Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: i like storm caller - chloromancer . but I need MANA

Soulwalker

Default i like storm caller - chloromancer . but I need MANA

any tips to get mana?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by foopa View Post
    any tips to get mana?
    6 pts into Warlock and you will have infinite mana as long as you are using Chloromancer healing.

Soulwalker

6 points into what

Telaran

Anything, look at the skills you unlock by soul point investment below.

Soulwalker

bro in the storm caller tree, what is PUSH BACK ?

Telaran

I think what you're referring to is a skill that will interrupt a player/mob and move them back about 3-5 meters. Very important for knocking mages out of their Grounds and interrupting any other casting going on.

Soulwalker

pushback is that during the time your casting a spell, if you get hit, the spell will take a little longer to cast. You can see your cast bar move back a bit when it happens.

If you're referring to the "pushback" referenced in the talent Lightning Rod, then it is the amount of time added onto cast times of spells when taking physical damage during the cast. The "knockback" is visually noticeable if you're casting a spell and something hits you. Your cast bar gets "knocked down" a little. The Lightning Rod talent, 2/2, makes it so that you don't lose cast time when damaged.

*Edit Addin* I also suggest dabbling into Warlock for mana if you need it.
    Last edited by Wilzon; 03-21-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Telaran

Oh my bad, totally thought of something else, the others above nailed it.

Rift Disciple

Warlock for the mana/lifetap, or 8 points into necro for the pet mana/lifetap = infinite mana.

Default If I where you

I'll go for 8 pt elemental summoner:

5 pt Biting Cold for +5% crit chance, 2 pt in charged (lightning strike gets more crit % from stormcaller soul) and 1 pt in the shield...or if you prefer 3 pt in charged.

With 8 points you got revitalize that let you get mana out of combat.

Arrow

At higher lvls I love the archon exhileration talent 2.5% mana on crits my build right now is 39sc/13chlor/14archon. Great buffs for groups and soloing. Near impossible to run out of mana if aoeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Belith View Post
    I'll go for 8 pt elemental summoner:

5 pt Biting Cold for +5% crit chance, 2 pt in charged (lightning strike gets more crit % from stormcaller soul) and 1 pt in the shield...or if you prefer 3 pt in charged.

With 8 points you got revitalize that let you get mana out of combat.
    Revitalize @ 6 points.

to OP: Only using SC/Chloro you will never get enough mana. Use Archon (10-11 points), Elem (6 pts), Warlock (6 pts), Dominator (8-13 pts), Necromancer (8 pts) for mana management.

Rift Disciple

any tips to get mana?
    The question you need to ask yourself is the SC/chloro your leveling/grinding build or is your endgame DPS build? Dont be a hybrid as hybrids tend to slightly suck. If I had the option of taking a better chloro or a better SC then I would take them for an instance. You have 4 roles, so figure out if you want the SC/chloro as a grinder or a DPS'er.

As for mana management, others have covered it nicely in this post so far. What I would suggest to you is practice against some long bosses in lower lvl instances. If you run OOM and the boss still has 25% life left then the ELE skill will be of no use to you as you run far away to get out of combat to regain mana (you also lose all that DPS/healing during that time). The Necro or Warlock builds are the easiest for mana management during fights, esp endgame. It takes too much into the Dom and Archon trees to get a worthwhile mana regen tool. Also, there is a mana regen tool in the Chloro tree, but it is high up there.

Ascendant

I've stayed away from SC entirely because of the mana issue. Their potential pairings are very limited because of this, at least in PvP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast