+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dominator spec viable in pve?

Shadowlander

Default Dominator spec viable in pve?

i was wondering if there was a Dominator build that was good dps for instances as well as the great cc abilties and what any rotation would be like. i am currently running a SC/chloro for soloing with the slow on the ice and then using the same spec as aoe in instances and using a archon spec to dps and buff on bosses.

But i hear as you start to reach 50 and heriocs cc is neeede to help the tanks. so i was wondering if anyone had a build that i could use to cc and dps for tank survivabilty until tanks get better gear.

I'd say no until Trion makes it so tanks can lose threat off the aoe pile and real CC is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Zambone View Post
    i was wondering if there was a Dominator build that was good dps for instances as well as the great cc abilties and what any rotation would be like. i am currently running a SC/chloro for soloing with the slow on the ice and then using the same spec as aoe in instances and using a archon spec to dps and buff on bosses.

But i hear as you start to reach 50 and heriocs cc is neeede to help the tanks. so i was wondering if anyone had a build that i could use to cc and dps for tank survivabilty until tanks get better gear.
    Dom/Pyro/Warlock

Control, fast casting nukes, mana cost reduction and fast charge production.

Shadowlander

NeverGone could you put a built spec from riftzam. and a possible rotation ..

i have not problems since i have playev every other soul but havent looked at it was jsut wondering if ppl had any experience.

I switched to Dom/Lock last night, I'll be 3rd soulling with Stormcaller for the +Air crit and -Air Mana cost, as most Dom spells are Air-based.

I'll be posting a build once I finish it more. I'm having a blast as deep Dom.

Quote Originally Posted by Zambone View Post
    NeverGone could you put a built spec from riftzam. and a possible rotation ..

i have not problems since i have playev every other soul but havent looked at it was jsut wondering if ppl had any experience.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0zikqMco.xx00z

Why did you skip Slit Personality and take Chastise? Chast is only for vs. Players (this is PvE discussion).

This, IMO is the most viable PvE Dom-at-50 spec.

Some areas in T2 dungeons make a group thankful you have a 18 dom build that still does damage.

Champion

Theres necro for all there death attacks, that dom also has. but then, +5% to death damage isn't that much...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaedence View Post
    Why did you skip Slit Personality and take Chastise? Chast is only for vs. Players (this is PvE discussion).

This, IMO is the most viable PvE Dom-at-50 spec.
    My bad, had the build saved for a PvP setup. Otherwise, yes - just swap Split Personality for Chastise.

Rift Disciple

I wish I had a 5th spec option for a T2 boss build, want to try 32 pyro/18 dom/16 archon. Not sure there's a whole lot of point going beyond 18 dom for PvE atm as (as has been said) CC really isn't that big a deal currently, it usually comes down to a sap or squirrel pre-trash pull and that's about it. Even when you do improvise (such as loose mob on cleric and you root or fear it etc.) everyone is so used to blindly mashing AoE buttons that it only helps for a fraction of a second.

Telaran

There's the pyro/dom/warlock build that I've been having fun with in PvP and some PvE.

It burns mana like a madman, but on the other hand you gain charge at the same speed - so you'll be able to sac life:mana and reconstruct to get mana back.

The whole spec centers around the cast time reductions + extra damage from transmogrify. Start rotation is:

Squirrel->Storm Shackle->Haunting pain. You continue with a fireball or (it's still fast because the cast time reduction is still in place). Nuke with fireball or the wide range of instant cast spells you have (proc'ed flame bolt/draining bolt/thunder blast/opportunity'ed fireball or cinder burst).
    Finish off with Inferno.

Alternatively, Lock them down with Squirrel->Shackle->Haunting pain->Death's edict->Countdown->Dark touch. Use Arresting Presence on casters and laugh as then literally blow themselves up while running towards you.

If Shackle/Haunting pain is down, use the all-time classic Squirrel->Cinderburst->Fireball->Burning bonds-> pile on instants.

It's a lot of fun in un-organized PvP too - Black Garden in particular.
    Pile Void Shroud->Accelerated decay->Priest's lament (usually a cleric holding the fang in my battlegroup) on the fang holder, get a full charge bar and use Arresting Presence on someone in the pile - and watch people stand around going "Wtf ?!?".

I don't claim that it's the end-all be-all Dom PvE/PvP build. It's just someting I have fun with.
    Last edited by Glandur; 03-22-2011 at 07:59 AM.

+ Reply to Thread