+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lock/Necro

Soulwalker

Default Lock/Necro

Ok, played to 40 now and stayed with my lock/Necro build the whole way. Played other classes as well up to 27 on a cleric and warrior.

What I have learned, pets cant hold aggro if there life depended on it (yes i dumped 12 points into necro for the better pet). I can yank any and all mobs within 2 casts if not sooner, I was great at solo leveling until about 28 then it got tough, it was a struggle all thru the 30s and i now have the next level of improved pets but i do not expect any better aggro holding abilities.

Is the lack of tanking/aggro control as intended? Sadly i can also watch my pet get nearly 1 shot on some mobs and if he/ it grabs a couple or is unlucky enough to get a pat add it is over dead on the side of the road.

In an instance I stopped hoping to keep him alive and just leave him on the side of the road. However the aoe in instances is quite nice most groups love to see the radiant spores on top of very nice dps to all the mobs.

If I wanted a nearly useless pet i would run a cleric and get the dumb druid faerie that does heal and kinda? dps.

So are you guys (Trion) gonna buff my pet? I wear cloth i need something to keep at least a single target off me (which to date has never happened)and he be able to stay alive in an instance past the first mobs. Has anyone had there pet keep the mob off them? I would need to use the brutally slow wand dps and heal him constantly (and it still may not work) to keep a mob off this clothie.

I am not asking for a buff in our skills or talents just make our pets viable if not let me wear chain or up my spells to drop things faster

My 2 sense thank you for the chance to share

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Would View Post
    Ok, played to 40 now and stayed with my lock/Necro build the whole way. Played other classes as well up to 27 on a cleric and warrior.

What I have learned, pets cant hold aggro if there life depended on it (yes i dumped 12 points into necro for the better pet). I can yank any and all mobs within 2 casts if not sooner, I was great at solo leveling until about 28 then it got tough, it was a struggle all thru the 30s and i now have the next level of improved pets but i do not expect any better aggro holding abilities.

Is the lack of tanking/aggro control as intended? Sadly i can also watch my pet get nearly 1 shot on some mobs and if he/ it grabs a couple or is unlucky enough to get a pat add it is over dead on the side of the road.

In an instance I stopped hoping to keep him alive and just leave him on the side of the road. However the aoe in instances is quite nice most groups love to see the radiant spores on top of very nice dps to all the mobs.

If I wanted a nearly useless pet i would run a cleric and get the dumb druid faerie that does heal and kinda? dps.

So are you guys (Trion) gonna buff my pet? I wear cloth i need something to keep at least a single target off me (which to date has never happened)and he be able to stay alive in an instance past the first mobs. Has anyone had there pet keep the mob off them? I would need to use the brutally slow wand dps and heal him constantly (and it still may not work) to keep a mob off this clothie.

I am not asking for a buff in our skills or talents just make our pets viable if not let me wear chain or up my spells to drop things faster

My 2 sense thank you for the chance to share

i totally agree on the aggro part even with DC stack on Knight it seems it will hit me after a while and Knight deal ****ty dmg and can aggro for long .... i like to use zealot a lot BUT it doesnt even Hold aggro at all , what i do was just tank it SP and let my pet as a DPS

Um if you only put 12 points in necro your pet stops leveling at 30 I think

Telaran

I think you need to rethink something. Investing just 12 points into a tree shouldn't give you some awesome tank or dps pet. I don't have any problems with my knight keeping aggro, because I wanted my pet to hold aggro so I invested in the talents that boost him. I have a thread on this same forum, with links to a few videos I have on youtube about it.

Many people I talk to go necro/lock for the dps and to only use the dps pet. I say I don't want to deal with trading off aggro all the time and I want a strong pet for PvE so I use the Knight and spec 38 into the necro tree for a strong pet tank spec. I'm then usually met with "w/e dude you don't have as much dps as me with my points in warlock."

Then people come here and say "WTF i'm a necro/lock and my pet can't hold aggro!"

Sustained DPS in PvE with great survivability I've found necro/chloro best.
    Better DPS than that and you're risking getting beat on as the pet can't keep up with your dps. Also, I hope you're not having your DPS pet auto-casting his detaunt skill for more dps, then complaining he doesn't hold aggro well...

-Roshambo
    (Check out my videos if you'd like to see the real easy mode way of PvE, while not as quick kills as necro/lock or pyro builds, I don't complain about dying or aggro because they aren't an issue or frustration I have to deal with, I'm just cruising along fine).

Telaran

I actually switched to Necro/Lock cuz my ele/storm had an even MORE useless pet. Necro Pets trump Ele pets, so count your blessings.

Soulwalker

I would suggest a change from Lock/Necro to Necro/Lock. Your pet will be able to hold aggro, and thus you'll kill things quicker (less time spent wanding and more time spent Soul Purging).

Yeah.. you need the knight to hold agro; not the first tank pet.
    [b]Shard: Endless░░░░░IGN: Partyrock░░░░░Mage░░░░░Currently: Chloro/Lock/Archmage

Plane Touched

Do people not realize that the Zealot's attacks lower his aggro while the Knight's up his in an AoE fashion? I used necro to level all the way to 50 and never had a problem when I stole hate from my pet since the mob dies fast enough. Necrosis > Dark touch > Void Bolt > Soul Purge > Done.

Telaran

pets level with rank so remember to rank up your spells the only difrence between the first and Swarth and the second Knight is the knight gets an AOE taunt with stacks of DC. you have 3 abilities a week taunt a strong taunt that works with necrosis and a medium AOE taunt that works with stacks of DC. you need to put necrosis on each mob and attack it with the pet befor you use grave rot on top of that the aoe taunt is on a 15 second cool down so take it off auto and fier it after you get your stacks of DC
    1-2 mobs easy
    3-4 gets cubersum but should be able to keep arrgo
    5+ mobs hard will lose arrgo but can get it back.
    elite mobs some just loose arrgo some dont got to find out which is which.

remember to keep up Necrosis
    DC allso give you 6% damage reduction if you spec 3 points in to knight skills clatering bones and you will have to put 28 points in to necro for it.
    More End will boost you HP and your pets and Incress the amount Life shift heals for.

Good luck Necro played well is micro management hell.

+ Reply to Thread