+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warlock rotation and Dot macros

Default Warlock rotation and Dot macros

Hey.

I just started playing Rift and i love it, I started out as a Pyro and now i wanted to try something new. I have a question for you Warlocks out there.

whitch skill rotation do u use ? and is there any good dot macros that ppl are using, There are so meny skills and i dont know where to start

thnx for the help

/Junta

Default bomp

bump

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by h4mmar View Post
    Hey.

I just started playing Rift and i love it, I started out as a Pyro and now i wanted to try something new. I have a question for you Warlocks out there.

whitch skill rotation do u use ? and is there any good dot macros that ppl are using, There are so meny skills and i dont know where to start

thnx for the help

/Junta
    Sorry, but macro's do not work for DoTs. The way the macros work is if a spell is on cooldown it will look to the next spell. Since DoTs generally don't have cooldowns there is no castsequence or equivalent.

Soulwalker

Not to mention the rotation is simple enough that a macro isn't even necessary anyway

Prophet of Telara

Some macro's will work with Warlock and more macro's work with a warlock paired with say Dominator or chloromancer(maybe other souls but my experience is limited to these).

here's one simply macro I use for my Warlock/Chloro/Archmage which is predominantly a pvp role but still find it useful in some pve.

#show Living Shell
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Living Shell
    cast Shadow Life

The trick I found with macro's in rift is to not have too many spells firing from within one macro. Even on my warrior and rogue I will keep spells visible so I can track there cooldowns better. SOuls that rely on tab targeting shouldn't use macro's for this, as it can undermine the order to fire each ability on each mob. But I do find my spell bars are less confusing and keybinds for each situation are simplified with some macro's.

Rift macro's are only ever going to be one button press per spell cast( Think wow stance changing macro's when they weren't OP) . The highest spell is always the first priority, so grouping spells which have a cooldown (dominator has loads) with spells that are instant means two abilities will fire sequentially after two key presses.
    Buffs may have a cooldown some souls allow all your buffs to be bound to one macro.
    Last edited by Detill5869; 03-23-2011 at 05:45 AM. Reason: thought of something else

thnx for the replays. Should u start the rotation whit some dots or nukes ? sometimes it feels like when i dot a target and start nuking the dots fade away to fast hehe, anyways how does the basic Warlock spell rotation look like ?

Prophet of Telara

I'd suggest watching some warlock videos on your video site of choice (mine is youtube). Most of it will revolve around life leach on all mobs, finding the main target for your void bolt spam or life leaching each mob then cycling through each mob to maintain your life leach with void bolts. Applying the other dots appropriately and later using your charge spells to AE or your target for effect spells. I have personally found the necro soul stronger at AE survivability but only because at low levels the soul purge is very strong, pet dps is good and paired with warlock opportunity procs make things faster. This soul also at high level has a feign death which if you stuffed up on your expectations you can save your self every 1 min.
    Search the mage sub forums, there are a number of contributors in other posts that will give you a better insight into how these souls perform.

Shadowlander

I found that Neddra's Grasp has a cooldown of 10seconds, and a duration of 15, but most classes do something 5 times in 10 seconds to use up all the charges except for mage type mobs. So I've started macroing Neddra's Grasp with Void Bolt so I can spam it. If I ever go deep enough into Warlock for Radiate Death, I might make this kind of macro

#show Void Bolt
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Neddra's Grasp
    cast Radiate Death
    cast Void Bolt
    cast Dark Touch

Toss Dark Touch on the target, then spam macro. Keeps Grasp up on target, throws out Radiate Death to spread Grasp and Dark Touch to surrounding targets, and tosses void bolt otherwise. You still need a Dark Touch button as this macro almost never casts it.

As to why I put Dark Touch at the end of the macro? Void Bolt has a cast time but no cooldown, so it will always be chosen over Dark Touch, thus Dark Touch will never be cast by this macro while standing still. However, if you are moving and it can't cast Void Bolt (no Opportunity Proc), it'll toss up Dark Touch. I put an instant cast at the end of my various macros so that if I am on the move, I am not wasting key presses. You could put any instant cast spell here.
    Last edited by Teknique; 03-23-2011 at 07:40 AM.

+ Reply to Thread