+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Decent Solo build please?

Soulwalker

Default Decent Solo build please?

Hello i'm a lvl 50 mage not long turned, can anyone link me a decent solo build using zaam please I would like to be able to solo rifts as i see my fellow rogue(hunters) do.

Necro/chloro/lock or something along the lines would work.

Shouldn't be hard to figure out. Focus on necro mostly.

<PREGAME ALLSTARS> Gatoraide - 3x Mage Regulos US PvP
    Nadril -3x Rogue | Guardian | www.zackcerny.net | MAGES ARE THE WORST CLASS

Soulwalker

I have tried necro but tbh my "knight" doesn't hold aggro too well, even if I do have 5 stacks of deathly calling on the targets (and yeah I do have all the synergies). Ive tried many a many different combinations dual specs tri specs picking out the obvious abilities. None of them seem as efficient as
    rift solo farming + bonus stages as the rogue ranger/bard.
    Last edited by Anucksunamun; 03-21-2011 at 05:07 PM.

Even with the (at your current gear) Mage build, you are going to pull aggro off your pet.
    What's missing from the Mage tree you ask? A nice aggro grabbing ability that you can use to have your pet grab aggro back.. and not through a damage mechanic either.. a straight up button to push.

Honestly, since you're going to pull aggro off your pet anyhow, you might as well use your rogue pet instead of your tank pet-others here will agree. At least then, your pet is doing some decent damage while you're getting beat on. Necro/Lock/Chloro (sadly, that seems to be the 1 go to spec, despite having so many other possibilities.. or maybe Dom vice Chloro -shrug-).. heal return spells on the mob.. DPS away.

You can heal yourself and your pet..it's probably what you need to try out.

Rift Disciple

The bottom line is yes, they can, but I don't think thats what you're asking. I think you're asking if they stack up to clerics and warriors that kill mobs by looking at them and their only downtime is how fast they can turn their head.

If thats the question than no, mages don't stack up. Even the ones that come close FEEL slow because your not whacking on anything, you're not throwing out instants and reactionaries with no global, you're just sitting there casting the same spell over and over and over again.

Telaran

Thumbs up Try this

Quote Originally Posted by Anucksunamun View Post
    I have tried necro but tbh my "knight" doesn't hold aggro too well, even if I do have 5 stacks of deathly calling on the targets (and yeah I do have all the synergies). Ive tried many a many different combinations dual specs tri specs picking out the obvious abilities. None of them seem as efficient as
    rift solo farming + bonus stages as the rogue ranger/bard.
    I think you're doing something wrong with the knight. Pull with pet on defensive (Now the pet starts running in, don't manually send him in) by using plague bolt (invest in the 5/5 improved bolt so you get 2 DC stacks per cast.) Once PB starts casting, queue up Necrosis then Looming Demise. Read the pet skills tooltips and you'll understand why it's important for the knight to have both of those spells on the mob. The first swing or two he should use up the DC stacks, and those skills of his have now given him a lot of threat and stronger damage with Grave Touch (15 sec cooldown taunt) and Bone Shatter (20 sec cooldown, he uses this first so make sure Necrosis is on mob, then he cycles to Grave touch which doubles with Necrosis, and then Bone Shatter, which damage doubles if Looming Demise is on mob.

Using this method it's incredibly hard to get aggro back from the knight.

I'm level 48 with 38 in Necro (I enjoy Corpse Explosion, and the 2% damage per point in tree helps a lot with pet dps which translates to more aggro control), 24 Chloromancer (Having a rez, and stronger Blooms and Flourish, along with a shield on a 1 minute timer (soul points), and 2 Dominator (I need the knockback vs casters, especialy ground of power mages).

Using this method I've breezed through quests, rifts, and it's very helpful for instances and very lasting for pvp. Remember in Chloro the ability to increase Bloom and Flourish crit chance but up to (5/5) 25% after using a damaging spell really helps. The big bonus from Chloro is Nature's Touch, which is 2.5 cast time (I follow it with Ruin, shooting out two healing bolts rocks) and only 6 second recast timer, is amazing and a huge lifesaver as it will heal the knight for about 50% of his HP, using that while Bloom and Flourish are on CD, fill in between with the necro HoT and life transfer spell, and you always have Soul Purge, only burst damage will bring that pet down or a lot of mobs. I've taken out rift elites and other quest elites at my level or +/- 2 levels easily, especially if they're casters.

This spec I'd try if I were you, make a role simply for a beefy pet with nice heals and some CC in dominator (knockback and squirrel, and only 5sec CD on transmorgify) and it's a very nice solo'ing class I've found. Lots of utility here that I've found the cookie cutter Necro + Lock have. I've dueled a few necrolocks and always outlast them, which is what most PvP turns out to be, Good DPS + Heals + CC > Pure DPS specs.

PM me if you wanna hear more.

-Roshambo
    Last edited by Semper Fidelis; 03-21-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fidelis View Post
    I

Lots of utility here that I've found the cookie cutter Necro + Lock have. I've dueled a few necrolocks and always outlast them, which is what most PvP turns out to be, Good DPS + Heals + CC > Pure DPS specs.

-Roshambo
    I meant to say that Necrolock cookiecutter spec does NOT have.

38 Chloromancer / 28 Warlock / 0 Dominator

This is my main build, great for soloing, rift raids, and dungeons. It's so effective, I don't even use any other roles.

Soulwalker

can i pleas have some zaam links no good with the whole number builds :P and thank you all for the replies

+ Reply to Thread