+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wand Ranged Auto Attack Bugged?

Telaran

Default Wand Ranged Auto Attack Bugged?

Is anyone else curious about the point of wands?

At this point I can only assume they are stat sticks.

While obviously most of our DPS comes from our spells, I cannot help but notice we have a ranged auto attack with our wands, that extra DPS cant hurt in the split second between casts. However when we fight at a range, we are automatically put in melee auto attack mode. If we turn on ranged auto attack, we auto switch to our melee weapon as soon as we cast a spell.

I am not sure i get the point of wands! Seems like a nice idea, but... doesnt seem to work.

Would be nice if Wands just made your Melee weapons into ranged weapons or something. (that way we arent all just running around with dopey looking wands) but I would take anything. I feel like they dont work how they should.

Any insight. Anyone know if they are bugged? Or just destined to be stat sticks?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Edavi View Post
    Is anyone else curious about the point of wands?

At this point I can only assume they are stat sticks.

While obviously most of our DPS comes from our spells, I cannot help but notice we have a ranged auto attack with our wands, that extra DPS cant hurt in the split second between casts. However when we fight at a range, we are automatically put in melee auto attack mode. If we turn on ranged auto attack, we auto switch to our melee weapon as soon as we cast a spell.

I am not sure i get the point of wands! Seems like a nice idea, but... doesnt seem to work.

Would be nice if Wands just made your Melee weapons into ranged weapons or something. (that way we arent all just running around with dopey looking wands) but I would take anything. I feel like they dont work how they should.

Any insight. Anyone know if they are bugged? Or just destined to be stat sticks?

Good for ranged attacks if your out of mana and have a 35 range as apose to mage casting of 30.

Telaran

I mean.. that cant REALLY be all they are intended for.. right?

Why Bother?

Rift Disciple

Useless "stat sticks".

No, they are not good for if you are oom. Mana regen abilities are good for when oom.

Auto attack seems kind of bugged to for ranged rogues atm, I added startrangedattack to my macros and it seems to solve the issue.

+ Reply to Thread