+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I think the real reason why we're offended at Trion about recent changes..

Soulwalker

Default I think the real reason why we're offended at Trion about recent changes..

It is not that the Chloromancer needed a nerf - perhaps it was imbalanced when it came to PVP and raid healing, and perhaps this was warranted in a grand scheme that would have an appropriate balance in each calling for healing.

However,
    My issue is that they have decided to nerf us at all while under the premise of "we're looking at the mage class to address some issues" : the nerfs to Chloromancer were apparently more important to them to warrant a change IN A HOTFIX than any of the other issues in the calling. To me, it would make sense to leave a fully-functional soul (in this case, the Chloromancer) as apart of the weak Mage calling than to tune a popular and completely viable healing spec.

Rift Disciple

The developers sided with the Templars in DA2.

Look Guys The Nerf are warrent , if any of u watched flamu pvp video would have known that chloro/lock is pretty much overpwered and it got what it deserved , however about warriors , yes they do need some sort of tweaking but warriors barely manage to win anything 1v1 , what makes them good in warfront are the healbots behind them thats about it

and no im not a warrior , im a melee rogue who destroys warriors 1v1

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ManOwaRR View Post
    Look Guys The Nerf are warrent , if any of u watched flamu pvp video would have known that chloro/lock is pretty much overpwered and it got what it deserved , however about warriors , yes they do need some sort of tweaking but warriors barely manage to win anything 1v1 , what makes them good in warfront are the healbots behind them thats about it

Yes, a solo lock/chloro is overpowered because he killed unsuspecting people in world pvp while not wearing any chest/belt/pants/hat/gloves (5 pieces of 20 total).
    Or in port scion as Pyro with a pocket healer and playing it like a deathmatch when the enemy is playing the objective.

You clearly have a firm grasp of this game.

And you have no clue what your talking about when it comes to Choloromancers. Good day to you sir. I say good day.
    Doom doom doom doom doomy doomy doom doomy doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doomy doom

The Chloro Mantra : "My nukes are my heals... My nukes are my heals.... My nukes are my heals...."~ XtremElement

Rift Disciple

Honestly the LGV heals were affecting wayyyy to many people, LGV should be 9+ your synth target going as a smart heal radiant spores nerf was overkill imo.

Chloros will still be able to heal after these changes. I have level my chloro from 20-40 through instances. . . clerics cannot even come to close what i can do in heals right now, and i can do 140 dps on bosses while healing which is just xtra damage for free.

Chloro single target heals are AMAZING as long as u dont get resisted. . . . . which honestly chloros need a talent that makes their life spells irresistible, photogenises would be a good target to add this too to make up for the nerf on it.

Radiant spores was also probably in need of a nerf, imo 10 and 10% would be fine with a buff to stream of reclamation, i.e. upping the percent and buff duration, so a mage can use that to counter an aoe burst from a boss, it should last atleast 12secs after the channel, and put the proc to 50%, OR last 6 seconds and 100% proc.

Trion even stated their goal is to not have everything in 100% balance since it is so easy to change specs, which to me means that chloro should be competitive with clerics for healing and be able to damage to keep their playstyle which is very fun and at a high skill cap than clerics.

Soulwalker

i just feel that they should actually start to boast up mage a bit rather then making them even wealk with the new nerf upcoming i dont see any thing about mage anymore im kinda of give up on this mage

im a lvl 31 Nerco/lock?chlo

Rift Disciple

My real issue with the change is the nerf to radiant spores. I understand toning down aoe healing, but cutting radiant spores in half nerfs my single target heals on the tank too, and was the only real source of heals in between nukes. If they want to gut radiant spores, they need to fix LGV to function fully with dots so that I can have some semblance of healing while charging up my 2.5 sec cast on Nature's Touch.

I'm wondering if the OP's name is a cunning ruse or an amusing coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    This thread screams, " I'm glad healing is getting nerfed..now please dont quit healing us."

Shadowlander

imho, really all they did was bring down the souls insane viablity in PVP, turning Lifegiving veils heal into a instance style aoe smart heal instead of raid wide (which pretty much guarenteed that they topped healing in raids, no if/ands/buts. more often than naught).

And since we haven't seen ALL the patch notes yet; They might be getting a buff elsewhere, people should calm the heck down

tau
    Rift Chaser

Troll on...

Nerf rogues.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by dissapointment View Post
    It is not that the Chloromancer needed a nerf - perhaps it was imbalanced when it came to PVP and raid healing, and perhaps this was warranted in a grand scheme that would have an appropriate balance in each calling for healing.

However,
    My issue is that they have decided to nerf us at all while under the premise of "we're looking at the mage class to address some issues" : the nerfs to Chloromancer were apparently more important to them to warrant a change IN A HOTFIX than any of the other issues in the calling. To me, it would make sense to leave a fully-functional soul (in this case, the Chloromancer) as apart of the weak Mage calling than to tune a popular and completely viable healing spec.

the reason is that you assume that "looking at mages" means "looking for mage buffs we can make" when it could mean, look at all parts of mages, those too strong and those too weak - if they deemed chloro too strong then how did they come about that - was it because everyone tells ppl just get the soul for spores... dont even need to spend points in it ... maybe they thought orly? well we make ppl spend points to maximise pets past 30 and a lot of them so chloro needs more than a 0 pt investment too etc.

hehe it fits that "be careful what you ask for" - they may have actually looked after all - they may continue to look too and make more adjustments that please you - never know
    Last edited by Fernt; 03-22-2011 at 09:14 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Morrisa View Post
    imho, really all they did was bring down the souls insane viablity in PVP, turning Lifegiving veils heal into a instance style aoe smart heal instead of raid wide (which pretty much guarenteed that they topped healing in raids, no if/ands/buts. more often than naught).

And since we haven't seen ALL the patch notes yet; They might be getting a buff elsewhere, people should calm the heck down
    What insane PVP viability? Any smart team will attack the enemy's healers or mitigate the healing with healing debuffs - heck, I would wager that my healing is reduced 20% from a lone pet attacking me. And on top of that, the Mage's Chloromancer soulc is the weakest defensively when compared to Purifier or Warden.

Almost any soul can have "insane viability" in PvP if it is ignored.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by dissapointment View Post
    What insane PVP viability? Any smart team will attack the enemy's healers or mitigate the healing with healing debuffs - heck, I would wager that my healing is reduced 20% from a lone pet attacking me. And on top of that, the Mage's Chloromancer soulc is the weakest defensively when compared to Purifier or Warden.

Almost any soul can have "insane viability" in PvP if it is ignored.
    That! And chloro REALLY has low CC, low survivability and long cd direct heals, while having only one no spammable insta dd and two longer-than-you-can-imagine castable dmg which converts to heals.

That guy survived coz he used most cds from WARLOCK tree... geezes, I wonder if class design just watch some videos and see a mage killing ppl after god knows how long time... "omg, how can a mage survive? No way! Let's nerf it!"

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by noche View Post
    That! And chloro REALLY has low CC, low survivability and long cd direct heals, while having only one no spammable insta dd and two longer-than-you-can-imagine castable dmg which converts to heals.

That guy survived coz he used most cds from WARLOCK tree... geezes, I wonder if class design just watch some videos and see a mage killing ppl after god knows how long time... "omg, how can a mage survive? No way! Let's nerf it!"
    exactly.

that's why i'm incllined to say that trion either has no class/soul designer AT ALL or just a perma drunken bum doing this job. i got this impression during beta and it didn't change.

they got good world, sound and graphics designers though. i wonder if that - and the good basic idea of flexible souls - is enough to survive in this merciless melting pot of MMOs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast