Closed Thread

Thread: Useful Necro/lock macros?

Rift Chaser

Default Useful Necro/lock macros?

Anyone have any useful macros for the pairing? I am fast running out of keybinds between the pet and all the situational abilities; not to mention my pots, etc. I tried to set up an aoe macro for Grave Rot and Devouring Shadows, but it will not cast Grave Rot first like I want it to. It looked like this:

/cast Grave Rot
    /cast Devouring Shadows

In theory, it should work, since Grave Rot has a cooldown and it is first in line, but all it does is cast Devouring Shadows and ignores Grave Rot completely. I have no idea why it will not work, but I digress.

So, any tips for making this aoe chain work? Or just some macros in general for the setup?

Rift Disciple

I use this macro.

cast Neddra's Grasp
    cast Searing Vitality

I think the reason the AOE macro doesn't work is because they are both ground target skills and they require that second click of the mouse. If you were to do the process by hand it would be like trying to cast grave rot then, instead of clicking the ground to cast, just pressing your devouring shadows hotkey. Grave rot wouldn't happen at all.

These are what i use

Mouse Over Healing Macro...
    #show Life Shift
    cast @mouseover Life Shift

Mouse Over Fear Macro
    #show Fear
    cast @mouseover Fear

#show Wither
    cast @mouseover Wither
    Last edited by Gnume; 03-22-2011 at 06:16 AM.
    Gnume, Dwarven Mage

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dezyne View Post
    I use this macro.

cast Neddra's Grasp
    cast Searing Vitality

I think the reason the AOE macro doesn't work is because they are both ground target skills and they require that second click of the mouse. If you were to do the process by hand it would be like trying to cast grave rot then, instead of clicking the ground to cast, just pressing your devouring shadows hotkey. Grave rot wouldn't happen at all.
    Ah yeah, I guess that makes sense about the targeted aoes. Oh well.

I haven't tried using mouse-over casting, but I can see those being useful. However, it just boils down to me needing some space. I have like 3 action bars full and I'm only level 30. Fitting in the later warlock stuff is going to make me pull my hair out. I like having control of most things, but a couple simple macros would make life much easier. My warrior is 25 and has about half the keybinds of my mage. =/

I can see myself combo'ing Neddra's with something, but I'm unsure what it would pair best with. It still seems like something I wouldn't want to cast all the time in front of one of my main dots.

I'm thinking about adding pet attack to all my main dots, so I can remove pet attack from keybind and just use a stop attack when needed. This will free up at least one spot. Anyone come up with some pet related macros? (if pet attack can even be added, not even sure)

Thanks for the replies.
    Last edited by Sorrower; 03-22-2011 at 08:52 PM.

Soulwalker

Cool

I got it to work!

#show grave rot
    stopcasting
    cast grave rot
    wait 1
    cast devouring shadows

The key is the wait command. This give you time to do the click for grave rot, the click again for devouring shadows to come up. I added the 'stopcasting' because at first it would work once, then continue to cast ds instead of doing gr again, even when gr cd was up.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
    I got it to work!

#show grave rot
    stopcasting
    cast grave rot
    wait 1
    cast devouring shadows
    This still needs some tweaking tho. Sometimes I get 'cannot cast when moving' error when trying to cast GR. But if I stand still, it usually does still cast GR first. Occasionally it does cast DS first.

And Dark Touch is a nice spell to macro with Neddra's Grasp if you have Radiate Death..actually, you probably could put all 3 in one macro
    Last edited by 7sins; 04-24-2011 at 03:33 AM.

Soulwalker

I've been using two buttons on my mouse for Grave Rot and Devouring Shadows, tried the wait 1 macro earlier this week and I just didn't like it.

Since Dark Touch doesn't have a cooldown, there's no way to consolidate it with Neddra's Grasp and Radiate Death into one button, but you could put the latter two in one macro. Put it next to Dark Touch, press twice and bam, AOE debuff.

I posted this in another thread, but this is my space saving Warlock macro:

#show Void Bolt
    suppressmacrofailures
    [shift] cast Life Leech
    cast Neddra's Torture
    cast Draining Bolt
    cast Void Bolt

The shift key modifier just gets Life Leech off my bar.
    Neddra's Torture has a 20s duration and cooldown, allowing you to keep it up indefinitely on boss fights.
    Draining bolt again just to get it off my bar, otherwise I never use it.
    Void Bolt is spammed, and keeps refreshing Life Leech.

And to force your pet to attack a Looming Demise target:
    #show Looming Demise
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Looming Demise
    petattack

Closed Thread