+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ele/storm/lock What you all think

Telaran

Default ele/storm/lock What you all think

Thinking 51 points into ele, 5 in storm for air crit, and 10 in lock for charge plus Opportunity. First off this will be my first time with this build. So far ive noticed the damage seems to be there compared to my necro/lock build and even my pyro build. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this, and if so what do you think? Also im not 50 but i was wondering if the Swarming Flames level 51 pt talent in Ele is worth it, from what it sounds, it seems like it would be good burst, but cant test yet.

Just parsed it for the fun of checking something new.

The fire elementals do really huge dps. When active, they generate over 400dps on a boss target dummy. The fact that they don't last long as well as a long cooldown make it for far less of an impact then it could (should?) be.

The damage of the spec seems overall far inferior to necrolock and stormcaller (the 2 builds I usually play with). I can blame it to some extent on the fact that it was new to me, but not to a 250 dps below necrolock extent. ;)

But feel free to do some tests yourself, I was lost in micromanagement a few times.
    Last edited by Schmicks; 03-21-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Telaran

Yeah it seems the rotation is a bit of a pain in the arse to keep up, especially since ignite only alasts 10 seconds. But the damage i coudl pull off with everything on the mob was good, but keeping it up was a pain.

+ Reply to Thread