duration increased so it isnt such a chore to play.

Elementalists is a pretty good tree but their pets need to be reworked. I would say thier damage needs to be doubled. Also the debuffs to increase thier damage and the necro pets damage needs to have thier duration increased. Actually I would rather get rid of them altogether and just have the bonus's made passive.

Chloro needs to have thier damage increased big time. Perhaps the healing offered from that damage can be toned down to compensate.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by jereome View Post
    Chloro needs to have thier damage increased big time. Perhaps the healing offered from that damage can be toned down to compensate.
    Chloro was always meant to allow mages to heal though, as far as I understand it.

Mages have plenty of other DPS souls at their disposal... I'd rather not take away from one of the roles that mages can fill. Typically, mages can do dps or healing. Being reduced to an off healer only would be disheartening to say the least.

@OP: That picture is hilarious lol =)

Telaran

thanks, I needed that LOL

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by jereome View Post
    Necro and Warlock dots need to have thier dmg doubled.
    Necro needs a little more fleshing out. They need something to increase thier survivability in pvp. Perhaps a skill that would allow the pet to absorb some of the damage done to the mage and a self heal that would allow necros to tap thier pet for health.

Archon I would like to see thier buff duration increased so it isnt such a chore to play.

Elementalists is a pretty good tree but their pets need to be reworked. I would say thier damage needs to be doubled. Also the debuffs to increase thier damage and the necro pets damage needs to have thier duration increased. Actually I would rather get rid of them altogether and just have the bonus's made passive.

DOT Dps is Fine.(something like 50% of my dps (~650 or so dps as lock/necro) is dots.

A 51 point elementalist pet only does ~30 less dps than a 51 point necro. We're talking ~160 vs 190 dps. Not that big a difference. While elementalist has a slew of problems, pet dps isn't the issue, personal dps is.

EDIT: Elementalist debuff management, also an issue. Really need to make crystalline missiles debuff really needs to proc more :|
    Last edited by Juff; 03-23-2011 at 06:02 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Cazi View Post
    Chloro was always meant to allow mages to heal though, as far as I understand it.

Mages have plenty of other DPS souls at their disposal... I'd rather not take away from one of the roles that mages can fill. Typically, mages can do dps or healing. Being reduced to an off healer only would be disheartening to say the least.

@OP: That picture is hilarious lol =)
    Seems to me Chloro was meant to heal while dealing damage, which changes things a bit. You just said it yourself "Typically, mages can do dps or healing". Generally not both at the same time. But Chloromancer can and does.

Logically, it shouldn't do the the same DPS as a dedicated damager dealer. Nor the healing of a dedicated healer. Off healer might be the intent.

This thread made me feel happy inside, the rage just melted away and was replaced by a warm feeling of satisfaction.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast