+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TRION, Buff our Ele pets NOW

Rift Disciple

Default TRION, Buff our Ele pets NOW

These are undoubtedly the WORST pets in the game and get rofl-pwned. I speak of ahving the greater ele pets and no t just the lvl 30 capped ones.

The Earth Ele pet can't keep aggro and goes down too quickly. It can not even solo a mob that is 10 lvls less than itself. I don't care that its damage is nonexistent, but when it cant aggro and dies too quickly then it becomes a garbage pet. Even with debuffs on the target to increase pet damage by %'s why does it even matter when the pet was only doing 80 dmg. Yea, I now have it doing 90 dmg with debuffs on the target.

The Air pet doesn't do crap for damage. It should be THE dps pet but it is almost as bad at damage as the earth ele pet.

The Water pet is complete trash pet. It's slow effect is garbage and easily replaced by any one of my existing snare abilities.

Buff the heck out of the pets. Don't touch the abilities that make them stronger. Simply buff the pet itself.

Plane Touched

My pet seems to be holding out well. It was really week in the mid teens but a couple of our abilities buff it.

Does it get worse higher up?

I don't find that the air elemental do crap damage. It seem to be pretty balanced, in my opinion. The earth elemental does need a buff in threat gain though. The only time it's holding threat is during the taunt abilities. So for a few seconds the mob stops in its pursuit of me. Even if I give the pet 10 seconds to build up some threat I'll aggro after my second or third spell cast.

It's still useful for keeping a mob off of me when I have more than one at a time, but I could just as well transmogrify it instead - or AoE them down.

I just use the air elemental most of the time instead as it does higher damage and keeps about as much threat as the earth elemental - none.

Edit: It's been like that since the early teens and getting the greater affinity didn't change anything.
    Last edited by Novead; 03-21-2011 at 10:31 AM.

Rift Disciple

well my pet still holds his aginst same lvl elite mobs not sure about air ele pet i only solo as elemental
    pet heal for 25% hp evry sec and low agro on it and whid dmg shiled from dominator he holds agro fine unless i get all out nukeing.

and no pet sould be able to solo things of thair own lvl (well exluding necro pets as thay are the pets)

I agree. The earth elemental's aggro holding should be looked at. At level 38, it takes a very long time for it to build up aggro and they very easily lose it. As compared to the ranger's boar pet, the elemental is just plain disappointing.

Champion of Telara Nightbringer's Avatar

I've pretty much given up trying to keep agro off my earth elemental. I tank just as well as he does anyways, and have more hp to boot.

What he does do is absorb the damage of a single mob when I am fighting multiples.
    I'll let him pound away on one while I kill the rest. The same chloromancer heals keeping me up take care of him as well.

Against elite mobs, the story is different. There I am strictly healing, and trying very hard to avoid gaining agro.
    My pet may be squishier than I am, but I can pump a heck of a lot more heals in his direction than I can towards myself.

Now if only Vile Spores and Natures touch did not out-agro my pet.
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 03-21-2011 at 07:09 PM.
    The greatest mistake wizards make is to think they can change the world
    The greatest mistake the gods make is to allow a few of them to get away with it.

Plane Walker

I do agree that earth pet needs to generate much more threat, but if your pet can't solo tank 10 levels below you are doing something wrong.

At 35 I soloed a lvl 30 elite just by spamming quicken elements (talented) and throwing a fireball every now and again to chip away at the mob's health. (That said, I did have to be very careful about managing my aggro.)

Soulwalker

The Earth Elemental can do its job, it just requires some patient and understanding. Ive solo'd all the group quests Ive come across with it. The aggro is sensitive and twitchy, it definitely needs to be smoothed out and more consistent, but if you give it some time it will tank anything you need it to.

Youre complaining about it not being able to solo a mob? Why should it be able to solo a mob? Its a pet and is only a tool in the arsenal of the mage, you still have to hit your buttons and choose your attacks. Do you want to be able to just set your pet on aggressive and go AFK?

Once you start investing points into the talents that increase the dmg and survivability of youre pet, it is every effective. Its just not over powered and takes some effort to make work. I will say if you are using the pet has from a secondary soul....dont bother. Elementalist only shines when you use it has your main soul.

The necro pets (and that includes the skeleton rogue!) can hold aggro through the damage they do.
    I assume that their "aggro" spells are just as broken as the elemental ones but it doesn't matter because they generate enough aggro through buttkicking.

On average, the skeleton pets have less mitigation but they are the only (mage) tank pets because the earth pet is disqualified for not holding aggro in any consistent way.
    A tank who cannot hold aggro is no tank. No amount of damage mitigation can change that.
    You can draw aggro from simply HEALING your earth pet against a single target. This does not happen with the necro knight.
    Broken.

On the whole, the necro kills a lot faster - even with the warrior pet - because the elemtalist's spells are not good enough to make up that disparaty in pet damage.
    The elementalist's single target nukes are especially bad.

In theory the elementalist is better at doing AE damage but... how is that going to work? The elementalist has no self-heal like the necro and the earth pet certainly isn't going to hold aggro against AE spells...
    So the only real elementalist advantage... looks good on paper.

Personally, I find this situation sad because the elementalist playstyle suits me better than the necro one.
    Alas, the elementalist has no working tank pet, so...
    Last edited by Panduss; 03-22-2011 at 01:29 AM.
    Tired of wading through vast rivers of tears? Use this awesome forum feature!

+ Reply to Thread