+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pvp rank 2

Default Pvp rank 2

So i am about to get to rank 2 pvp and i have no idea what spec to use. Cos the talents in the archmage tree look amazing but if i take them i have to take points out of my other souls, I usually pvp as Pyro and i like having 51 points into it for Fulminate. But that leaves me with 15 points all of which i seem like i "need" to have in pvp but i would like some feedback:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1zvI0..eftIuusuts.EV

I ran with 51 pyro, 10 warlock, 5 archmage until I hit rank 3. At rank 3 you can get access to the 100% crit ability, plus the shield. Until then though, the 10 in warlock made my life much easier.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Its just the 15% less physical damage seems really good cos thats how i always die, from either warrior/rogues bull rushing me or a sab just popping 5 charges and then critting me for 3k, so the 15% less crit is also nice and then the 15% more damage is a must for pvp.

But then on the other hand 25% more charge is very good for pyro burst with Fulminate cos 100 charge can take a while to get when you're getting roflstomped and then also the 10% chance for instacast fireballs/cinderburst is very nice too. Ahh i dunno what to do

Rift Disciple

there is another problem with running 51 pyro/15archmage, no mana regen ability... and yes, on rank 2, u can spec 15% dmg, 15% less crit, 15% less dmg and abuse bugged rune sdhield.

Do bear in mind that the archmage damage reduction is physical reduction. Sabs and a good deal of warriors will be hitting you with elemental damage.

If it were a flat reduction in ALL damage, I'd say jump at it. As it is...nah.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Does the spell Countdown count as a Dot?

No, simply a delayed damage spell for added burst.

Soulwalker

How do you attain PvP rank 2?

Telaran

Default i just hit rank 3 and?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    I ran with 51 pyro, 10 warlock, 5 archmage until I hit rank 3. At rank 3 you can get access to the 100% crit ability, plus the shield. Until then though, the 10 in warlock made my life much easier.
    Where do you get access to the 100% crit ability? Is this something with the gear?

Quote Originally Posted by TheExecutioner View Post
    How do you attain PvP rank 2?
    When you press the button "K" to get the menu up to join Warfronts, look at the bottom of the thing that pops up and click that little tab. Its like a xp bar, you have to keep doing warfronts to rank up.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklung View Post
    Where do you get access to the 100% crit ability? Is this something with the gear?
    O.o

It's in the archmage tree. Forget the name at the moment. It's a self buff on a 3 minute cd if I'm not mistaken.

Telaran

Default u mean nevins lament?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    O.o

It's in the archmage tree. Forget the name at the moment. It's a self buff on a 3 minute cd if I'm not mistaken.
    You had said "I ran with 51 pyro, 10 warlock, 5 archmage until I hit rank 3. At rank 3 you can get access to the 100% crit ability, plus the shield. Until then though, the 10 in warlock made my life much easier. "

So you mean you can't get nevins lament i.e. 100% crit unless you are rank 3?

Or my initial thought was we get more points to spend at rank 3 lol i can dream

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by blacklung View Post
    You had said "I ran with 51 pyro, 10 warlock, 5 archmage until I hit rank 3. At rank 3 you can get access to the 100% crit ability, plus the shield. Until then though, the 10 in warlock made my life much easier. "

So you mean you can't get nevins lament i.e. 100% crit unless you are rank 3?

Or my initial thought was we get more points to spend at rank 3 lol i can dream
    oh duh i looked closer at the tree and i see now never realized there were rank limits on those...

+ Reply to Thread