+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please critique my PvP Lock/Necro/cloro mage

Default Please critique my PvP Lock/Necro/cloro mage

Helpful tips welcome flames and the like will be ignored.

Wanted to build a strong DoT spec with high survivability.

I've leveled from 1 - 50 with this build and I can come out on top in most fights against anything but a warrior. (Sabo rogues are a close second.)

thanks.

<edit> guess I should post the build...

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z....xkcx0z.xdhu0h
    Last edited by Greezelet; 03-21-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Rift Disciple

Check my thread -- I leveled to 50 with this exact spec, and also PVP with it. The survivability is unmatched. Honestly, i have no trouble with warriors. Sabs are a jokeb ecause they keep you stun locked.

THe only thing i have a problem with are necromancers.

Until dot damage is buffed and valor starts working you're better off gibbing people as a pyro

"Free men are not equal.
    Equal men are not free.
    "
    Magnificent Wizard of The Enclave

Thanks s1wg4u I'll check it out.

I have the cookie cutter pyro build and while it's fun when everything procs it's very RNG dependent. I don't need to play the top fotm spec to have fun, I'm trying to be the best "dark mage" I can be.

That's pretty much the ultimate survivability spec. No warrior or rogue should be able to kill you in that spec unless you get insta-gibbed. With improved RS and neddras essence/shadow life, I don't see how you could possibly get killed. The only thing that you could worry about is crazy lucky burst from a pyro or sabo or something, even then, that spec will still dominate them 90% of the time. If true, pure outlasting is your playstyle, then that is the spec to do it.

Soulwalker

The only problem with that spec at level 50 is that necro with less than 21 pt don't give the improved pet, so your pet is maxed at level 30. It will does close to 0 dmg so you wont get any healing from essence link
    Last edited by Blarkwenn; 03-22-2011 at 09:31 AM.

Well if you winning with this good job but i am guessing you aren't hitting people that know what they are doing.

You don't do nearly enough damage and your best damage is being done standing still and needs a charge built up. It takes way to long to get those dots up and without a mass cleanse sabs will eat you. Nevermind that you will be stunned the whole time you are getting loaded up with charges. If you are lucky you will get away with 1k hp which they can easily kill off. You shouldn't see them coming either so no time for Dam reduction

Same deal with stun lock wars. Better have more than 5k hp or you go no where. Even if you see him coming you get 2 fears (one they will insta pop out of) and a 3 second stun to get all your dots up and build your charge so you can pop drain. How often does that happen? of course if you see them coming you can pop the damage reduction. That will delay things maybe long enough.

Clerics will just plain out last you and cleanse your dots.

Works well on other mages though. As long as they aren't doms.

I wish this build worked better. It's the one I prefer to play. I hate being forced into junk i don't like to be competitive.

+ Reply to Thread