+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyro: Looking for tips for simplifying Interalize Charge

Default Pyro: Looking for tips for simplifying Interalize Charge

Hey all I am trying to simplify using Internalize Charge. Currently I use it prior to any insta that I need to cast, including the duration of Wildfire. I find toggling it prior to every spell somewhat cumbersome and I am looking for ideas to simplify it's use or a great macro. Thus far, I have yet to find any macros that make it any more convenient.

If anyone has come up with anything for Internalize Charge, please share.

Many thanks!

You can't macro it. I just cast it once and burn till it's gone. I know it isn't the most efficient way, but it's a lot less work.

I can't think of much besides maybe macroing it to thumb click button on your mouse or something so you can thumb click, hotkey, thumb click.

The only other option I see to get max results, which is a terrible is to make IC like your number 1 hotkey or something, and hit that then mouse click your abililties while hitting 1 a couple times before and after or whatever.

Champion of Telara

A hardware or (3rd party) software based macro would be the only way to most effectively use it. And would likely result in a fairly quick patch if widely used :-p.

IC on
    FUL
    ->dead
    IC off

--
    A poster just yesterday was trying to do the same thing via in-game macros actually. Unfortunately though, you're either going to spam IC the entire time you hit the macro, or random turn it off/on while trying to cast your spell.
    Last edited by Txzeenath; 03-22-2011 at 11:01 PM.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHZ - O/C - Running 24/7 at 4.2GHZ
    GPU: 2x XFX Radeon 6970 2GB Crossfire - O/C to 935/1435
    Display: 3x ASUS 24" Monitors in Eyefinity(3240x1920)
    HDD: 4x WD Caviar Black 640gb 7200 RPM in RAID 10
    MB+RAM: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 890FX -- Ballistix Tracer 6GB DDR3
    Cooling: Water cooled on a 3x120 rad. Running 10x120mm Yate Loons + 1x200mm Big Boy Fan

To be perfectly honest I tend to prioritise other stuff over IC anyway - Smoldering Power, Runic Shield, Fulminate all feel much more important most of the time. SP especially - you can't do damage at all without mana anyway, and Pyros burn through mana faster than almost any other soul.

With that said, saving its use for something like the end of your rotation - the last Fireball before Countdown ticks + Flame Bolt/Inferno feels like the most efficient use, also popping it alongside Heat Wave and, as you are currently doing, popping it for instas.

Given it can't be macro'ed, I think the best tip has already been mentioned - put it on a more convenient hotkey.
    Defiant Mage <Roots>
    Guardian Mage <Crowd Control> - inactive
    #crowdcontrol irc.quakenet.org
    Staff Writer for Rift Junkies.
    DAoC/Warhammer/Aion/Rift PvP videos@YouTube

Rift Disciple

its bad design IMO. I cant use IG when casting, cant use it after casting, u NEED to use it before casting to give boots to casted spell. SO i waste charge for 2sec before my fireball finish casting. ITS BAD.

They should change it to give us a buff just like smoldering power do. So i can have for example 4 IG stacks, that goues off when i cast spells,

About countdown, If i cant use IG after casting FB but before it hits target, so u dont get a buff to countdown if u didnt ised it before casting it.
    Last edited by Meloqq; 03-23-2011 at 02:31 AM.

Rift Disciple

cant edit ><, superb forum,

yea, when using spec without manaregen from lock tree, i use smol power all the time, or im out of mana after 30sec.

Quote Originally Posted by mirieth View Post
    To be perfectly honest I tend to prioritise other stuff over IC anyway - Smoldering Power, Runic Shield, Fulminate all feel much more important most of the time. SP especially - you can't do damage at all without mana anyway, and Pyros burn through mana faster than almost any other soul.

With that said, saving its use for something like the end of your rotation - the last Fireball before Countdown ticks + Flame Bolt/Inferno feels like the most efficient use, also popping it alongside Heat Wave and, as you are currently doing, popping it for instas.

Given it can't be macro'ed, I think the best tip has already been mentioned - put it on a more convenient hotkey.
    In my case, I do not use Smoldering Power since i have 8 points into Lock for Sac Life: Mana and Reconstruct which has allowed me to forgo all Pyro mana based abilities.

I do find IC adds enough burst per mob to eliminate basically one fireball from my rotation for the average mob when using it for all insta's/wildfire.

I feel that both IC and GOP to have weak mechanics. I shouldn't have to toggle IC prior to every spell cast, ideally Trion will allow us to macro it somehow. Also has anyone else noticed that you can turn off IC mid spellcast but you cannot turn it on mid spellcast? Would nice to be able to turn it on and off during a cast.

Thanks nonetheless for the replies, I was fearing that there was little that could be done to make this ability less clunky and I guess I will just keep doing what I have been doing.
    Last edited by Steelwind1; 03-23-2011 at 08:15 AM.

have you noticed how IC uses charge up MUCH quicker than the similar talented chloro version that increases all magic damage by 19%?

The stormcaller ones lasts longer too.

And so does the archon one.

I should not have said that though, they might end up nerfing the 3 longer ones.

GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, DH 4/4, GP 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11, 5/8 ID (HM, no-reflect Rusila). Recruitment is open. We are especially interested in a highly skilled mage!
    http://shoreline-guild.com

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ramea View Post
    have you noticed how IC uses charge up MUCH quicker than the similar talented chloro version that increases all magic damage by 19%?

I should not have said that though, they might end up nerfing the 3 longer ones.
    the chloro version requires specific talents in the tree.

but i do think IC drains a tad too fast, which is why i generally toggle it before or right after using instas(during the flight time of cinder is generally good, then leave it on for inferno/wildfires)

Just rework IC to stack like Smoldering Power, give it dispell immunity, and call it a day.
    Cataclysm broke WoW, but resilience will fix it!

Telaran

I like Meloqq's idea of having it give buff stacks that boost damage, rather than draining charge.
    I hate the feeling that I'm wasting charge while casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramea View Post

Yeah, IC eats charge incredibly fast. You can get maybe 3 fireballs off from 100 charge. Whereas I can make that bar last through a dozen casts as a chloro. Nor does it seem to me that pyro generates charge as fast as a standard chloro/lock build. I always feel charge starved playing pyro.

+ Reply to Thread