+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AOE Grind Build ?

Soulwalker

Default AOE Grind Build ?

Is there some sort of aoe grind build, like for example an affliction lock in WoW ? I am level 20 now and single killing mobs is really getting boring.

Champion

Well, as far as souls go, the Storm Caller is going to be your AoE soul. Looking at the others they have very little in terms of 'AoE'. You'd probably be good going for many points in Storm Caller for 'maximum' AoE Potential, however I can't say you'll do a ton of dmg, or even solo more than 3 creatures very fast.

That is unless you got a warrior tanking, and possibly someone healing to.

Pyro is definately your single target DPS class (I haven't looked to deeply at it, but that seems to be the way it goes)

Dom only has one 'aoe' that may or may not benefit from Stormcaller, other than that, nothing in dom is really going to help you at AoEing. (AoE is pretty much the anthesis to CC)

Could go lock, cause at least the dmg buff is universal...

You might want to take a look at my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjIgeIJ8efg

This build will work since lvl 22. All you need is Devouring Shadows in Warlock and Phytogenesis in Chloro for aoe spores.

Kimb im so glad someone else spotted that same build too.

Rift Disciple

The hotfix that hit the European servers an hour ago or so will make this build much less powerful. It's likely still one of the two (only) decent soloing builds for mages, together with heavy necro, but it won't be anything like the options other callings have.

Not sure yet what I want to do with my own chloromancer. Soloing seems even more of a pain in the behind than it already was for mages.
    History is not written by those who are right,
    But by those who are left.

Soulwalker

Well I leveled to 22 this morning to try the build, with some weak hitting mobs it works ok but when i try 3 Trolls for example I am already almost dead when the 3rd one is in AOE range.

Pulling with Dark Touch only, dead for sure once all mobs are rounded up. Pulling with Life Leech and Dark Touch on each of the 3 Mobs gives me enough time to gather the 3 up and start with Entropic Veil + Devouring Shadows but those 3 Trolls still hit harder than the healing ticks I get.

Maybe this build is good at higher levels but right now it feels rather weak.

Pull with Withering Vines (I think that's the right name, the damage+hot Chloro ability) instead, the extra healing helps a lot.

I also used a Lock/Chloro build while leveling and could safely pull 5 mobs per pull and up to 10 with cooldowns in the 40-49 bracket. When duo'ing with a friend who was running Justicar, we were able to do pulls of stupid size - sometimes 30-40 mobs when invasions stacked up.
    Defiant Mage <Roots>
    Guardian Mage <Crowd Control> - inactive
    #crowdcontrol irc.quakenet.org
    Staff Writer for Rift Junkies.
    DAoC/Warhammer/Aion/Rift PvP videos@YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Elendhriel View Post
    Well I leveled to 22 this morning to try the build, with some weak hitting mobs it works ok but when i try 3 Trolls for example I am already almost dead when the 3rd one is in AOE range.

Pulling with Dark Touch only, dead for sure once all mobs are rounded up. Pulling with Life Leech and Dark Touch on each of the 3 Mobs gives me enough time to gather the 3 up and start with Entropic Veil + Devouring Shadows but those 3 Trolls still hit harder than the healing ticks I get.

Maybe this build is good at higher levels but right now it feels rather weak.
    You have to choose your mobs wisely. You cant AoE any type of mobs effectively.

Animals are the best. Some still hit harder then others. You do need to SPEND TIME and find a good spot.

Next, watch very closely at my video. U have to refresh DS after 2 ticks, because thats all u will get if u are attacked by more than 2 mobs.

And the last: u have to stack HP to make it more safe and comfortable to grind.

+ Reply to Thread