+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: give mage tank soul for the future?

Rift Disciple

Default give mage tank soul for the future?

maybe can add a tank soul for mage that focus on all magic dmg or death and water?

would easy be made workin whid a few tweaks just like rog or cleric

lets post some ideas and it might hapen if it is seen usefull

Soulwalker

should be a priority for them to balance what currently is, rather than what might be

Shadowlander

It'd be pretty cool. Seems like of the 4 roles (healer, dps, support, tank), each "role" gets 3. That'd give mages 4... but I'd love a well-done cloth tank.

Either through magic buffs, or via a revised pet soul. Elementalist and Necro feel too similar right now; it'd be great to differentiate them by giving elementalists the ability to lower their dps to increase the survivability of their pets to the point that tanking becomes possible.

To be honest, I would much rather see a melee dps soul (aka a Herald of Xotli) rather than a tanking one.

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

any "mage" tank would have to basically revolving around shape shifting probably. Turn into honking great bear, absorb damage, etc. However yes basically every class can do 3 things. Allowing us to tank would mean adding a pure healing spec to warriors or something

if rift gets an expansion pack and adds new souls...I honestly have no clue what they would be.
    Last edited by wallweasels; 03-21-2011 at 12:04 PM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Yeah i would love a magic based melee dps mage Please Gief me one Trion!!!!

The tanking soul is Elemental last I heard.

Plane Touched

Monk.. Monk.. Monk..

Must have feign death and iksar illusion. plz thx la

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    The tanking soul is Elemental last I heard.
    pet soul /=/ tanking soul. Heard of any MMO doing actual content with a tanking pet? Nope...none. Solo pve only
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Plane Touched

Someone suggested Geomancer at some point, with stone armor and absorb shields.

Quote Originally Posted by wallweasels View Post
    pet soul /=/ tanking soul. Heard of any MMO doing actual content with a tanking pet? Nope...none. Solo pve only
    Well actually...I think world first OS10 3 drakes was done with a Warlocks pet tanking the boss.

I'd love to play a point-blank Mage.

Imagine a Mage that can do warrior-like single target DPS at close range. (The tradeoff would be terrible armor at short range sans stealth)
    Right now, the closest to that awesomeness is Elementalist's Fiery Assault. If that didn't have a cooldown, it'd be my main offensive because it's so fun.
    Last edited by Ginnybinny; 03-21-2011 at 02:44 PM.

Should be a Melee dps tree that could be where you turn into the Zealot pet from the Necro tree? would be very cool

Or the Knight to tank

Plane Touched

Melee DPS spec would be cool, although maybe in the form of some sort of shapeshift, like a demon or something appealing (as opposed to the over-used bear).
    Last edited by Baynne; 03-21-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Shadowlander

I think the closest I've seen to 'cool' implementations have been the Valewalker and Necromancer from DAoC.

Valewalker had a butt-load of self absorption buffs paired with avoidance skills that helped beef up the survivability.

Necromancer made the caster incorporeal and summoned a pet. All actions went 'through' the pet. Lifedrains, channeled dmg shield, etc. It was a smooth way to make the caster's gear "make sense" when it augmented the pet's abilities without the boring, ho-hum "spellpower->armor rating" kind of conversions that already exist.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast