+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This is just stupid

Soulwalker

Default This is just stupid

I tried hard to l2p with my mage. Then I started a Warrior a guess that, now I'm a skilled dps. Stop QQing, just reroll...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by BillyB View Post
    I tried hard to l2p with my mage. Then I started a Warrior a guess that, now I'm a skilled dps. Stop QQing, just reroll...
    Spamming 2 buttons is leet skill imo

Shadowlander

Huh...or you can be like me and just be heals/support and listen to everyone cheer as you walk into a Warfront...

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Huh...or you can be like me and just be heals/support and listen to everyone cheer as you walk into a Warfront...
    I agree i get alot of cheers in warfronts when I pop in and start CCing and running support.

LF Warrior DPS for Charmers Caldera
    Wait whats wrong with this picture?!
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Be dps support and heal your team mates while killing rogues by surprising them and baiting them into your team. Popping Living shell, shadow life, wild abandon and spamming clense to lure the so called OP classes into your trap. Enjoy your warrior but don't think for a second it's the easymode you so desire.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    Be dps support and heal your team mates while killing rogues by surprising them and baiting them into your team. Popping Living shell, shadow life, wild abandon and spamming clense to lure the so called OP classes into your trap. Enjoy your warrior but don't think for a second it's the easymode you so desire.
    "Don't think for a second it's the easymode you so desire"...?

I don't understand what you're saying here. The original poster, like most people, likes to win instead of lose. Killing people in PvP is part of winning. Dying in PvP is part of losing.

As warrior, he spams 2 or 3 buttons and basically gets free valor.

It might be more fulfilling to kill someone with a weak character such as a non-pyro mage, but that's not "easymode" at all.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Thule View Post
    "Don't think for a second it's the easymode you so desire"...?

I don't understand what you're saying here. The original poster, like most people, likes to win instead of lose. Killing people in PvP is part of winning. Dying in PvP is part of losing.

As warrior, he spams 2 or 3 buttons and basically gets free valor.

It might be more fulfilling to kill someone with a weak character such as a non-pyro mage, but that's not "easymode" at all.
    I'm not saying Warlock/chloro is easymode, I'm implying that the OP would rather an easymode class and that it won't be as easy as they think.. I see more warriors dying in WF's simply because of their poor playstyles and an assumption that they can withstand any class and soul combo. If this isn't the case then they are just suiciding into our team.

Too bad Chloro just got nerfed eh? Plus healing in a pug is just plain silly. Too many times your "teammates" just let you die without even trying to cover you.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

You are right!!
    Is what everybody must do: all reroll a warrior!
    Will be funny to see only warriors in game. Maybe Trion will understand.

Soulwalker

I think l2p must mean roll a warrior in troll, because that's exactly what I did and I think I see their point now. Trying was so hard on my mage! Pressing my spam macro and my finisher macro and watching clothies of any level in the WF explode is so much more fun!

I can walk while doing like 2x+ the DPS my level 38 dom/lock does vs cloth and I also have a few snares, an AOE fear/root, a stun, a knockback and an interrupt, and I'm level 28. I can also tank other champions and sabs for more than 6 seconds.

Soulwalker

I leveled up a mage struggled through a lot of parts, especially through pvp, changed my spec probably once every 2-3 days to try to squeeze more out of him. I would say I have down one good pve solo(necro/chloro) role and one good group pve support role(chloro/archon) was still struggling to get a good pvp one down for my play style... Decided to try a rouge, its so much easier and effective in both pve and pvp. already to level 30 almost always at the top of boards for either dps/kills if I go sab or marksmen; or at the top of healing if I go bard.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Too bad Chloro just got nerfed eh? Plus healing in a pug is just plain silly. Too many times your "teammates" just let you die without even trying to cover you.
    What makes you think its just chloro thats getting changes?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tweaq View Post
    read dev posts... spore nerf from 30% to 16% fully speced, veil trigger nerfed from 10 to 5 ally.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Tweaq View Post
    If warriors were nerfed in anyway in that post (which got changed by now), you will surely see a lot of whines/cries over all the forum... now, what do u see now?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    It's a small hit to return heals off of single target damage attacks.
    This change in no way effects the build I use for pvp healing and escape from being over-stretched when healing pug teams that have less coordination that most games.
    My team mates don't need to cover me as I have said, in this thread and other's I have a skill set that will allow me breathing room and enough time to call in help or reach help.

Please try and think before using old threads as a platform to introduce new problems, personal issues you have with hot fixes.

I refer you to -
    Quote Originally Posted by Gersh_Trion View Post
    Hey everyone, I had a couple of random posts I wanted to get out tonight, one of them being on the differences between Hot Fixes and Class Balance patches.

There has been a lot of traffic on the forums questioning why we have been making small changes here and there but havenít yet put out a large patch to deal with XXX or YYY. Ultimately what it comes down to is what we do via Hot Fixes and what we do via balance passes.

Hot fixes, in general encompass easy, low risk items that traditionally target a specific ability or set of abilities that are broken and not functioning as intended, or that we find are being used to trivialize specific pieces of content. Many of these are small systematic changes in response to various events in the game, and can occur on a daily basis.

Balance Passes, are less frequent and instead target larger issues that would result in the adjustment of numerous abilities in a single class, or calling. These are the types of changes that we need to do more thorough testing on both internally and our public test servers. As such these adjustments tend to occur on a longer patch cycle frequently taking a few weeks to find their way up to the live servers.

Now that Iíve cleared that specific point up I want to go into some high level points about the upcoming balance pass that will go live with 1.1
    • We are aware of the concerns about DPS warriors reigning supreme, and weíve tracked the issue down to a couple of talents that have been seriously misbehaving. In order to not swing the pendulum completely in the opposite direction we do need to tweak a variety of other DPS abilities as well.
    • As promised Mages will be seeing a general bump in both survability and DPS, as well as a few additional tweaks that will be helpful in PVP. That being said please donít expect to see a massive boost, Mages definitely needed some love, but at the same time some of that comes from tuning down other calling builds that were too good.
    • Saboteurs will also be getting some tweaks, we want to keep the tic.ticÖticÖ.. BOOM game play that makes the saboteur so interesting and exciting, but there were definitely combinations of talents and abilities that were taking things a bit too far.

While the above covers some of the high level concerns there are numerous other changes in the pipe that we are working on, and hopefully in the next couple of days Sweet and his crew will be able to stop by and fill you in with more info, and possibly full patch notes as well

Thanks!
    -Gersh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast