+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any word on a new patch to address some of these concerns?

Rift Chaser

Default Any word on a new patch to address some of these concerns?

Ive been looking all over and yet to see any or hear any sign of a patch in the making to address these issues.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Morguen View Post
    Ive been looking all over and yet to see any or hear any sign of a patch in the making to address these issues.
    I bet we'll hear something soon, just because the free month is about over and they will have to make a statement of 'promises' to keep people subscribing.

Here's my list of what changes I need to hear to keep paying Trion

1. Warfront bots are blocked. I want a reliable system for getting rid of these jerks. I've had enough. This is probably my #1 reason for not resubbing if this isn't addressed. You can't win a warfront with 1/4 your team isn't playing. Then these bots get 80% of the same favor as I do for losing and they did absolutely nothing. This isn't fair, it isn't fun and I'm tired of it.

2. Large increased dps for mage dps souls, at the least for PvE. Mages are currently unwanted in dungeons except as Chloro, which IMO is boring to play.

3. Champion stuns reduced and overall pvp warrior dps decrease.

4. Better PvP gear rewards equivalent to T1 and T2 dungeons and the 'faction' Revered and Glorified rewards bumped to level 50 rewards (as there is currently not a way to get this much reputation at lower levels, yet the gear is all level 35 or lower)

5. Some sort of Open World RvR system plans to be implemented withing the next 3 months. There are dozens of PvE MMO games to play and not one good newer PvP MMO. An old roaming frontiers type zone with keeps and relics would keep the PvPers happy for months. If Trion passes on this chance, people wont stay. The PvErs are always going to jump to the next PvE game, PvPers tend to stay in the same games for a long time as long as its fun.

6. Better synergy for mage souls, currently only 3 mage souls 'work' with the other ones.

7. Diminishing returns fixed for all CC (stuns, fears, mez, etc)

8. Mana issues for clerics and mages addressed -- currently the mana regen rate is far to slow. Energy never seems to run out for warrior and rogues. Why should casters be any different? We sure dont do more damage or have more CC or healing.

That's my short list. Unfortunately, I'm afraid we're going to hear another 'We're looking into it type of BS response that so many of the companies make". While I agree, you cant make huge kneejerk sweeping changes, many thing just need small tweaks here and there, see how that goes and tweak some more a little bit as needed.
    Last edited by yewkon; 03-22-2011 at 07:20 AM.

i'd say that the sticky at the very top of the mage forums might just be a little hint that they are working on it....

Nice list.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by yewkon View Post
    I bet we'll hear something soon, just because the free month is about over and they will have to make a statement of 'promises' to keep people subscribing.

Here's my list of what changes I need to hear to keep paying Trion

1. Warfront bots are blocked. I want a reliable system for getting rid of these jerks. I've had enough. This is probably my #1 reason for not resubbing if this isn't addressed. You can't win a warfront with 1/4 your team isn't playing. Then these bots get 80% of the same favor as I do for losing and they did absolutely nothing. This isn't fair, it isn't fun and I'm tired of it.

2. Large increased dps for mage dps souls, at the least for PvE. Mages are currently unwanted in dungeons except as Chloro, which IMO is boring to play.

4. Better PvP gear rewards equivalent to T1 and T2 dungeons and the 'faction' Revered and Glorified rewards bumped to level 50 rewards (as there is currently not a way to get this much reputation at lower levels, yet the gear is all level 35 or lower)

5. Some sort of Open World RvR system plans to be implemented withing the next 3 months. There are dozens of PvE MMO games to play and not one good newer PvP MMO. An old roaming frontiers type zone with keeps and relics would keep the PvPers happy for months. If Trion passes on this chance, people wont stay. The PvErs are always going to jump to the next PvE game, PvPers tend to stay in the same games for a long time as long as its fun.

6. Better synergy for mage souls, currently only 3 mage souls 'work' with the other ones.

8. Mana issues for clerics and mages addressed -- currently the mana regen rate is far to slow. Energy never seems to run out for warrior and rogues. Why should casters be any different? We sure dont do more damage or have more CC or healing.

That's my short list. Unfortunately, I'm afraid we're going to hear another 'We're looking into it type of BS response that so many of the companies make". While I agree, you cant make huge kneejerk sweeping changes, many thing just need small tweaks here and there, see how that goes and tweak some more a little bit as needed.

If they started working on those, I would resub.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    i'd say that the sticky at the very top of the mage forums might just be a little hint that they are working on it....
    Since they posted that, SCer's aoe got a nerf (cd instead of no cd), archon's earthen barrage got a nerf, fixes that didn't actually fix any bug... Doesn't sound very optimistic/promising if you ask me hehe.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by yewkon View Post

all good points but these are my main points , 4 is HUGE for me , every dam mmo ive played has favored the pve players over the pvp players , always making the pve gear better than pve gear / force you into pveing if you want the better gear / weapons , therfore making me want to quit "that" game so please Trion, this mage "looking into " is a right step

Plane Walker

The second part of 4 isn't actually true. There are however very few decent rewards and the grind for the 2 factions with epics that aren't tank/pvp only are a huge grind for one piece. However having more factions, ones that are earnt with less difficulty, ie the low level ones, give us a couple more top end epics at those high reps, would be amazing. It'd be less grindy and it'd give more rewards.

+ Reply to Thread