+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trion, GIVE ME DPS

Shadowlander

Default Trion, GIVE ME DPS

I, personally, am tired of half of the mage souls being complete ****. Running T2 the only viable dps build for a mage is Necro/Lock (assuming your pet is safe). 51 point pyro/lock only does about 500 dps MAX, Stormcallers can get around 750 on 4 targets. (Warriors with a good champ/beastmaster/Paragon can usually get 1k, Rouges 750, dependent on roll) I rolled a mage because I looked at what the end game roll I would be playing (I assumed I wouldn't be dead weight)

From the website

Pyromance
    >Pyromancers excel at roasting their enemies

Stormcaller
    >Stormcallers weave Air and Water magic together, their spells reaching heights of devastation

Dominator
    >Dominators are the bane of enemy casters, especially healers.

I Wish /signed

This is probably the reason why there is only 3 level 50 mages in our whole guild

I play a mage. Some things I have noticed.

First things first, is it really necessary in PVE to be within a certain percentage margin of another soul to consider your toon viable for level 50 encounters? Is DPS alone the end all be all for you and your group? Is DPS the only thing that matters? Does added utility count, or the fact you can stay at range and don't have to run out of as much.

A yes answer isn't wrong, but it my be contrary to the vision Trion had for Mages. Maybe they were counting on Mages to provide a great deal of utility and buffs that melee don't bring. I'm not totally sure, but I see a lot of people complaining and no real response from Trion. They seem to be fixing problems in game fairly quickly so why nothing on Mages. Maybe they are waiting on us to figure it out... just not sure.

Couple of things I can't seem to figure out.

1) Crits: Is there a way or talent that gets Mage crits to do more than 150% damage. Inquistors can get up to 210% crit damage with talents.

2) Focus (+hit): Are there any talents for this in any of the mage trees. I see it in warrior and rogue trees but haven't found it yet in a mage tree. Is it just that melee needs more +hit than casters.

3) Are casters doing more single target damage on high movement fights? Standing still and killing a dummy in town is one thing, but when you have to be on the move casters usually do better.

4) Some of the cast times on key spells seems agonizing slow even with talents to improve them. Would spell haste lowering the GCD and cast times help improve our DPS?

Kooby

Quote Originally Posted by Kooby View Post
    1) Crits: Is there a way or talent that gets Mage crits to do more than 150% damage. Inquistors can get up to 210% crit damage with talents.

4) Some of the cast times on key spells seems agonizing slow even with talents to improve them. Would spell haste lowering the GCD and cast times help improve our DPS?

Kooby
    This^

One of the main reasons behind our lack of dps i think is that all of our souls has a cast that we spam as a filler, all of which do bad damage - cast time.

Like when i do a Voidbolt it hits from 600-700 or crits for around 900, my warrior or rogue friend will do a instant hit and do the same or more damage and then after a few secs they get a finisher which pushes them further ahead on damage.

+ Reply to Thread