+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chloro nerfs NINJA'D!

Default Chloro nerfs NINJA'D!

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...am-GMT-23-3-11

Patch notes have been changed, along with this lovely message:

"Edited out some additional changes that are in the next update. Sneak peek'd!"

Enjoy your chloros while you still can. MAGE RAGE FTW

lol at that.

Plane Walker

Interesting because it could be against the backdrop of much broader sweeping changes. Perhaps the nerfs and buffs will land in such a way that the bigger pictures looks better.

Perhaps.

Soulwalker

or its because the first payment cycle would have already went through by then :P and did not as of yet.

Rift Disciple

If those were really meant as Alpha notes, then it does make sense that they would test to what extent they could tone down healing without completely destroying the class.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by rainyman View Post
    If those were really meant as Alpha notes, then it does make sense that they would test to what extent they could tone down healing without completely destroying the class.
    Not only are they currently testing the effects, people are overlooking any potential changes in the mage calling in general, or in other callings that can drastically change the effect either directly or relative to other souls.

As soon as a patch note does not say "increased X damage by X", people throw a massive fit. It actually makes me wish that all of these people were actually canceling like they say they are.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHZ - O/C - Running 24/7 at 4.2GHZ
    GPU: 2x XFX Radeon 6970 2GB Crossfire - O/C to 935/1435
    Display: 3x ASUS 24" Monitors in Eyefinity(3240x1920)
    HDD: 4x WD Caviar Black 640gb 7200 RPM in RAID 10
    MB+RAM: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 890FX -- Ballistix Tracer 6GB DDR3
    Cooling: Water cooled on a 3x120 rad. Running 10x120mm Yate Loons + 1x200mm Big Boy Fan

Shadowlander

It's hard to worry about the forest over the trees when they're chopping down a bunch of the trees. And kicking some wandering minstrels in the nads for fun.
    Last edited by Haette; 03-22-2011 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceheart View Post
    or its because the first payment cycle would have already went through by then :P and did not as of yet.
    That's what I'm thinking. It seems a few mages on the forum were already threatening to cancel or change their subs.
    Cataclysm broke WoW, but resilience will fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Devicus View Post
    Interesting because it could be against the backdrop of much broader sweeping changes. Perhaps the nerfs and buffs will land in such a way that the bigger pictures looks better.

Perhaps.
    Perhaps. But my cancellation today stands. Yes I cancelled because of their seemingly foolish and narrow-minded nerf. I'll continue to watch to see what transpires, but no way in hell am I paying for 3-months knowing some of what I know now without having the bigger picture.
    Overwhelming Positive Response to RvR which was irresponsibly locked here http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...hat-we-want-it but re-started here with overwhelming supoprt and locked again http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ant-it-quot-II With a total of over 400 pages, mostly in positive support, why is Trion seemingly trying to shut down any interest now? Now players are continuing to rise up here again in favor of RvR: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...our-subs-Trion

Soulwalker

Pardon me for being blind, but what is the nerf?

edit: nm, i found it. might be helpful to include that info in the op.

thx
    Last edited by Touchstone; 03-22-2011 at 08:35 PM.

I have no problem with the proposed 'changes' if it's part of a larger picture, but as it stood it seriously made ME want to cancel. I was thinking "eh, less than a month in, I can find something else to play".

Perhaps they do listen to their customer base, time will tell.
    One by one... they take aim at themselves and fire. This is like letting your opponent beat themselves...

Soulwalker

Or they just realizedthose changes should be made after the first free month is over.

It won't change much though if they don't get rid of the WF Afktards
    Tearfall Guardian
    <TOG>
    Sticky - Chloro Fingers
    Pointy - Backstabber
    Clumsy - Ragemiget

I have 12Days left and was locked into their special 6-month membership.

I wouldn't mind the the Chloro nerfs if we weren't pigeonholed into playing the soul in the first place....

Our DPS is sub-par compared to other classes.. and this is the first priority?

I see why you pulled it, you put it back without proper adjustments to the Mage class, I'm taking that $60 and buying Crysis 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciik View Post
    Perhaps. But my cancellation today stands. Yes I cancelled because of their seemingly foolish and narrow-minded nerf. I'll continue to watch to see what transpires, but no way in hell am I paying for 3-months knowing some of what I know now without having the bigger picture.
    Wait, they're narrow-minded? Ok. Seriously cancelling a sub over 1 announcement of a change to 1 soul that has since been told its part of the next patch, which nobody has seen the rest of the notes regarding other class changes - is as narrow-minded as it gets. (theres no need to wait till the next patch if there is no other class changes in that one btw)

I dont get this whole demand to know everything that trion knows as soon as anyone asks for it. Its a bit like demanding you see your christmas presents a week early because THEEY ARREE MIIIIIIIIIIINE *bangs fists and crys* - then threatens his parents that he will run away and find new parents if they dont let him.

Shadowlander

It is very sad how everyone is so quick to scream the sky is falling. A few lines of test notes taken out of context mean nothing. If you want to throw a fit at least wait untill the whole of the notes come out.

Perhaps there are sweeping changes to all splash healing? Its not unreasonable you get 3 splash healing classes together and it starts to make the game way to easy. This is my opinion of course Trions test will show if its true or not. Also am still holding onto hope that mages will get some love.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast