+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Remove All CC Except for 1 soul ...

Default Remove All CC Except for 1 soul ...

Remove ALL CC Including STUNS, ROOTS, and Snares and even Squirrel . Then remove Stealth as well from combat. The souls that do get CC should have them high up in the tree or high levels of the root abilities unless your a dominator and that should be midrange, not the first spell you get.

Give ONE soul in the Mage class the ability to CC (dominator) But put it high in the tree not the first freakin root ability.

Give one Soul in the Rogue Class (assassin) The ability to Stealth but REMOVE IT FROM COMBAT especially if the Rogue attacks first. Allowing a rogue to attack first then escape if the fight goes bad is stupid beyond belief.

Remove ridiculous ranged attacks from Warriors that are better than The Mage ranged attacks. Also remove stuns from warriors. Just fix warriors all together they are next to unbeatable.

Also look into how people are getting 10 + attacks off within 2 seconds, this is happening now at an alarming rate. Im not sure how this can be possible (with global cooldown) but it happened to me on numerous occasions last night by a warrior and a rogue. I have 5000 + Hitpoints on my mage and I was dieing in 2-3 seconds completely stunned the entire time. Looking at the comabt chat I noticed at least 10 attacks. Now if this is possible this is the worst game mechanic I have ever come across in an MMO..... if these players are exploiting and its unintended then something needs to be done NOW because this is really starting to piss a lot of people off. If these players are using some kind of cheat/hack program to bypass global cooldown then you need to fix that asap as well.

All the CC that currently exists in this game is taking away from the fun of the game. Constantly being stunned and snared and rooted by numerous classes is ruining this game.

If it were up to me CC would be limited to ONE class (dominator) Stuns would be completely removed from the game and rogues would not be able to use stealth in combat if they attack first. Simple fixes that would instantly fix this game IMO.
    http://www.prophecyguild.net/

http://cdn.videogum.com/files/2010/03/you_mad.jpg

I think that picture pretty much sums up this post.
    Last edited by Hanlo; 03-21-2011 at 10:18 AM.

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

/sarcasm
    I think while we are at we should just remove all abilities all together except 1 for each soul which will be on a 5 minute cooldown and make everyone duke it out with auto attack only and no armor or weapons. Not only would this fix any balance issues, but it would also do away with all the threads regarding armor and apperance slots.
    Last edited by kliknik; 03-21-2011 at 11:36 AM.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Quote Originally Posted by kliknik View Post
    /sarcasm
    I think while we are at we should just remove all abilities all together except 1 for each soul which will be on a 5 minute cooldown and make everyone duke it out with auto attack only and no armor or weapons. Not only would this fix any balance issues, but it would also do away with all the threads regarding armor and apperance slots.
    I think that 5 minute CD ability should be "Catapult Cow"...otherwise we should just stand around insulting each other in foreign languages.

Quote Originally Posted by Iselin View Post
    I think that 5 minute CD ability should be "Catapult Cow"...otherwise we should just stand around insulting each other in foreign languages.
    Hahahaha I think we may be onto something! Class balance issues solved!
    but make it a ranged slot only item
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

My dream is that something like (http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...m-of-Active-CC) will be implemented that doesn't remove cc or tweak its magnitude but to change its mechanics so that it can effect pvp in a positive way by putting the status on the player instead of the character. A big problem is that it essentially removes a person from participating from combat and engaging in a fight, and opponents can't really learn through it they have to just have lucky specs or cds.

But let's be honest, cc atm is overwhelming in pvp. Not only does cc>anti cc options and put too much weight on cc and anti cc classes but cc of this type should never have this much of an emphasis in pvp success regardless, even if you balance out cc classes against each other if the only thing that determines success is who starts a fairly uncounterable combo that kills the opponent first nothing is compared skillwise between players, only one players ability to press a button combination. And I'm saying this being a player who really focuses on playing cc classes usually in mmos :/

Shield of Telara

i think that anyone that would like to play a game with simple mechanics, and cookie cutter builds, knows exactly where they can go to find that.

Quote Originally Posted by Inixia View Post
    My dream is that something like (http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...m-of-Active-CC) will be implemented that doesn't remove cc or tweak its magnitude but to change its mechanics so that it can effect pvp in a positive way by putting the status on the player instead of the character. A big problem is that it essentially removes a person from participating from combat and engaging in a fight, and opponents can't really learn through it they have to just have lucky specs or cds.

But let's be honest, cc atm is overwhelming in pvp. Not only does cc>anti cc options and put too much weight on cc and anti cc classes but cc of this type should never have this much of an emphasis in pvp success regardless, even if you balance out cc classes against each other if the only thing that determines success is who starts a fairly uncounterable combo that kills the opponent first nothing is compared skillwise between players, only one players ability to press a button combination. And I'm saying this being a player who really focuses on playing cc classes usually in mmos :/
    PvP fights that turn into complete lockdowns are NOT good PVP its a complete "I Win" Button for certain classes like the warrior and Rogue in Open world PVP .

Thanks for the mature post . Inixia

Also keep in mind this does nto effect warfronts as much as it does open world which is turning into a complete stun grief fest. Once again thats not good PVP.
    http://www.prophecyguild.net/

There are numerous mage souls that have tools to properly deal with cc. Dominator, Archon, Elementalist, Archmage, and Pyromancer (at higher levels) immedietly come to mind (and those are the only ones I have experiance with). I honestly can not speak for open world PvP, but I know in warfront its not practical to go into battle with a mage with no defensive abilities at all and I am sure the same applies to open world PvP. The only real purpose for anyone running a pure DPS build with no kind of defensive abilities would be dungeon crawling and even then there is sometimes a need for defensive abilities.

Part of the allure of Rift is the flexiability offered with the soul system, if you take that away you are back to a game were class A is needed for enconter B and totally neutering the whole concept of the game.

A fact of player vs. player is sometimes your the windshield and soemtimes your the bug. You just need to roll with the punches and maybe look into a more flexiable build. Try to learn from your mistakes, better yourself and stop screaming "NERF!" because you got ganked by a rogue or steamrolled by a warrior. With the soul system there are plenty of options to build some defensive abilities into your builds and limit the amount of times you get dry gulched by some dirty little rogue hiding in the shadows.

*this isn't an attack on anyones character but my synopsis of the events outlined by the OP

+ Reply to Thread