+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mages are boring

Default Mages are boring

So i have now played most of the souls and done lots of dungeons just started doing T2's.

The mage is very boring i mean, every soul basicly has like 6 spells on bosses.

Like Necro/lock is : Necrosis, Dark Touch, Looming Demise, Life Leech, lay grave rot for deathly calling and use opportunity procs on Plague bolt, the just spam voidbolt. Aoe is just spread dots with Radiant Death and then do Devouring Shadow and after the 2nd tick lay it down again, rinse and repeat.

Pyro is even worse you basically have 5 things. Lay down you're ground of power, countdown, flamebolt, spam fireball and use instacast procs on Cinderburst.

Not tryed elementalist since leveling and i think this soul sucks on dps cos the pets are terrible.

Archon was fun for a while but again there are just about 7 spells few instants, and the five 5 min long group buffs. But after about 10 secs into a boss fight you're just spamming 4 buttons. 3 of which have cd's so most of the time you're just spamming 1 move (Booooorrring!?!)

Chloro was also fun and still is a little bit but people never usually want me to be Chloro(not cos i suck^^) cos they believe Chloro cannot solo heal, and they always want a bard to offheal cos the buffs they give.

Stormcaller i just did a few dungeons with and its even worse :X Single target is just 4 buttons, 2 instants, just keep these debuffs up and then you have the 2 casts one is for spamming as a filler which the other is to be kept on cd and this does alot less dps then other spec. Aoe was good dps but its just 4 buttons or 3 depending on what u wanna do.

And pvp i don't enjoy much. I have like 4 matches where i just get rofl-stomped and then a match where i roflstomp all the enemy's cos i usually get put with stupid player and/or bots. I just die too fast even with pyro and GoS warriors get me from 5k health(100%) to either dead or to under1k health from just 4 global cd's. Or a rogue pops out of stealth and kills me just before the stun wears off.

My damage compared to other callings was just above all my friends cos i'm almost full epic but now they have similar gear they do over 100 more dps each boss fight. Doesn't really bother me much but i want a fun spec to use in dungeons or something! not loads of souls that just use 6 spells prio

Feel free to say that i'm a newb

name any other calling that has to use more than 6-7 skills with varying cooldowns and watching for proc's and buffs/debuffs

if you think mages (the most complex calling) are boring than you should just give up on MMORPG's as you are clearly looking for a more complex hobby

Well all of our souls are pretty much 2-4 instacast dots or debuffs then just spam 1-2 buttons nonstop.

Rift Disciple

The number of abilities you have to use during a fight is not a measure of excitement.

I think the bigger problem with mages is that most abilities have a cast time and it feels too long, so the combat doesn't flow unlike a warrior or rogue. If they lowered the cast times (or just made every ability instant with a cooldown instead of a cast time) and lowered the GCD to 1 second it would go far in improving mages.

Telaran

You say that each soul has anywhere from 5-7 usefull skills and are boring.
    Now use 3 souls together and you have a lot more to choose from!
    Yeah, I'm being a little sarcastic, but on my mage, I use a lot more than 7 skills.
    You could opt to roll a Rogue and just spam 3 buttons :P
    ~Forgotten Heroes~

Shadowlander

Uh, if that isn't varied enough for you, try playing a warrior.

Flamespear, flamespear, flamespear, flame burst....

Plane Touched

Really? I have 24 skills hotkeyed for my mage, and in one case that is not enough.

Admittedly I don't use them all for a single target boss, but I am fairly overwhelmed by the amount of skills I have to deal with.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Onideath View Post
    So i have now played most of the souls and done lots of dungeons just started doing T2's.

The mage is very boring i mean, every soul basicly has like 6 spells on bosses.

Like Necro/lock is : Necrosis, Dark Touch, Looming Demise, Life Leech, lay grave rot for deathly calling and use opportunity procs on Plague bolt, the just spam voidbolt. Aoe is just spread dots with Radiant Death and then do Devouring Shadow and after the 2nd tick lay it down again, rinse and repeat.

Pyro is even worse you basically have 5 things. Lay down you're ground of power, countdown, flamebolt, spam fireball and use instacast procs on Cinderburst.

Not tryed elementalist since leveling and i think this soul sucks on dps cos the pets are terrible.

Archon was fun for a while but again there are just about 7 spells few instants, and the five 5 min long group buffs. But after about 10 secs into a boss fight you're just spamming 4 buttons. 3 of which have cd's so most of the time you're just spamming 1 move (Booooorrring!?!)

Chloro was also fun and still is a little bit but people never usually want me to be Chloro(not cos i suck^^) cos they believe Chloro cannot solo heal, and they always want a bard to offheal cos the buffs they give.

Stormcaller i just did a few dungeons with and its even worse :X Single target is just 4 buttons, 2 instants, just keep these debuffs up and then you have the 2 casts one is for spamming as a filler which the other is to be kept on cd and this does alot less dps then other spec. Aoe was good dps but its just 4 buttons or 3 depending on what u wanna do.

And pvp i don't enjoy much. I have like 4 matches where i just get rofl-stomped and then a match where i roflstomp all the enemy's cos i usually get put with stupid player and/or bots. I just die too fast even with pyro and GoS warriors get me from 5k health(100%) to either dead or to under1k health from just 4 global cd's. Or a rogue pops out of stealth and kills me just before the stun wears off.

My damage compared to other callings was just above all my friends cos i'm almost full epic but now they have similar gear they do over 100 more dps each boss fight. Doesn't really bother me much but i want a fun spec to use in dungeons or something! not loads of souls that just use 6 spells prio
    so that's 6 more buttons to use then rogues/warriors.

seems you are easily bored.

Mages are boring because they only have 3 viable trees atm.

+ Reply to Thread